Andrew Luck should come out of retirement

kyle021

I really thought Luck retired bc of the organizational flaws of the Colts for the majority of his career and after a year off I figured he would miss the game and make a comeback, and since there’s been not even a sniffle of this it will not happen, but I would find it hilarious if Luck came out of retirement and put the Colts in a position where they either had to cut him or trade him for peanuts since they’re paying both Brissett and Rivers. 

It would’ve made me laugh my ass off if he did come out of retirement and find his way onto the FA market and sign with a team like the Chargers, Patriots, Jets, or even the Jaguars in the AFC or say the Dolphins

what a pointless thread. I need to quarantine myself from TR for a few days. 

Waiting on this Clowney shit has me thinking stupid

5 minutes ago, abenjami said:

I believe even if he came out of retirement, the Colts still own him.

Exactly.  He simply got out to do other things in life. He made a ton of money and got tired of rehabbing injuries.  

Newsflash to some. There are plenty of NFL players that do not love playing football. It’s simply a means to an end.

• 1 month later...

If he was actually healthy enough to play, the Colts would be far better off with Luck at 30/31 than they are currently with Rivers at 38.

With all of the starting jobs seemingly gone, what will happen with Cam Newton? Maybe he gets a deal similar to what Dallas gave to Dalton?

On 3/23/2020 at 7:15 PM, Nash said:

Andrew graduated from Stanford.. there are plenty of opportunities that don't involve further injury for him..

He's also already made 100 million or more so ... there are plenty of opportunities regardless.

4 hours ago, Oiler FANatic said:

If he was actually healthy enough to play, the Colts would be far better off with Luck at 30/31 than they are currently with Rivers at 38.

With all of the starting jobs seemingly gone, what will happen with Cam Newton? Maybe he gets a deal similar to what Dallas gave to Dalton?

I am firm that we should sign Cam to a one year 5 million dollar deal with escalators if he plays in the absence of Tannehill. 

it is seriously a win win for us 

If RT goes down then Newton steps in and gives us a premier QB for a stretch of games that fits in perfect with our offense and I would comfortably rest saying he would put up some damn good numbers and keep the offense humming and winning games. He would then enter FA next year with about 4 maybe 5 guys that are starting this year and will likely retire at years end. Two for sure being Brees and Rivers with an outside chance of Brady, and he would likely net us a comp 3rd

we would go into this season with a veteran backup that would be able to start and take us to the playoffs if needed for that many games, produce big time stats, fit the scheme, and then cash in during FA giving us a comp 3...

He beats Woodside and McDonald and I don’t think he gets more than 5/yr on a one year deal. He has already said he is fine being a backup for a year. What’s the worst that can happen if we bring him in for a visit and end up signing? He isn’t a locker room cancer, and he wouldn’t bring the team down. He is better than Mariota, Gabbert, Woodside, or anyone else we have had as backups over the years. 

it is a no brainer for me. I would have already signed him.