tgo

Titans All In on Clowney (Update: Russini Expects him to Sign with Titans)

I'm surprised people aren't paying more attention to the Yannick Ngakoue situation.    Jags are reportedly planning to tag him, but he's made it clear that he wants out.   Very good player.

1 hour ago, nine said:

I'm surprised people aren't paying more attention to the Yannick Ngakoue situation.    Jags are reportedly planning to tag him, but he's made it clear that he wants out.   Very good player.

He will likely be tagged and then would have to be traded for. Jax isn’t gonna trade him within the division. 

Edited by SirLanceALot

2 hours ago, nine said:

He'd be my number one target but there is no way we get a shot at him.

Ngakoue to the Titans isn't going to happen for several reasons. 

Dupree, Judon, Barrett are going to be tagged. Fowler is not a Robinson guy for a variety of reasons. 

I cant' see it being anyone other than Clowney or Addison or maybe an outside shot at a wild card like Fackrell or Van Noy or Beasley. 

Edited by tgo

1 hour ago, tgo said:

Ngakoue to the Titans isn't going to happen for several reasons. 

Dupree, Judon, Barrett are going to be tagged. Fowler is not a Robinson guy for a variety of reasons. 

I cant' see it being anyone other than Clowney or Addison or maybe an outside shot at a wild card like Fackrell or Van Noy or Beasley. 

BAL made a mistake letting Z Smith go. Can't see them also letting Judon walk. I don't want Fowler. Off-field baggage aside, guys who are seen as underachievers then magically produce huge in a contract year always makes me nervous.

Fackrell would be an interesting under the radar move. Van Noy's a nice player, but I don't really see him as a true EDGE guy. I'm holding out hope Kerrigan gets cut. Addison and Beasley don't do much for me.

Edited by socaltitan

What are everyone's thoughts on Vic? I was talking to a falcons fan and he was saying he is good in coverage, stoping the run and ok at rushing the passer. 

Wouldn't be the white whale at edge we all want but he would be relatively cheap and would fit the scheme.

If what that guy said is true. I don't almost ever watch the Falcons.

This quote in the OP makes no sense:

"Clowney finished 2019 as the 10th highest-graded edge defender and won on 16.6% of his pass-rushing reps, which ranked 29th."

Per PFF Clowney was ranked 20th overall.  29th in won pass rush reps is pathetic for a guy wanting around $20 mil.

I'd rather sign Quinn or Beasley  for half as much and look for a draft pick.   

4 hours ago, tgo said:

Outside of those options, what about Golden from the Giants or Pierre Paul from the Bucs?  Quinn might be the best but I'm not sure if he likes playing in a 3-4 scheme that much.

29 minutes ago, Soxcat said:

This quote in the OP makes no sense:

"Clowney finished 2019 as the 10th highest-graded edge defender and won on 16.6% of his pass-rushing reps, which ranked 29th."

Per PFF Clowney was ranked 20th overall.  29th in won pass rush reps is pathetic for a guy wanting around $20 mil.

I'd rather sign Quinn or Beasley  for half as much and look for a draft pick.   

I agree with your final opinion. But the first part makes sense. Just like I was saying about conk.

It is saying he is a great run defender but a average pass rusher for a starter. What I have been saying since this forum has been clamoring for him.