The Never-ending Saga of Jadeveon Clowney

tgo

1 minute ago, scine09 said:

That's true.  But they can certainly afford to sign one.

They need young talent on the front 7.  I know they've gotten younger and better there but they need to continue to do it.  That's what the draft is for.

But it is probably better to draft a RB for the long term anyway.  I agree with you on the front 7 part but for a team that runs the ball as much as we do, the RB does have increased value.  Plus we have no idea how the negotiations with Henry are. 

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Take this for what it’s worth, when i broke the Lewan suspension hours and hours before any media members did - the same guy who slipped that to me just texted me and said that Clowney has already agr

Jurrell Casey died for this.

Posted Images

1 minute ago, rns90 said:

But it is probably better to draft a RB for the long term anyway.  I agree with you on the front 7 part but for a team that runs the ball as much as we do, the RB does have increased value.  Plus we have no idea how the negotiations with Henry are. 

If they do I'd do it no earlier than round 3.  Actually I wouldn't at all but I know that's not realistic.

2 minutes ago, scine09 said:

If they do I'd do it no earlier than round 3.  Actually I wouldn't at all but I know that's not realistic.

If they traded down and acquired more picks, I could see it earlier.  And if they take one in the first two rounds that tells me a lot about the Henry negotiations.

Just now, rns90 said:

If they traded down and acquired more picks, I could see it earlier.  And if they take one in the first two rounds that tells me a lot about the Henry negotiations.

Right now they have 3 picks in the first 4 rounds.  They need to be focusing on other areas.  IMO.

They didn't lose the AFC Championship game because of who their 2nd running back was...

2 minutes ago, scine09 said:

Right now they have 3 picks in the first 4 rounds.  They need to be focusing on other areas.  IMO.

They didn't lose the AFC Championship game because of who their 2nd running back was...

Don’t disagree with you but they seem to have placed it as a priority.

1 hour ago, scine09 said:

Certainly not.  And they scored 28 points in a game where he was the feature back.

Which is my point.

Another reason I want another power back behind Henry. The pass catching from backs means little to us. Just keep smashing the other team in the face.

Any back can catch a dump off if it is needed. We are not going to start doing designed passes to rbs that gain big yards other than screens.

5 hours ago, oldschool said:

so stop acting like Losing an average RT and a past his prime DT makes the team significantly worse. I'd argue a healthy Simmons with the Landry and Beasley on the edge makes the front 7 better right now than it was last year, I won't argue Kelly is better than Conklin but he's not that much of a drop off. Pretty sure he actually grades better in pass protection than Conklin does.

Pretty sure Kelly grades better because he gets even more help than Conklin 

24 minutes ago, Callidus said:

Another reason I want another power back behind Henry. The pass catching from backs means little to us. Just keep smashing the other team in the face.

Any back can catch a dump off if it is needed. We are not going to start doing designed passes to rbs that gain big yards other than screens.

I don't see why they can't incorporate that.  They need a back who catches well out of the backfield as his biggest strength much more than a pure running back.

1 minute ago, scine09 said:

I don't see why they can't incorporate that.  They need a back who catches well out of the backfield as his biggest strength much more than a pure running back.

Exactly.  We don't know about whether this stuff is in the playbook.  Plus a RB who can catch opens up your offense as well.

23 minutes ago, Soxcat said:

Makes me wonder if they will consider getting Blasingame some work as a RB.  He can catch and could also be a decent pass blocker.

It’s possible, but hopefully they will add a RB who can be the primary 3rd down back who can block and be a receiving threat

55 minutes ago, scine09 said:

I was not saying don't add it. Was saying if we don't we know we cN still win. 

To me adding another big bruiser would be better since that way when we pull henry the other team wouldn't know why. I think the reason dion was so bad in the pass game was that teams knew it.

48 minutes ago, Soxcat said:

Makes me wonder if they will consider getting Blasingame some work as a RB.  He can catch and could also be a decent pass blocker.

He would actually fit the bill, he can catch and is around the same weight. He is only listed as a rb since most teams don't list fullbacks. 

Not saying he is the answer but he could fill the backup spot. And we don't have a lead blocker that often so he should be rested.

1 hour ago, Titans279 said:

Pretty sure Kelly grades better because he gets even more help than Conklin 

Thats a good point and its entirely possible. Bottom line is that Conklin wasn't worth what he was going to command and Kelly isn't a long term replacement. They will need to address RT early in the draft imo.

• TitansGuru changed the title to The Never-ending Saga of Jadeveon Clowney
  • Jonboy locked this topic