Jump to content
tgo

Titans All In on Clowney (Update: Russini Expects him to Sign with Titans)

Recommended Posts

I'm surprised people aren't paying more attention to the Yannick Ngakoue situation.    Jags are reportedly planning to tag him, but he's made it clear that he wants out.   Very good player.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, nine said:

I'm surprised people aren't paying more attention to the Yannick Ngakoue situation.    Jags are reportedly planning to tag him, but he's made it clear that he wants out.   Very good player.

He will likely be tagged and then would have to be traded for. Jax isn’t gonna trade him within the division. 

Edited by SirLanceALot

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, nine said:

I'm surprised people aren't paying more attention to the Yannick Ngakoue situation.    Jags are reportedly planning to tag him, but he's made it clear that he wants out.   Very good player.

He'd be my number one target but there is no way we get a shot at him.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ngakoue to the Titans isn't going to happen for several reasons. 

 

Dupree, Judon, Barrett are going to be tagged. Fowler is not a Robinson guy for a variety of reasons. 

 

I cant' see it being anyone other than Clowney or Addison or maybe an outside shot at a wild card like Fackrell or Van Noy or Beasley. 

Edited by tgo

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, tgo said:

Ngakoue to the Titans isn't going to happen for several reasons. 

 

Dupree, Judon, Barrett are going to be tagged. Fowler is not a Robinson guy for a variety of reasons. 

 

I cant' see it being anyone other than Clowney or Addison or maybe an outside shot at a wild card like Fackrell or Van Noy or Beasley. 

BAL made a mistake letting Z Smith go. Can't see them also letting Judon walk. I don't want Fowler. Off-field baggage aside, guys who are seen as underachievers then magically produce huge in a contract year always makes me nervous.

 

Fackrell would be an interesting under the radar move. Van Noy's a nice player, but I don't really see him as a true EDGE guy. I'm holding out hope Kerrigan gets cut. Addison and Beasley don't do much for me.

Edited by socaltitan

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

What are everyone's thoughts on Vic? I was talking to a falcons fan and he was saying he is good in coverage, stoping the run and ok at rushing the passer. 

 

Wouldn't be the white whale at edge we all want but he would be relatively cheap and would fit the scheme.

 

If what that guy said is true. I don't almost ever watch the Falcons.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This quote in the OP makes no sense:

"Clowney finished 2019 as the 10th highest-graded edge defender and won on 16.6% of his pass-rushing reps, which ranked 29th."

 

Per PFF Clowney was ranked 20th overall.  29th in won pass rush reps is pathetic for a guy wanting around $20 mil.

 

I'd rather sign Quinn or Beasley  for half as much and look for a draft pick.   

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, tgo said:

I cant' see it being anyone other than Clowney or Addison or maybe an outside shot at a wild card like Fackrell or Van Noy or Beasley. 

Outside of those options, what about Golden from the Giants or Pierre Paul from the Bucs?  Quinn might be the best but I'm not sure if he likes playing in a 3-4 scheme that much.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, Soxcat said:

This quote in the OP makes no sense:

"Clowney finished 2019 as the 10th highest-graded edge defender and won on 16.6% of his pass-rushing reps, which ranked 29th."

 

Per PFF Clowney was ranked 20th overall.  29th in won pass rush reps is pathetic for a guy wanting around $20 mil.

 

I'd rather sign Quinn or Beasley  for half as much and look for a draft pick.   

I agree with your final opinion. But the first part makes sense. Just like I was saying about conk.

 

It is saying he is a great run defender but a average pass rusher for a starter. What I have been saying since this forum has been clamoring for him.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   1 member



Titans Report Footer Logo

Titans Report is a fan operated website for the Tennessee Titans. The site includes a message board, blog, podcast, organized fantasy games,and a mobile site. The podcast has had on many prominent members of the media covering the Titans. Some names include John McClain of the Houston Chronicle, Jim Wyatt of the Tennessee Titans official website, Paul Kuharsky of 104.5 The Zone, Phillip B. Wilson of the Indy Star, Jonathan Hutton of the Titans Radio Network, Sal Capaccio of the Buffalo Bills Radio Network, Scott Wright of Draft Countdown, and others.

Recent Posts

Newest Topics

Official Website

Kuharsky's Blog

ESPN NFL Nation

104.5 The Zone

102.5 The Game

TITANSLINKS

×
×
  • Create New...