The Never-ending Saga of Jadeveon Clowney

tgo

1 hour ago, tgo said:

Honestly I’ll be more surprised if we don’t sign Clowney than if we do. 

Maybe it’s just my bias and dot connecting though. 

To me the biggest gripe potentially is that he would have to go back to his old 3-4 stand up role at least on base downs. He seemed to like being a strictly hand in the dirt for Seattle last year. If another team has the same money offer as us and runs a 4-3 I think he could lean elsewhere.

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Take this for what it’s worth, when i broke the Lewan suspension hours and hours before any media members did - the same guy who slipped that to me just texted me and said that Clowney has already agr

Jurrell Casey died for this.

Posted Images

1 hour ago, tgo said:

Honestly I’ll be more surprised if we don’t sign Clowney than if we do. 

Maybe it’s just my bias and dot connecting though. 

It wouldn’t surprise me, but I think our odds are as good as anyone else’s. 

1 hour ago, rns90 said:

It just makes waaaay too much sense to me.  As long as we don't get outbid by the Colts by a lot, I feel kinda confident about this as well.

Just to play devil's advocate, what would be some of the reasons we don't pursue him?

Back-up Quarterback - Nate Sudfeld

RT - Resign Kelly/Rick Wagner

NB - Kendall Fuller

DE - Jarran Reed

OLB - Jordan Jenkins

I believe these are young targets that we could get at a reasonable contract which our current cap situation. Majority are younger players at position of need who have put together solid NFL seasons but are coming off a down year in 2019.  Nate Sudfeld is unproven in the regular season but has shown enough for the Eagles to keep him around all these years.

5 hours ago, NashvilleNinja said:

Just to play devil's advocate, what would be some of the reasons we don't pursue him?

To me it would be either money demands or him only wanting to play in a 4-3. 

53 minutes ago, tgo said:

Seems like only chance of upgrading edge is Clowney or Golden now that Addison has signed with the Bills. 

Fingers crossed for Clowney. 

Fowler also out there. Not a fan of his? Just curious

5 hours ago, tgo said:

Seems like only chance of upgrading edge is Clowney or Golden now that Addison has signed with the Bills. 

Fingers crossed for Clowney. 

I'm interested in what D'Andre Walker does. I certainly wouldn't rely on him alone to fix the pass rush problem but I've got a feeling he's going to be a nice surprise. 

When you factor in Simmons in year 2 after an off season and removed from the injury, a potential free agent signing and help from the draft I think they can improve the pass rush considerably and Walker might be a part of it

• TitansGuru changed the title to The Never-ending Saga of Jadeveon Clowney
  • Jonboy locked this topic