The Never-ending Saga of Jadeveon Clowney

tgo

26 minutes ago, oldschool said:

If jrob lands both Clowney and Beasley I'll be ecstatic. Beasley sounds a lot better as a #2 FA acquisition.

I'd love to add all that talent, but if they do I’d like to know how they plan to play them all. 

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Take this for what it’s worth, when i broke the Lewan suspension hours and hours before any media members did - the same guy who slipped that to me just texted me and said that Clowney has already agr

Jurrell Casey died for this.

Posted Images

3 minutes ago, japan said:

You don’t have to give up any draft capital to sign Clowney. I assume significant draft capital for Jones.

Significant is putting it light he was the main reason the Titans and Niners has so much trouble.He didn’t get mvp but shoulda have.Their gonna want a pretty Penny or they’d just hold on to him.They know how good he is.

7 minutes ago, Starkiller said:

That’s an expensive platoon.

I can only assume they would play plenty of a diamond front like Vrabel used in Houston.

I think this is it exactly. Vrabel’s trying to put his “mustache” on the defense.

On the ESPN Sportscenter Free Agency Special Schefter just said that there is still a massive gap between what teams are valuing Clowney at and what Clowney values himself at, until Clowney drops his asking price don't expect him to sign anywhere soon.

No mention of the Titans as a team in the running to sign him.

2 minutes ago, japan said:

Why do you think that? Landry super cheap, Beasley $10 million?  

Meaning they already have their 2 top OLBs. Adding a 3rd in Clowney is expensive.

Unless Vrabel has a plan to use all 3 of them more than normal that’s a waste of money.

If we signed Clowney he'd kick inside on passing downs for sure. I wasn't a big fan of signing him to a huge contract but now it sounds like he can be had at a reasonable rate & can rush inside where he's best. It makes sense to be a little more aggressive now.

3 hours ago, japan said:

If Vrabel is all for signing Clowney then you have no reason to be afraid. If You haven’t been impressed with Vrabel’s feel for the LB position then you haven’t been paying attention. 

You're right.  I was looking at it without thinking about what Vrabel would add to the equation.  It's funny, the first thing I thought about with Beasley was Vrabel getting improved play from him.  

When you look at the current state of the roster I think there might be a few too many holes depth wise to go out and make a big splash signing like Clowney.

Current Needs

- Backup QB

- RB either a complimentary piece to Henry or his long term replacement

- Blocking TE

- Maybe WR replacement for Tajae Sharpe

- 2 or 3 OL including long term RT

- 1 IDL

- A stouter edge player that can set the edge opposite Landry on early downs.

- Another ILB to provide depth behind Brown/Evans/Long Jr.

- 2 CB

Not going to be able to fill all those needs almost exclusively in the draft if Clowney takes up a decent chunk of the remaining cap space.

Edited by AussieTitanFan08

• TitansGuru changed the title to The Never-ending Saga of Jadeveon Clowney
  • Jonboy locked this topic