NFL Draft Discussion

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Plenty of good RB get drafted after round 1 including our guy. You don't spend a 1st round pick on a backup RB.

I think the biggest thing people have to realize is that there is typically only 20-25 guys that teams have rated as “1st Round Picks”. Picking at 29, we are likely taking a 2nd round talent according

Posted Images

Current players picked to us in mock drafts

Pro Football Network, Walter Football- Yetur Gross-Matos, Edge Penn State
CBS Sports- Jeff Gladney CB TCU
Bleacher Report, Sports Illustrated- RB Jonathan Taylor, Wisconsin
NBC Sports, Daniel Jeremiah, Charles Davis- Joshua Jones OL Houston
Bucky Brooks- Trevon Diggs Alabama
PFF- OT Ezra Cleveland, Boise State
Draftsite- Austin Jackson OT USC
SB Nation- Terrell Lewis, Edge, Alabama

6 minutes ago, Dinx81 said:

Current players picked to us in mock drafts

Pro Football Network, Walter Football- Yetur Gross-Matos, Edge Penn State
CBS Sports- Jeff Gladney CB TCU
Bleacher Report, Sports Illustrated- RB Jonathan Taylor, Wisconsin
NBC Sports, Daniel Jeremiah, Charles Davis- Joshua Jones OL Houston
Bucky Brooks- Trevon Diggs Alabama
PFF- OT Ezra Cleveland, Boise State
Draftsite- Austin Jackson OT USC
SB Nation- Terrell Lewis, Edge, Alabama

Even with his recent knee surgery I would take Gladney out of all those guys, doubt the two OT in Jones/Jackson will even make it to 29 anyway.

3 hours ago, AussieTitanFan08 said:

Even with his recent knee surgery I would take Gladney out of all those guys, doubt the two OT in Jones/Jackson will even make it to 29 anyway.

Gladney is going to be a stud. I really think he just maybe be the best cornerback in this draft after Okudah

15 hours ago, AussieTitanFan08 said:

Tua moving surprisingly well for someone who was only cleared to resume football training activities 2 weeks ago, with the shutdown of player visits/medicals i'm sure there are going to be plenty more of these type of clips posted online and sent to teams.

Wonders of modern medicine...

Austin Jackson looks like he may fall out of round 1. 

Most everyone on that list is really a consensus 2nd round pick that could eek into round one, except maybe YGM...I’m really “meh” on a lot of players this year. So salty.

May as well throw Ross Blacklock onto that list with Casey gone.

If I’m JR, I would trade down a couple of times into round 2 collecting picks.

My favorite corners for the Titans are:

Trevon Diggs

Jaylon Johnson

Jeff Gladney

Damon Arnette

You can get one of these guys easily by dropping out of 1 into the top or mid of round 2. 

Titans have to replace a practical starter at NB, but that DB, if it’s a CB, may have to be someone who starts by 2021, if not sooner.

Unless Isaiah Mack (hit the rookie wall hard) or Matt Dickerson are ready to start, replacing Casey via the draft becomes a high priority.

This is not a strong DT draft. There’s question marks on everyone from Derrick Brown on down.

Edge - many of these guys are slow for 3-4 or didn’t have a lot of, or even good, production. Titans are probably better of looking for a Yannick Ngakoue type hit late day 2 or 3. 

16 minutes ago, GLinks said:

Austin Jackson looks like he may fall out of round 1. 

Jackson might get drafted by the Jets.

6 minutes ago, GLinks said:

Titans have to replace a practical starter at NB, but that DB, if it’s a CB, may have to be someone who starts by 2021, if not sooner.

Unless Isaiah Mack (hit the rookie wall hard) or Matt Dickerson are ready to start, replacing Casey via the draft becomes a high priority.

This is not a strong DT draft. There’s question marks on everyone from Derrick Brown on down.

Edge - many of these guys are slow for 3-4 or didn’t have a lot of, or even good, production. Titans are probably better of looking for a Yannick Ngakoue type hit late day 2 or 3. 

Javon Kinlaw may fall a little but not enough to get to the Titans.  AJ Espenensa is sort of interesting as a 3-4 end and he'll probably be there.  But I think the need at CB is stronger.  Going off what was said in another thread, the Titans are in a great spot to get some talent who should have gone higher but who is falling for medical reasons.  And they have proven in the past that they have no issues drafting players with injury issues if the talent is worth it.

I think both AJ Epenesa and Blacklock are in play at our pick now unless we sign a notable DL/OLB in FA

Robinson saw Epenesa live multiple times last year, and he's the exact kind of OLB that Robinson looks for. Would offer the same versatility as Clowney in terms of the diamond front. 

Obviously several corners and tackles would be options as well at pick 29, including Henderson (probably gone) and Josh Jones. 

13 minutes ago, tgo said:

I think both AJ Epenesa and Blacklock are in play at our pick now unless we sign a notable DL/OLB in FA

Robinson saw Epenesa live multiple times last year, and he's the exact kind of OLB that Robinson looks for. Would offer the same versatility as Clowney in terms of the diamond front. 

Obviously several corners and tackles would be options as well at pick 29, including Henderson (probably gone) and Josh Jones. 

No way if we draft him that we play him at olb outside of very random times. He is a 3-4 de. I dont think he is even that good anyway.

7 minutes ago, Callidus said:

No way if we draft him that we play him at olb outside of very random times. He is a 3-4 de. I dont think he is even that good anyway.

Yeah, you probably think the same thing about Clowney - they’re similar players. 

Vrabel and Robinson want someone to play in the diamond front who can go from OLB to 3 tech or blitzing the inside gaps. 

He’s way too small to be an end in our scheme. 

His NFL comparisons would be Trey Flowers or Za'Darius Smith or Clowney. Sound familiar?

Edited by tgo

1 minute ago, tgo said:

Yeah, you probably think the same thing about Clowney - they’re similar players. 

Vrabel and Robinson want someone to play in the diamond front who can go from OLB to 3 tech or blitzing the inside gaps. 

Uhhh no. Clowney is 255 and fast. Not 280 and running like a 4.8. I don't like either of them. Clowney is a problem because he wants 400million dollars. The other guy to me is looking like a decent 43 de or a good 34 de. I don't see him able to play olb at all.

My opinion, so if i'm wrong so be it.  Clowney can play the spot your are talking about but if he wants more than 15mil I don't want him.

1 minute ago, Callidus said:

Uhhh no. Clowney is 255 and fast. Not 280 and running like a 4.8. I don't like either of them. Clowney is a problem because he wants 400million dollars. The other guy to me is looking like a decent 43 de or a good 34 de. I don't see him able to play olb at all.

My opinion, so if i'm wrong so be it.  Clowney can play the spot your are talking about but if he wants more than 15mil I don't want him.

Clowney is not "fast." His issues as a player is lack of twitch and lack of bend. Same problem with Epenesa. They're both not traditional 3-4 OLBs, but can be used outside against the run and at times rushing from 9 tech like Wake did, and also at 3 tech or as a move around piece in multiple fronts including the Diamond. 

Just now, tgo said:

Clowney is not "fast." His issues as a player is lack of twitch and lack of bend. Same problem with Epenesa. They're both not traditional 3-4 OLBs, but can be used outside against the run and at times rushing from 9 tech like Wake did, and also at 3 tech or as a move around piece in multiple fronts including the Diamond. 

He isn't von miller but he can move. I wouldn't trust him in coverage much but I would not being having nightmares about it.  Epenesa I wouldn't trust covering anyone but a 6th oline on a sneak route.