tgo

Titans All In on Clowney (Update: Russini Expects him to Sign with Titans)

If, IF, that is true, you move on and sign IMO Harris/Wolfe and Golden and move on with your life. You can’t run the risk of missing out on all these folks for one guy, no matter how good. 

Gut reaction: Clowney wants someone to up their offer and will sign before training camp somewhere. Classic negotiating tactic

7 minutes ago, TWR said:

You just named 12 possible picks for our first round. After you have went through all 32 and we’ve made our first selection you’ll come back to one of those posts lol

Well there’s a ton possibilities at our pick. We could go in several different directions. 

I just named several people at each position that could be available at our pick and that fit our scheme. 

If I had to choose 5 players I would want at 29 it would be

1) Jeff Gladney - CB

2) Austin Jackson - OT

3) Josh Jones - OT

4) Justin Jefferson - WR

5) Ross Blacklock - DT

I think RT could be had in round 2 by going with a guy like Ezra Cleveland who I think is not very far at all behind Jones/Jackson at RT, or someone like Charles or Niang at our pick in 2 that we wouldn’t have to trade up for, and all of those guys would be immediate day 1 starters. 

I am more leaning toward a RT in round 2 and taking a skill player in round 1 with my focus solely on Jeff Gladney. That guy is just a force at CB and would be the perfect guy to matchup with Tyreek Hill and TY Hilton

1 minute ago, AvgJoe said:

If, IF, that is true, you move on and sign IMO Harris/Wolfe and Golden and move on with your life. You can’t run the risk of missing out on all these folks for one guy, no matter how good. 

Gut reaction: Clowney wants someone to up their offer and will sign before training camp somewhere. Classic negotiating tactic

I agree. I’m actually to that point right now. I wouldn’t be upset at all if we took ourselves out of the running for Clowney and signed Golden and added Harris, Wolfe, Jernigan

Not a bad list @kyle021

Mine at this stage would be: 

1. CB Jeff Gladney

2. OT Josh Jones

3. OLB AJ Epenesa

4. DL Ross Blacklock

5. CB Jaylon Johnson

Btw - I think Ezra Cleveland is being overrated by a lot of people. 

33 minutes ago, SleepingTitan said:

I did a draft sim that allowed me to get needs AND find some CB depth special teams. 

image.png.6c4bb67dd81b98a7b591bd7b888ef6f7.png

Getting Blacklock and Johnson would be wins, lol, on paper at least. 

Edited by GLinks

49 minutes ago, AvgJoe said:

With the season on the line it would be a really stupid move if he means it. I imagine if rumblings start happening that the season is getting canceled he’ll take whatever he can get. 

35 minutes ago, tgo said:

Btw - I think Ezra Cleveland is being overrated by a lot of people. 

100% agree with this, also think Cleveland doesn't have the run blocking power that JRob likes in his OL.

11 minutes ago, IsntLifeFunny said:

With the season on the line it would be a really stupid move if he means it. I imagine if rumblings start happening that the season is getting canceled he’ll take whatever he can get. 

Really it is.  His leverage will decrease after the draft.  Teams will have drafted their guys and Ngakoue will be traded and or other interested teams will simply sign the remaining edge guys (like Griffin or Golden).  I like Clowney but he isn't great enough as he thinks he is.  There are no OTA's this year which probably decreases the chance of injuries too.  So the odds of some team getting an injury in OTA and scrambling to sign him are lower.

1 hour ago, kyle021 said:

Well there’s a ton possibilities at our pick. We could go in several different directions. 

I just named several people at each position that could be available at our pick and that fit our scheme. 

If I had to choose 5 players I would want at 29 it would be

1) Jeff Gladney - CB

2) Austin Jackson - OT

3) Josh Jones - OT

4) Justin Jefferson - WR

5) Ross Blacklock - DT

I think RT could be had in round 2 by going with a guy like Ezra Cleveland who I think is not very far at all behind Jones/Jackson at RT, or someone like Charles or Niang at our pick in 2 that we wouldn’t have to trade up for, and all of those guys would be immediate day 1 starters. 

I am more leaning toward a RT in round 2 and taking a skill player in round 1 with my focus solely on Jeff Gladney. That guy is just a force at CB and would be the perfect guy to matchup with Tyreek Hill and TY Hilton

Kyle, good job! I like the mock but, I already told JRob I want the kid from Memphis!!!

26 minutes ago, thor said:

Kyle, good job! I like the mock but, I already told JRob I want the kid from Memphis!!!

I wouldn’t be mad at all if we went Antonio Gibson in round 3, BUT

I would be fucking pissed if we took him over JK Dobbins in round 2 or 3

I actually like Dobbins more than Swift and Taylor... I just think Dobbins is a cant miss RB prospect. 

Call me whatever you want, but I think he is every bit as good as Elliott and likely the second best RB to come out of Ohio State in the last decade outside of Elliott

Edited by kyle021

Makes me wish Etienne didn’t go back to school, because he is truly special and I believe he would’ve been a top 20 pick had he come out this season. He may go too 10 next year if he continues to average 8+ yards per carry and continue to generate 1,000+ yard seasons like he has despite not playing in the second half of games. Very little tread on his tires, and he has speed that you simply don’t come across often at that position. 

kind of a Chris Johnson type of RB

I’m still not over him valuing a college education over millions of dollars!

45 minutes ago, rns90 said:

Really it is.  His leverage will decrease after the draft.  Teams will have drafted their guys and Ngakoue will be traded and or other interested teams will simply sign the remaining edge guys (like Griffin or Golden).  I like Clowney but he isn't great enough as he thinks he is.  There are no OTA's this year which probably decreases the chance of injuries too.  So the odds of some team getting an injury in OTA and scrambling to sign him are lower.

Oh oh oh! I forgot about Everson Griffen being cut by the Vikes...

SIGN THAT NUT JOB RIGHT NOW AND BRING IN MIKE DANIELS TOO AT THE COST OF WHAT IT WOULD TAKE TO SIGN CLOWNEY!!!

I don’t understand why Clowney can’t have a physical done in whatever City he is in right now, funded by the Titans with the Titans team doctor on Skype and able to access and view the imaging from PACS himself?

like it doesn’t seem like it should be this hard. Scans can be uploaded into the PACS system and able to be viewed by other physicians and radiologists with Clowneys approval.