tgo

The Never-ending Saga of Jadeveon Clowney

1 minute ago, japan said:

Doesn’t that depend on how the contract is written?

No. Unused cap space this year rolls over to next year. If they give Clowney $15M this year (vs not spending it at all) then basically they have $15M less free cap space next year.

Just now, Starkiller said:

No. Unused cap space this year rolls over to next year. If they give Clowney $15M this year (vs not spending it at all) then basically they have $15M less free cap space next year.

Given the cap news today Clowney will be lucky to get $10 million this season now.

20 minutes ago, Tex in a Can said:

lol, Clowney definitely played this all wrong.

Yes and no. 

If he is gambling on a big year and going back into free agency then it won’t really matter. Elite free agents are still going to be able to demand huge money. It’s the mid-tier guys who will lose out.

Just now, AussieTitanFan08 said:

Given the cap news today Clowney will be lucky to get $10 million this season now.

I don’t agree (see above)

I believe this guy and I think there’s a high likelihood that Clowney signs here. 

5 minutes ago, tgo said:

I believe this guy and I think there’s a high likelihood that Clowney signs here. 

I said last week he would sign by the end of the month.  According to this guy, I'll be off by 1 day. lol  Probably is a better chance he signs on a weekend instead of a Friday.  Just seems to happen that way a lot.

11 hours ago, tgo said:

Yeah I believe him too. I was skeptical at first because of the nature of twitter rumors, but this guy has the creds to be believable. Let’s hope Clowney flys in for a physical the day after the doctors come back on the 28th

14 hours ago, tgo said:

2 hours ago, heyitsmeallen said:

Yeah I believe him too. I was skeptical at first because of the nature of twitter rumors, but this guy has the creds to be believable. Let’s hope Clowney flys in for a physical the day after the doctors come back on the 28th

Jrobs willingness to talk about Clowney has always had me believing there was a very good chance we sign him. 

24 minutes ago, CaliTitan3518 said:

Jrobs willingness to talk about Clowney has always had me believing there was a very good chance we sign him. 

That and his relationship with Vrabel from Houston