NFL Draft Discussion

20 minutes ago, IsntLifeFunny said:

No way. You draft Burrow and never think twice. My starting point for negotiations would be all 3 first rounders, first rounder next year and in 2021. Anything less and the phone hangs up. 

Yeah.  Do not think the Bengals should even bother trading the pick.  Tua/Herbert are a tier below Burrow and they can’t do medicals on Tua which is big.  Interesting to see where he goes if MIA passes at 5. 

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Plenty of good RB get drafted after round 1 including our guy. You don't spend a 1st round pick on a backup RB.

I think the biggest thing people have to realize is that there is typically only 20-25 guys that teams have rated as “1st Round Picks”. Picking at 29, we are likely taking a 2nd round talent according

Posted Images

3 hours ago, SuperTitanic said:

At least Vrabel had the right idea during his inaugural season in holding four total draft picks in this day and age of NFL football. The player average of success (making a significant impact for the franchise in the long term) during the past fifteen years in regard to drafted players from the 5th round and higher is a mere 9%. Considering the amount of money saved and future holdings reserved, it would be prudent to trade up as high as possible with the excess of bottom tier picks and go after the most significant impact players available. 

Go back and check out the players missed during the past five drafts. Michael Thomas, Tyreek Hill, Dak Prescott, Kareem Hunt, Chris Jones, Austin Hooper, Marshon Lattimore, the list could add another five players - but I'm sure everyone will defend the half ass decisions made. 

Our three 7th round picks combined with the 174th pick could potentially move us up to the 164th pick. 

For me personally, I want the 1st round pick to be on Defense. I believe Robinson can find a RT in Round 2 or 3 much like he did Davis last year. The more I have seen the more I like Jeff Gladney and Winfield. Blacklock has potential as well

18 minutes ago, tgo said:

My ideal pick at 29 would be Jeff Gladney I think, but he may not be there. 

Good to see you're joining the Gladney train, remember in early January when we were discussing CB in the draft forum and you liked AJ Terrell and I mentioned to keep an eye on Gladney.

Only way Gladney makes it to #29 is if teams in front of us have concerns over that recent meniscus surgery which in the current environment where medical rechecks are problematic it makes that entirely possible. 

Edited by AussieTitanFan08

9 minutes ago, AussieTitanFan08 said:

Good to see you're joining the Gladney train, remember in early January when we were discussing CB in the draft forum and you liked AJ Terrell and I mentioned to keep an eye on Gladney.

Only way Gladney makes it to #29 is if teams in front of us have concerns over that recent meniscus surgery which in the current environment where medical rechecks are problematic it makes that entirely possible. 

Terrell seems like the worst of the top corners after having done more research. Diggs is probably better even. I think Arnette is better too. 

3 minutes ago, tgo said:

Does anyone understand what the local media obsession with Jalen Hurts is?

The Titans aren't fucking drafting this guy. Why do they spend such an exorbitant amount of time talking about him? 

Is it purely a radio thing haven't seen too much written discussion on Hurts to the Titans.

2 minutes ago, AussieTitanFan08 said:

Is it purely a radio thing haven't seen too much written discussion on Hurts to the Titans.

Davenport talking about him on Twitter now too, but have heard a ton about him on Titans radio, gets brought up all the time. Drives me absolutely nuts. 

On Sportscenter just now Schefter said the NFL is likely to extend the time teams have to make picks in the 2020 draft, this is viewed as a safeguard to protect teams against any possible technology problems from hosting their war room outside their facility this year.

Schefter suggested 12 minutes for the first round didn't mention what it would be for days 2/3 of the draft.

10 minutes ago, AussieTitanFan08 said:

Would not be surprised if the Jags took Henderson at #9.

God I hope so. Henry would run over him worse than even Ramsey. 

Henderson shies away from tackling regularly, imagine how shy he'd be to tackle Henry outside. 

Just now, tgo said:

God I hope so. Henry would run over him worse than even Ramsey. 

Henderson shies away from tackling regularly, imagine how shy he'd be to tackle Henry outside. 

If the Jags were smart they would take Brown or Kinlaw at #9 and then Gladney at #20.