Rams Release Gurley

Jonboy

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Can't wait to hear what Tyrann Mathiue thinks about this situation!

In addition, Melvin Gordon is a free agent and no one is chomping at the bit to pay him either.   Derrick Henry needs to take notice.

Do you think it was dumber than other posters having to explain what a roster bonus is to @charleytolar?

It's astonishing, and to the players themselves I imagine bewildering, how quickly a RB's career can take a nose dive. Gurley was a premium talent at RB just a couple years ago. Makes you wonder how quickly Zeke and Barkley will fall off.

It's a good thing DeMarco Murray was already here when we drafted him and that we kept him mostly on the shelf for the first year and a half or so. Those 400 carries he got his last year at Alabama would've probably already taken their toll on him if he had to be the bell cow from day 1.

I just wonder if the market for Gordon and with Gurley's release it doesn't make Henry hunker down even more with the prospect of his next big deal possibly being his last big deal.

4 minutes ago, NashvilleNinja said:

I  just wonder if the market for Gordon and with Gurley's release it doesn't make Henry hunker down even more with the prospect of his next big deal possibly being his last big deal.

Or Zeke got the last big RB contract ever and Henry should take the franchise tag money.

What am I saying?  There's a sucker born every minute.  Some owner with more money than brains will do it again.

Edited by sunworshipper

2 minutes ago, sunworshipper said:

Or Zeke got the last big RB contract ever and Henry should take the franchise tag money.

What am I saying?  There's a sucker born every minute.  Some owner with more money than brains will do it again.

If a RB is still young then I can definitely see them still getting paid. Idk, it may start happening with RBs that come into the league, at least the ones who get drafted in the first couple of rounds. They'll start wanting/demanding shorter first contracts. 3 years max instead of the 4 now, with possibly an incentive option to void the last year if they hit an agreed upon production number.

They have an argument for it. Their careers have the shortest average lifespan of any other position at two and a half years. Seems a bit unfair that the top talents have to spend twice the amount of time of their position's lifespan at one place without getting that big pay day.