Rams Release Gurley

Jonboy

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Can't wait to hear what Tyrann Mathiue thinks about this situation!

In addition, Melvin Gordon is a free agent and no one is chomping at the bit to pay him either.   Derrick Henry needs to take notice.

Do you think it was dumber than other posters having to explain what a roster bonus is to @charleytolar?

Sounds like Gurley's doing OK....damn

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2020/03/19/todd-gurley-gets-34-5-million-for-two-years-and-possibly-more/#comments

He exits with $34.5 million over two seasons, an average of $17.25 million per year at a position that simply doesn’t pay that kind of money to the best players who play it. Of the $34.5 million, $31.95 million of the money he has made and will still receive comes without any offset obligation

1 hour ago, NashvilleNinja said:

If the Bucs are good enough with TB to get to the NFCC then they're good enough to get beyond the NFCC. "Guy on radio" is just bobbing for apples.

The Bucs have already won a SB for TB and made it to the NFCC on a separate occasion.  I think it is more to do with the coaches and players, personally.  

Edited by CreepingDeath

7 minutes ago, AussieTitanFan08 said:

That's a sensationalist tweet. It'd save time counting the RBs who do stay with their original teams, from any given year. Most of the RBs in the 2015 class aren't David Johnson, Melvin Gordon, and Todd Gurley. It's just a splashy headline that all three of those guys won't be back with their original team this year.

Edited by NashvilleNinja

Gurley just did not look like himself this season. I wouldn't sign him. Rams were trying to downplay it all season, but it was pretty clear he's not the same.

Gordon had a bad year at the wrong time, but still think the ability is there. He probably could be had cheap too.

Edited by socaltitan

3 minutes ago, socaltitan said:

Gurley just did not look like himself this season. I wouldn't sign him. Gordon had a bad year at the wrong time, but still thin the ability is there.

For one year?  I would.  250 carries over 4 yards a pop and he got 900 yds.  He can catch the ball and so can Gordon...........Two for one makes a ton of sense.  I'd trade Henry in a heart beat if we could land one or the other.........both is a wet dream.

5 minutes ago, Soxcat said:

How are they going to replace his production when neither can carry his jock strap.  Maybe Gurley can be his backup and get Henry Danish and a coffee.  

Best scenario is we finally reach a decent deal with Henry closer to $11 mil a year.  The market for RBs just isn't there and we have seen what happens to some of them.

The facts are playing against him getting $15 mil.  It is just reality and he probably isn't smart to pass up a deal that puts significant money in his pocket.  

MG3 would look better on our team. Plus he can play on passing downs.

With Gurley I would still be pretty worried about his arthritis.

Edited by Titans279

3 hours ago, Bongo59 said:

I'd trade Henry now and sign Gordon and Gurley for the 13 million Henry was getting.  Makes sense.  Two for one and they can easily replace his production.  

The larger problem with this idea is we can't sign them both for $13 million.  The Chargers offered Gordon $10 per season on a long term deal and he wouldn't take it.  Even if Gordon would take $10 now, Gurley's not playing for $3.

8 minutes ago, abenjami said:

The larger problem with this idea is we can't sign them both for $13 million.  The Chargers offered Gordon $10 per season on a long term deal and he wouldn't take it.  Even if Gordon would take $10 now, Gurley's not playing for $3.

I thought that dumbass post by bongo didnt deserve a response