The Never-ending Saga of Jadeveon Clowney

tgo

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Take this for what it’s worth, when i broke the Lewan suspension hours and hours before any media members did - the same guy who slipped that to me just texted me and said that Clowney has already agr

Jurrell Casey died for this.

Posted Images

I'm with everybody who is afraid of Clowney.  The reason he's not signed is injury problems and the rap on him when he came out.  Takes plays off.  He may or may not be taking plays off, but that rap usually doesn't just pop up on a player.  He wants a big deal and it's not a one year deal.  If he gets a long term deal, it's a big risk.  A player as good as him would ordinarily have signed day one for record money.  With the risk involved, I'm against rolling the dice.

2 minutes ago, tgo said:

I saw earlier that the Seahawks are trying to acquire Ngakoue. I wish they'd hurry up and do it. 

That's just speculation and hope from their fans.  No evidence of talks.  If Clowney leaves though, they almost have to do something like that.

1 minute ago, Number9 said:

I'm with everybody who is afraid of Clowney.  The reason he's not signed is injury problems and the rap on him when he came out.  Takes plays off.  He may or may not be taking plays off, but that rap usually doesn't just pop up on a player.  He wants a big deal and it's not a one year deal.  If he gets a long term deal, it's a big risk.  A player as good as him would ordinarily have signed day one for record money.  With the risk involved, I'm against rolling the dice.

In fairness, the whole physical/medical vetting that goes on is no doubt hurting him too as he's coming off of core surgery after the season plus I'd assume any team would want to check out the microfracture knee deal from years back.

By all accounts, Seattle was offering around 18 M per year but again no idea what type of guarantees that offer entailed.

1 minute ago, tgo said:

I saw earlier that the Seahawks are trying to acquire Ngakoue. I wish they'd hurry up and do it. 

Doesn't seem to be like the Jags are in a hurry to trade him.  He'll be dealt but JAX can wait.

Just now, 8MM said:

More than likely it's in place. Just waiting to hear from Clowney on his decision. 

Would they sign/acquire both Yannick and Clowney?

9 minutes ago, tgo said:

I think he meant if Clowney signs elsewhere they would trade for Ngakoue. 

Actually, many in the Seattle media want them to re-sign Clowney and trade for Ngakoue.  Not sure I see that being feasible cap wise but Seattle almost always trades their first rounder so maybe.

That won't be for long re: Ngakoue. 

He will not play for the Jaguars this year, it's only a question of when he will be traded. And the Seahawks make the most sense. They run the same scheme, along with the Chargers and Falcons who both are set at OLB now. 

1 minute ago, IsntLifeFunny said:

I would rather trade for Chris Jones, but Clowney would be a great fit in our defense. 

I'm not sure whether they'd trade Chris Jones, I don't think he's up for trade. 

He's the second best DL in the game right now probably, and is the Chiefs second best player. I'd definitely prefer him over Clowney but I don't think that's an option. 

6 minutes ago, tgo said:

I'm not sure whether they'd trade Chris Jones, I don't think he's up for trade. 

He's the second best DL in the game right now probably, and is the Chiefs second best player. I'd definitely prefer him over Clowney but I don't think that's an option. 

They tagged Jones with the non-exclusive, so if a team offered a good enough package they'd likely be open to it.

• TitansGuru changed the title to The Never-ending Saga of Jadeveon Clowney
  • Jonboy locked this topic