Jump to content
tgo

The Never-ending Saga of Jadeveon Clowney

Recommended Posts

26 minutes ago, thor said:

 

Kyle, good job! I like the mock but, I already told JRob I want the kid from Memphis!!!

I wouldn’t be mad at all if we went Antonio Gibson in round 3, BUT

 

I would be fucking pissed if we took him over JK Dobbins in round 2 or 3

 

I actually like Dobbins more than Swift and Taylor... I just think Dobbins is a cant miss RB prospect. 
 

Call me whatever you want, but I think he is every bit as good as Elliott and likely the second best RB to come out of Ohio State in the last decade outside of Elliott

Edited by kyle021

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Makes me wish Etienne didn’t go back to school, because he is truly special and I believe he would’ve been a top 20 pick had he come out this season. He may go too 10 next year if he continues to average 8+ yards per carry and continue to generate 1,000+ yard seasons like he has despite not playing in the second half of games. Very little tread on his tires, and he has speed that you simply don’t come across often at that position. 
 

kind of a Chris Johnson type of RB

 

I’m still not over him valuing a college education over millions of dollars!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
45 minutes ago, rns90 said:

Really it is.  His leverage will decrease after the draft.  Teams will have drafted their guys and Ngakoue will be traded and or other interested teams will simply sign the remaining edge guys (like Griffin or Golden).  I like Clowney but he isn't great enough as he thinks he is.  There are no OTA's this year which probably decreases the chance of injuries too.  So the odds of some team getting an injury in OTA and scrambling to sign him are lower.

Oh oh oh! I forgot about Everson Griffen being cut by the Vikes...

 

SIGN THAT NUT JOB RIGHT NOW AND BRING IN MIKE DANIELS TOO AT THE COST OF WHAT IT WOULD TAKE TO SIGN CLOWNEY!!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I don’t understand why Clowney can’t have a physical done in whatever City he is in right now, funded by the Titans with the Titans team doctor on Skype and able to access and view the imaging from PACS himself?

 

like it doesn’t seem like it should be this hard. Scans can be uploaded into the PACS system and able to be viewed by other physicians and radiologists with Clowneys approval. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, kyle021 said:

I don’t understand why Clowney can’t have a physical done in whatever City he is in right now, funded by the Titans with the Titans team doctor on Skype and able to access and view the imaging from PACS himself?

 

like it doesn’t seem like it should be this hard. Scans can be uploaded into the PACS system and able to be viewed by other physicians and radiologists with Clowneys approval. 

The team doctors can't examine him and if you're paying that much for a player you want to be certain.  Clowney can go to an independent physician.  And if they find something, the Titans doctor can't examine him so they are stuck with the opinion of that other physician.

 

This scenario happened with Brockers and the Ravens and caused them to walk away and Brockers re-signed with the Rams.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Also, Dennard while he isn’t a big upgrade over Sims, is still an upgrade to Sims, and we should take a look into him and bring him on with a one year deal in the range or market of about 5 mil. I’m still butt hurt about Alexander signing with the Bengals on a bargain deal. He is an ascending NB and the bengals signed him to very modest deal. 
 

the lack of a CB signing makes me think the Titans are letting Ryan test the market and likely have a deal on the table for him to circle back to and sign in the event he doesn’t find what he is wanting. 
 

I would offer him a 1 year deal that would allow him to test the market next year while staying with us and chasing a title. 
 

also surprised NE hasn’t offered him a deal to go back there. 
 

Delanie Walker isn’t going to sign anywhere until after the draft. He is the player the teams are worried about bc of his injuries and will want a hands on physical. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, rns90 said:

The team doctors can't examine him and if you're paying that much for a player you want to be certain.  Clowney can go to an independent physician.  And if they find something, the Titans doctor can't examine him so they are stuck with the opinion of that other physician.

 

This scenario happened with Brockers and the Ravens and caused them to walk away and Brockers re-signed with the Rams.

I get that, but what I don’t get is why Clowney can’t be evaluated by an independent doctor while our doctor is able to order the appropriate scans and images that can be done wherever Clowney is at, and our doc can then view them himself...


I know he had core muscle surgery done, but it’s not like we can’t evaluate him from the outside and order the tests that we would if he was in the doctors presence. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, kyle021 said:

I get that, but what I don’t get is why Clowney can’t be evaluated by an independent doctor while our doctor is able to order the appropriate scans and images that can be done wherever Clowney is at, and our doc can then view them himself...


I know he had core muscle surgery done, but it’s not like we can’t evaluate him from the outside and order the tests that we would if he was in the doctors presence. 

 

I don't think they can order those tests.  I think they can evaluate the results.  I'm not sure though, could be wrong.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, rns90 said:

I don't think they can order those tests.  I think they can evaluate the results.  I'm not sure though, could be wrong.

No, they can definitely order them from the stance they would be a consulting physician. 
 

The exams would have to be ordered in name by the doc examining Clowney physically, but it would be at the expense of the Titans and the team doc through a consult. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, kyle021 said:

I don’t understand why Clowney can’t have a physical done in whatever City he is in right now, funded by the Titans with the Titans team doctor on Skype and able to access and view the imaging from PACS himself?

 

like it doesn’t seem like it should be this hard. Scans can be uploaded into the PACS system and able to be viewed by other physicians and radiologists with Clowneys approval. 

 

Not easy to find independent doctors willing to give NFL players complete physicals now.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

FWIW Jeff Darlington on ESPN NFL Live today said that with all the impediments that teams face with signing Clowney that it will ultimately lead to Clowney signing a 1yr deal with the Seahawks with the hope of cashing in next offseason.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, AussieTitanFan08 said:

FWIW Jeff Darlington on ESPN NFL Live today said that with all the impediments that teams face with signing Clowney that it will ultimately lead to Clowney signing a 1yr deal with the Seahawks with the hope of cashing in next offseason.

I wish we would just man up and offer him a fat 2 year deal. We have a SB window right now. If he busts because of injury and circumstance then so be it. I know that’s easy to say because it isn’t my money, but if I was the GM and I was a couple mil a year difference I would pull the trigger and hope to compete for a championship the next two years. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, IsntLifeFunny said:

I wish we would just man up and offer him a fat 2 year deal. We have a SB window right now. If he busts because of injury and circumstance then so be it. I know that’s easy to say because it isn’t my money, but if I was the GM and I was a couple mil a year difference I would pull the trigger and hope to compete for a championship the next two years. 

 

Would imagine the medical concerns far outweigh the monetary issues at this point.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, AussieTitanFan08 said:

 

Would imagine the medical concerns far outweigh the monetary issues at this point.

Exactly. If Seattle still has a deal on the table then they can’t be that bad I would imagine. 
 

Did it ever come out if Seattle got a chance to evaluate him after his surgery? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.



Titans Report Footer Logo

Titans Report is a fan operated website for the Tennessee Titans. The site includes a message board, blog, podcast, organized fantasy games,and a mobile site. The podcast has had on many prominent members of the media covering the Titans. Some names include John McClain of the Houston Chronicle, Jim Wyatt of the Tennessee Titans official website, Paul Kuharsky of 104.5 The Zone, Phillip B. Wilson of the Indy Star, Jonathan Hutton of the Titans Radio Network, Sal Capaccio of the Buffalo Bills Radio Network, Scott Wright of Draft Countdown, and others.

Official Website

Kuharsky's Blog

ESPN NFL Nation

104.5 The Zone

102.5 The Game

TITANSLINKS

×
×
  • Create New...