tgo

The Never-ending Saga of Jadeveon Clowney

10 minutes ago, tgo said:

It shouldn't have to be repeated so often, but stats are only part of the story. Using only stats is like a blind man grabbing a penis and assuming that everyone just has midget arms.

Everyone knows that the Titans are signing more free agents, because they don't have enough draft picks to fill out their roster as is. Another pass rusher will be signed, it's just a matter of who it'll be.

21 hours ago, Starkiller said:

Meaning they already have their 2 top OLBs. Adding a 3rd in Clowney is expensive.

Unless Vrabel has a plan to use all 3 of them more than normal that’s a waste of money.

JR is trying to load up on pass rushers to beat Mahomes. That's how I'm seeing it. Beasley would play Wake's role. It's a lot for a bench guy, but it is 1 yr. Beasley should not be starting.

Edited by socaltitan

4 minutes ago, scine09 said:

Adding pass rushers is never a waste of money.  You can never have enough.  I’d be fine if they gave big money to 5 edge rushers to be honest.  One or two will wear down or get hurt.  And then come January if you don’t have the depth you’ll have a very difficult time stopping elite QBs like Mahomes.

If you can’t get a pass rush you have no chance against him.  I’m pretty sure Robinson knows that.

Yep. I wouldn't be surprised if he doubles down too. Add Beasley and Clowney as OLB. Then draft DL at 29. An interior pass rusher to pair with Simmons. Nickel CB in round 2. Then RB and developmental OL can be addressed.

If we're going to go deeper, we HAVE to find a way to get past Mahomes. It won't be the last time we run into him.

Edited by socaltitan

12 minutes ago, scine09 said:

Adding pass rushers is never a waste of money.  You can never have enough.  I’d be fine if they gave big money to 5 edge rushers to be honest.  One or two will wear down or get hurt.  And then come January if you don’t have the depth you’ll have a very difficult time stopping elite QBs like Mahomes.

If you can’t get a pass rush you have no chance against him.  I’m pretty sure Robinson knows that.

Yeah, one thing that's apparent to me is that Robinson gets "it" on how to build a football team.  I mean, yeah all of the moves don't work out.  By there is a sound philosophy in how to build a team.  I mean he's just not randomly signing guys and dumping them on the roster.

7 minutes ago, rns90 said:

Yeah, one thing that's apparent to me is that Robinson gets "it" on how to build a football team.  I mean, yeah all of the moves don't work out.  By there is a sound philosophy in how to build a team.  I mean he's just not randomly signing guys and dumping them on the roster.

Right.  I'd say every move he's made since being the GM has had a purpose.  It's not like in the old days where the Titans would draft great athletes regardless of background and assume they'd fit him into a system (DBG, for example).  Robinson never in a million years would have drafted someone like that.

Edited by scine09

6 minutes ago, Titans279 said:

This is Suh all over again. 

At least now we’re coming off an Afcc game. 

Edited by japan

On 3/19/2020 at 3:40 PM, Number9 said:

I'm with everybody who is afraid of Clowney.  The reason he's not signed is injury problems and the rap on him when he came out.  Takes plays off.  He may or may not be taking plays off, but that rap usually doesn't just pop up on a player.  He wants a big deal and it's not a one year deal.  If he gets a long term deal, it's a big risk.  A player as good as him would ordinarily have signed day one for record money.  With the risk involved, I'm against rolling the dice.

Somebody may have already sent the same response, but as usual I'm behind, and I feel so strongly about this I have to commit it to the Internet.

CLOWNEY IS UNSIGNED BECAUSE HE HAS *NEVER* LIVED UP TO HIS PHYSICAL "POTENTIAL", CAN'T STAY HEALTHY, AND HAS NEVER BEEN THE IMPACT PLAYER INTERNET SCOUTS THOUGHT HE WOULD BE.

I can't even see him in a 3-4 and you'd be mad to switch to 4-3 to accommodate this ham-and-egger.

I'll be seriously pissed if we got rid of 99 for this tease.