tgo

The Never-ending Saga of Jadeveon Clowney

2 minutes ago, Titans279 said:

Has anything happened on this front, at all, since the draft?

Ot has gotten more and more boring.

11 minutes ago, Titans279 said:

Has anything happened on this front, at all, since the draft?

No.  Nothing is going to happen until he can go visit teams and get physicals conducted by the team doctors.

Meanwhile, Seattle is spending cap space on other pieces of the roster.

Seattle set their price. I don't think it's about cap space. Seattle can restructure Wilson and get another 13m. Seattle is known to set a price and stick to it. I think if the Titans want him he's theirs. It will cost them 15-16 mil a year in my opinion.

27 minutes ago, tab420 said:

It will cost them 15-16 mil a year in my opinion.

I disagree here.  If he had been offered that (real money not just APY) by any team at any point, he would have been signed by now.  I'm just guessing that most of the offers are close to whatever SEA offered him.

5 minutes ago, rns90 said:

I disagree here.  If he had been offered that (real money not just APY) by any team at any point, he would have been signed by now.  I'm just guessing that most of the offers are close to whatever SEA offered him.

You might be right. But, it was rumored that he turned down 17m a year from Miami. Maybe it wasn't true.

Edited by tab420

19 minutes ago, tab420 said:

You might be right. But, it was rumored that he turned down 17m a year from Miami. Maybe it wasn't true.

He has said he wants to contend. He may think Miami is a way off. 

5 hours ago, rns90 said:

Freeman has an overinflated sense of his value though.  I think I read where he won't sign unless some team offers him the "number he wants".  Which is I think five million.  He is supposedly willing to sit out the season.  No one is giving him that.  Hyde was smart and signed with SEA.

I actually think this could play into our favor. If the money dries up and he waivers on sitting out, he will probably end up on a surprise team and I could see us being that. Every year is valuable for a RB--he has said he is willing to sit, but if he ends up blinking there we could benefit from other situations drying up. Don't get me wrong, I think it's very unlikely we get him. I just wish we would. 

21 minutes ago, Bink said:

I actually think this could play into our favor. If the money dries up and he waivers on sitting out, he will probably end up on a surprise team and I could see us being that. Every year is valuable for a RB--he has said he is willing to sit, but if he ends up blinking there we could benefit from other situations drying up. Don't get me wrong, I think it's very unlikely we get him. I just wish we would. 

Him and Henry as a 1-2 punch...that's scary.

27 minutes ago, headhunter said:

Is this the longest running thread? Feels like it

Not even 2nd yet, but close. Suh thread was about 200 posts longer.

The top is a Mariota thread. We would need more than another 1000 posts to match that...

And that’s just the football threads. The non-spoiler Game of Thrones thread is the (mad) king.

Edited by Starkiller

11 minutes ago, Starkiller said:

The top is a Mariota thread. We would need more than another 1000 posts to match that...

And that’s just the football threads. The non-spoiler Game of Thrones thread is the (mad) king.

Was about to respond with the question. At this moment? But you beat me 2 it.

17 minutes ago, Starkiller said:

I was really talking about time. Theres a post everyday in this thread since January thats gotta be a record. 

Been a member of some forums where a single topic contained to get posts daily/weekly for 15 years. Thousands of pages. 5 months isn't that much at all.

Edited by Somedude