There’s some quality FA’s left

kyle021

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2020/03/21/top-25-remaining-free-agents/

Obviously if we sign Clowney that’s most likely it for us in FA as we will keep the rest of the money for the rookies and to use for the cap in 2021 and extensions. 

however looking at that list I can’t help but think that we may be better off going with a few guys for the price of Clowney. 

We could bring in Golden who Davenport keeps harping about, and also bring in Darby, Rhodes, or Breeland at CB (Or maybe even Ryan on a one year deal) or if we decide to draft a corner instead we could maybe pursue Golden At OLB and Peters at OT which honestly may be the best route to go if we are going to bring in one more edge guy (Golden) to pair with Landry, Beasley, Walker, Roberson and also bring in Jason Peters to play RT and keep Kelly as the swing OT which would allow us to not force RT in the first two rounds and allow us to truly draft the BPA such as a CB, DT, WR, RB, or even a C

Obviously if we want to beat a team like KC we need to try our hardest at signing Clowney to ramp up a top tier pass rush consisting of Clowney, Landry, Beasley, Simmons and then draft a CB and RT early with our first two picks and then find speed at RB and WR In the third and 4th rounds (assuming there’s a guy we love and we can package three 7th rounders and our 5th to plunge into the 4th)

What would you say is the best course of action?

Robinsons whole offseason is designed to beat KC in the playoffs this year to advance to the SB this time. We lost because we were not able to apply a lick of pressure on Mahomes and he ate us up. Putting together a beast of a pass rush and adding talent at CB in the draft is the best way to go. So my money is with Clowney and a CB like Gladney in 1

Clowney obviously is at the top of the list.

I'd like to see them go after Timmy Jernigan or Shelby Harris to replace Casey. They might bring back Austin Johnson on a cheap 1 year deal for depth. Maybe Derek Wolfe?

Grab a veteran backup OLine guy, but they aren’t looking for starters.

DeAndre Washington would be a good 3rd down back, but they may be looking to draft a RB instead.

Not sure what they are doing at QB to backup Tannehill, but someone will need to be added. I still don’t see it being Woodside.

5 minutes ago, Starkiller said:

Clowney obviously is at the top of the list.

I'd like to see them go after Timmy Jernigan or Shelby Harris to replace Casey. They might bring back Austin Johnson on a cheap 1 year deal for depth. Maybe Derek Wolfe?

Grab a veteran backup OLine guy, but they aren’t looking for starters.

DeAndre Washington would be a good 3rd down back, but they may be looking to draft a RB instead.

Not sure what they are doing at QB to backup Tannehill, but someone will need to be added. I still don’t see it being Woodside.

Bortles would be a good backup qb to sign.

Agreed with the DL, still some good players there to be had.  I think they draft a RB as well.  I think they sign a vet CB and draft one high.

21 minutes ago, rns90 said:

Bortles would be a good backup qb to sign.

Agreed with the DL, still some good players there to be had.  I think they draft a RB as well.  I think they sign a vet CB and draft one high.

I could see Bortles as the backup. I suggested that last offseason even...

Starters: 

OLB Jadeveon Clowney 

OLB Markus Golden

TE Charles Clay (Played with Tannehill and was with the Bills while one of our top scouts was there)

DL Ndamukong Suh 

DL Derek Wolfe

DL Shelby Harris 

DL Damon Harrison

DL Dontari Poe

DL Christian Covington

CB Nickell Robey-Coleman

Depth: 

RB Lamar Miller

RB DeAndre Washington

RB Frank Gore

RB Devontae Booker

CB Jonathan Joseph

DL Mike Pennel

DL Brent Urban

OL Daniel Kilgore

OL LaAdrian Waddle

LB Josh Bynes

LB Will Compton

OLB Jabaal Sheard

OLB Anthony Chickillo

QB Mike Glennon

QB Josh McCown

QB Blake Bortles

QB Trevor Siemian

*Bolded the top or most likely options

3 hours ago, Alcibiades said:

I think they are content to see if they can get Ryan back cheap. If not, they'll sign someone else and hope Hooker can compete for the spot as well.

It would be great to bring Ryan back on a 1yr $5M type of deal, but I expect someone will give him more...

Charles Clay is an example of how shallow this type of report is. He was outbid by Buffalo when he was in Miami. He was a one dimensional receiving threat that was almost more of a H back than a tight end. He had trouble staying healthy in Miami and even more trouble staying healthy in Buffalo. Literally on his last legs. 

A starter in name only and not a good fit here.

3 minutes ago, JT2000 said:

Charles Clay is an example of how shallow this type of report is. He was outbid by Buffalo when he was in Miami. He was a one dimensional receiving threat that was almost more of a H back than a tight end. He had trouble staying healthy in Miami and even more trouble staying healthy in Buffalo. Literally on his last legs. 

A starter in name only and not a good fit here.

I included him because he has a relationship with Tannehill. I didn't bold his name because I don't think it's likely. One of the few viable TE FA options, so I threw his name up there. We're obviously unlikely to sign a FA TE and will probably fill that last TE spot in the draft. 

5 minutes ago, tgo said:

I included him because he has a relationship with Tannehill. I didn't bold his name because I don't think it's likely. One of the few viable TE FA options, so I threw his name up there. We're obviously unlikely to sign a FA TE and will probably fill that last TE spot in the draft. 

I was not criticizing you for putting the name up - it's just that some of the sources assume a lot when they talk about free agent starters.  

Thanks!

I feel pretty sure they will not take an offense of tackle in round one. I think cornerback is the most likely. I’ll go so far as to say it would make more sense to trade down to round two.

Corners such as Trevon Diggs, Jaylon Johnson and Jeff Gladney are fringe first-rounders depending on who you ask.  I’m sure by trading down they could at least recoup a 4th if not a 3rd.

For that matter, this same logic applies to any other position you want the Titans to take with their first selection:  OT, IDL, EDGE etc.

There’s just too many spots to fill to not anticipate the Titans trading down a couple of times throughout the draft.

23 hours ago, GLinks said:

I feel pretty sure they will not take an offense of tackle in round one. I think cornerback is the most likely. I’ll go so far as to say it would make more sense to trade down to round two.

Corners such as Trevon Diggs, Jaylon Johnson and Jeff Gladney are fringe first-rounders depending on who you ask.  I’m sure by trading down they could at least recoup a 4th if not a 3rd.

For that matter, this same logic applies to any other position you want the Titans to take with their first selection:  OT, IDL, EDGE etc.

There’s just too many spots to fill to not anticipate the Titans trading down a couple of times throughout the draft.

Rather get quality than quantity. A few very good players > 1 good player + 3 special teams players.