The Never-ending Saga of Jadeveon Clowney

tgo

3 minutes ago, Titans279 said:

If he doesn’t end up taking a deal right before the season starts he’s an idiot. 

An NFL players window for making big money is short.  Que the Jerry Glanville quote.  You're right, if he turns down $13M because he wants $15M he's an idiot.  His value won't be going up next season either, especially if the salary cap goes down.

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Take this for what it’s worth, when i broke the Lewan suspension hours and hours before any media members did - the same guy who slipped that to me just texted me and said that Clowney has already agr

Jurrell Casey died for this.

Posted Images

There's no way Clowney sits out.  At this point, he may as well wait until the end of camp to take a deal.  How many injuries have we seen just since they put the pads on across the league?  He'll wait and hope that some team gets desperate and blinks on the price.  John Clayton said in April that this is what he was going to do.

2 hours ago, Mythos27 said:

I'd probably pay the 15 million for him but I've grown to dislike this guy and hope he's dumb enough to actually sit out the year. "If you don't pay me 15 million dollars, I'll sit out and make 0 dollars"! "That'll show you"! Fucking idiot...

Ya. I am all for unions and all strikes and helping out the worker but once you are making over, if 100k you need to stud and make what you make. Try and anger as much as you can sure but this is retarded.

Edit: Holy fuck I can't type or my auto correct is having a go at me today.

Edited by Callidus

1 hour ago, Mythos27 said:

I'd probably pay the 15 million for him but I've grown to dislike this guy and hope he's dumb enough to actually sit out the year. "If you don't pay me 15 million dollars, I'll sit out and make 0 dollars"! "That'll show you"! Fucking idiot...

It's an interesting tactic. Most vets HATE training camp.  He has two options in SEA and TEN where he can sign at the last minute and not miss a beat.  I can't actually fault him for avoiding training camp.

2 minutes ago, rns90 said:

It's an interesting tactic. Most vets HATE training camp.  He has two options in SEA and TEN where he can sign at the last minute and not miss a beat.  I can't actually fault him for avoiding training camp.

rns90 is hereby prohibited from ever signing with the Titans, doesn't have the work ethic! ;) 

(Typed that with a straight face while typing on a message board in the middle of the work day)

46 minutes ago, rns90 said:

I get it but I see it as a character flaw. Guy doesn't want to work. Tons of vets "hate training camp" but they drag their ass there and put in the work. 

1 hour ago, Number9 said:

The guy is negotiating.  When it's over, Clowney and the team shake hands.  

Wait till one of you guys goes through a divorce.  You won't even get the handshake.

He's avoiding work and making himself more likely to get injured wherever he signs. I haven't wanted him nearly as much as others here from the start so it's not sour grapes or anything; I just think he comes off as lazy and a lazy guy will always hurt you more than he helps you over the long haul. And for what it's worth this is more like a chick acting up when you're dating. If she's like that before the ring, how will she act once she has it? 

Can he still come in here and be awesome? Sure. This just isn't behavior I'm used to from great players.

8 minutes ago, Mythos27 said:

He's avoiding work and making himself more likely to get injured wherever he signs. I haven't wanted him nearly as much as others here from the start so it's not sour grapes or anything; I just think he comes off as lazy and a lazy guy will always hurt you more than he helps you over the long haul. And for what it's worth this is more like a chick acting up when you're dating. If she's like that before the ring, how will she act once she has it? 

Can he still come in here and be awesome? Sure. This just isn't behavior I'm used to from great players.

That’s because he’s not a great player. He has great individual talent with shitty intangibles and a concerning injury history.

19 minutes ago, Mythos27 said:

And for what it's worth this is more like a chick acting up when you're dating. If she's like that before the ring, how will she act once she has it? 

Now that' sage wisdom.  Players get hurt and miss camp.  I get what you are saying, but this goes on all the time.  He may be dumb, or he may have help from his agent.  I think we are overblowing it because we want him to play for the Titans.  His goal is to do what he thinks is best for him.

14 minutes ago, Starkiller said:

I am also holding out for $15m this season, for what it’s worth...

I think you better report immediately.  Sign for how ever many million they offer you.

• Jonboy locked this topic