Sign in to follow this  
tgo

Wake to Retire? (Update: Fake News)

Certainly could have used him in the KC game. He was disruptive at least, which was more than we can say for any of the other OLB’s, including a spent Landry. Also would have kept Landry fresher for the stretch run. You could tell he was gassed by the end of the year. 

2 minutes ago, Callidus said:

Why call him a de? I know it is a dumbass pointless question. But they guy has been a stand up edge forever.

He had his hand his hand in the dirt a ton in Miami. He’s played way more 4-3 end than 3-4, in fact almost exclusively. 

DE is really what he is. 

8 minutes ago, tgo said:

He had his hand his hand in the dirt a ton in Miami. He’s played way more 4-3 end than 3-4, in fact almost exclusively. 

DE is really what he is. 

I haven't watched much of them since I moved from Miami in 2015. I thought they ran predominantly a 3-4 with a small switch to a 4-3 in the last decade.

1 hour ago, tgo said:

DE is really what he is. 

I don't like seeing 4-3 ends put on end at 3-4 or even OLB. I feel like Vic B is a pure OLB guy who was forced to play down. I'm curious as to how this front looks if we sign Clowney. Who takes Casey's spot? Where does big Jeff go? Do we draft a guy like Ross Blacklock in the 2nd?

4 hours ago, SleepingTitan said:

I don't like seeing 4-3 ends put on end at 3-4 or even OLB. I feel like Vic B is a pure OLB guy who was forced to play down. I'm curious as to how this front looks if we sign Clowney. Who takes Casey's spot? Where does big Jeff go? Do we draft a guy like Ross Blacklock in the 2nd?

I would think it would be something like this in known passing situations 

Simmons

Clowney, Landry, Beasley, Evans, Brown

Jackson, Butler, Hooker

Byard, Vaccaro

In run downs, or second and medium something like

Simmons, Jones, Clowney

Beasley, Landry, Evans, Brown

Jackson, Butler, Byard, Vaccaro

4 hours ago, kyle021 said:

I would think it would be something like this in known passing situations 

Simmons

Clowney, Landry, Beasley, Evans, Brown

Jackson, Butler, Hooker

Byard, Vaccaro

In run downs, or second and medium something like

Simmons, Jones, Clowney

Beasley, Landry, Evans, Brown

Jackson, Butler, Byard, Vaccaro

Imagine this wet dream:

We sign Clowney, to a somewhat reasonable deal, and then do the unthinkable... go after Chris Jones too.

Known passing situations:

Jones, Simmons

Clowney, Brown, Evans, Beasley, Landry

Byard

Butler, Jackson

Or

Jones, Simmons

Clowney, Brown, Evans, Landry

Byard, Vaccaro/Hooker

Butler, Jackson

People still think there is a big difference between a 34 OLB and 43 DE? I swear some of you don’t actually pay attention when you watch games.

The reason the word “edge” became a thing is because they’re the same fucking thing lol  One might drop into coverage a few times a games. Teams are in nickel all the damn time anyway.

1 minute ago, TeamRamrod said:

People still think there is a big difference between a 34 OLB and 43 DE? I swear some of you don’t actually pay attention when you watch games.

The reason the word “edge” became a thing is because they’re the same fucking thing lol  One might drop into coverage a few times a games. Teams are in nickel all the damn time anyway.

Ehhhhh..... Some guys can play both, some guys cant. 260 pound dudes can play both. But a 280 pounder will struggle as a olb while a 240lb guy would be hard pressed to play de.

Throw in the de spot in a 3-4 and now you almost need a 280+ guy. 

Obviously the numbers are just an example.

6 minutes ago, ChemEngr79 said:

I wonder if Wake's knee injury was worse than reported?

He's close to 40