Titans Re-Sign Pruitt

tgo

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Good. He  is a solid backup and our best only blocking TE. 

Just what we’ve been waiting for! 

Just now, Starkiller said:

now let’s find out what he got. I’d guess something like 2 years for $6M

A little Less I bet. 

But yeah, I didn’t realize this before but under the new CBA - you can designate two vested veterans to re-sign on a one year deal and have 1.25M of their cap number exempted. 

I fully expect us to use this designation on two players to virtually eliminate their cap impact. 

2 minutes ago, tgo said:

But yeah, I didn’t realize this before but under the new CBA - you can designate two vested veterans to re-sign on a one year deal and have 1.25M of their cap number exempted. 

I fully expect us to use this designation on two players to virtually eliminate their cap impact. 

I haven't heard of that new rule before. That would make sense... if he would do a 1 year deal.

1 minute ago, Starkiller said:

I haven't heard of that new rule before. That would make sense... if he would do a 1 year deal.

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/28901832/nfl-cba-approved-players-get-new-deal-how-expanded-playoffs-schedule-work

Not certain it’s just for one year deals per this wording. 

“And there's a new "Veteran Salary Benefit" that allows a team to re-sign up to two of its own players per year (provided they have at least four years of service time) and exclude as much as $1.25 million of each player's base salary from each year's salary cap. Here's an example: Let's say you're a four-year veteran on the Jets, and they want to re-sign you. They can offer you a one-year, $6.25 million deal, and only $5 million of it will count against their salary cap if they designated you as one of their two VSB exceptions. If you left and signed with, say, the Patriots, for one year and $6.25 million, the Patriots will have to count all $6.25 million against their cap. It's sort of a starter version of the NBA's midlevel exception rule, as I understand it.”

4 minutes ago, Callidus said:

Ya, They gave firk league min, he is not gona get more than 2mil AT MOST. If I am wrong. I will be stunned.

Firkser was an EFRA. He had no choice but to take the minimum.

Pruitt was an unrestricted free agent and could have signed anywhere. And other no name TEs get well over $2M.

Edited by Starkiller

4 minutes ago, tgo said:

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/28901832/nfl-cba-approved-players-get-new-deal-how-expanded-playoffs-schedule-work

Not certain it’s just for one year deals per this wording. 

“And there's a new "Veteran Salary Benefit" that allows a team to re-sign up to two of its own players per year (provided they have at least four years of service time) and exclude as much as $1.25 million of each player's base salary from each year's salary cap. Here's an example: Let's say you're a four-year veteran on the Jets, and they want to re-sign you. They can offer you a one-year, $6.25 million deal, and only $5 million of it will count against their salary cap if they designated you as one of their two VSB exceptions. If you left and signed with, say, the Patriots, for one year and $6.25 million, the Patriots will have to count all $6.25 million against their cap. It's sort of a starter version of the NBA's midlevel exception rule, as I understand it.”

Heard about this and it seems like a good thing

Just now, Starkiller said:

Firkser was an EFRA. He had no choice but to take the minimum.

Pruitt was an unrestricted free agent and could have signed anywhere.

I get that but they are basicly the same player but opposites if that makes sense. One is a blocker who can catch when needed. The other is a pass catcher who can block if needed. Which is why I said one guy will get at most 4times as much as the other.

Just now, Callidus said:

I get that but they are basicly the same player but opposites if that makes sense. One is a blocker who can catch when needed. The other is a pass catcher who can block if needed. Which is why I said one guy will get at most 4times as much as the other.

It isn’t about who is better. Pruitt was an unrestricted free agent so he could negotiate for market value. Firkser wasn’t, so he had no option but to accept the league minimum.