The Never-ending Saga of Jadeveon Clowney

tgo

13 minutes ago, SleepingTitan said:

Even the talking radio heads are finally coming to this conclusion. They were talking today on 104.5 about if you would pay $16 mil to a solid disruptive Clowney or somebody who only played on 3rd down but got 16 sacks. Universallly: 16 sacks. 

I'm guessing one of these bottom barrel teams that always blows their load in FA like Browns/Jets/Miami will overpay him. Being on a good team, a good city, I doubt any of that is in Clowney's mind. He wants to max value regardless. I don't like that about a player because it usually ends with injury and less than 60% played season. The exception would be Revis and Suh -- but hell Suh had conditions on city and teams he liked. 

Clowney has unequivocally stated that he wants to play for a contender and not a bad team for money

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Take this for what it’s worth, when i broke the Lewan suspension hours and hours before any media members did - the same guy who slipped that to me just texted me and said that Clowney has already agr

Jurrell Casey died for this.

Posted Images

14 minutes ago, SleepingTitan said:

Even the talking radio heads are finally coming to this conclusion. They were talking today on 104.5 about if you would pay $16 mil to a solid disruptive Clowney or somebody who only played on 3rd down but got 16 sacks. Universallly: 16 sacks. 

I'm guessing one of these bottom barrel teams that always blows their load in FA like Browns/Jets/Miami will overpay him. Being on a good team, a good city, I doubt any of that is in Clowney's mind. He wants to max value regardless. I don't like that about a player because it usually ends with injury and less than 60% played season. The exception would be Revis and Suh -- but hell Suh had conditions on city and teams he liked. 

I think after all the back/forth, delays for exam and price haggling between the two parties it strains the relationship.   So, in the end "We'll pay you, but don't expect anything else from us."   "I'll come but I ain't busting my ass for you cheap mofos."  

1 hour ago, SleepingTitan said:

Literally half of your posts are just talking shit about other posters. Your posts (the other half) are weaker than potato water. 

Bruh. You started a fucking thread calling a draft pick that we got great value on a bust before he has even suited up. Fuck outta here. 

15 minutes ago, StephenIsLegend said:

Bruh. You started a fucking thread calling a draft pick that we got great value on a bust before he has even suited up. Fuck outta here. 

That was a frustrating thread. My favorite part about it was when the whiners couldn't name a single player that we should've taken instead of Evans. All they kept saying was "we needed a pass rusher". Given how obvious it is they didn't watch any of the prospects' tape it's pretty clear they just don't know anything about any of the pass rushers that were available. Dunning-Kruger effect is mofo.

3 minutes ago, Mythos27 said:

That was a frustrating thread. My favorite part about it was when the whiners couldn't name a single player that we should've taken instead of Evans. All they kept saying was "we needed a pass rusher". Given how obvious it is they didn't watch any of the prospects' tape it's pretty clear they just don't know anything about any of the pass rushers that were available. Dunning-Kruger effect is mofo.

I would bet my last penny that the phrase: "Dunning Kruger effect is mofo." was just spoken into truth for the first time on Titans Report.  Got to love sports.

22 minutes ago, code said:

I would bet my last penny that the phrase: "Dunning Kruger effect is mofo." was just spoken into truth for the first time on Titans Report.  Got to love sports.

He knocked it out of the park after the JRob draft picks by saying "I could hang a wet towel on it"  and now with "Dunning Kruger effect is mofo" he's got us reeling!  The Mythos27 quotes continue to only get stronger!  :94_fist:

14 hours ago, StephenIsLegend said:

I've started more than one thread about draft picks like that, and I don't think I've been wrong about any of them. Were you one of those people posting about how DGB was a "changed man" and was gonna "be a beast"?

9 hours ago, SleepingTitan said:

I've started more than one thread about draft picks like that, and I don't think I've been wrong about any of them. Were you one of those people posting about how DGB was a "changed man" and was gonna "be a beast"?

Do you still believe pass rush isn’t as important as coverage? 

I honestly don’t remember. I do remember thinking that if he put it together he had insane physical traits and could be a stud. 

but openly calling players busts and taking that position before they even set foot on the field opens the door for big time criticism, and your track record doesn’t seem to be all that great. 

17 hours ago, StephenIsLegend said:

Do you still believe pass rush isn’t as important as coverage? 

I honestly don’t remember. I do remember thinking that if he put it together he had insane physical traits and could be a stud. 

but openly calling players busts and taking that position before they even set foot on the field opens the door for big time criticism, and your track record doesn’t seem to be all that great. 

I say a lot of stupid shit. I admit to that. I carried the "Village Idiot" label for that reason. I have a good track record for calling busts, on our team and others. 

I didn't say pass rush wasn't important. I said for our team we needed to shore up our secondary (draft) as a higher priority than drafting pass rush. Looks like Jrob felt the same way. Pass rush "helping the secondary" and being more important than coverage is really an older way of thinking. Nowadays QB's are moving pockets. Linemen are setup to create multiple pockets during the course of pressure rather than just holding the same pocket. QB's are also mobile. 

In our division and conference especially, you're not facing stoic QBs. The receivers are quick, and the QBs have mobility. Plaster drills and not having open receivers when the pocket moves is more important to us at this time than a pass rusher who will almost get there. Don't bring up hurries and pressures. They're not sacks. Mahomes has proven he can complete 20 yard passes "almost" on the ground side arm through defenders. Besides that, we have a good developing front 7. I like the addition of Beasley. That's really all we needed. In the secondary, Titans have been sliding downhill for a while. In our case, it would really help the pass rush if those receivers weren't open. 

• TitansGuru changed the title to The Never-ending Saga of Jadeveon Clowney
  • Jonboy locked this topic