The Never-ending Saga of Jadeveon Clowney

tgo

3 minutes ago, japan said:

Not sarcasm.  I've said this all along.  He thought not having the tag would drive his price up.  A price that Seattle would meet since they gave up draft capital to get him.  He made a mistake and now Seattle may not have the money.  We are doing gymnastics to try to convince the guy to sign, IMO.

Not really.  The team facilities being closed has hurt him more, with his extensive injury, teams are leery of paying him big cash without having their own doctors examining him.  How can you commit major money to him without making sure he is 100% healthy?

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Take this for what it’s worth, when i broke the Lewan suspension hours and hours before any media members did - the same guy who slipped that to me just texted me and said that Clowney has already agr

Jurrell Casey died for this.

Posted Images

2 hours ago, BaddKarma said:

Best backup QB in Oilers/Titans history?

I gotta say Cody Carlson. Dude could sling it. The real question is when did Woody Harrelson wrap up his NFL career?

spacer.png

Any Clowney news, this thread is getting boring...

Maybe I was too young to notice - but was he really decent?  This guy QB'd a team that was 12-4 to 2-14.  Granted, many of the early losses were close (and bullshit - like vs the Cowboys with "I didn't hear the whistle" after destroying Bucky on a stopped play.  

McNair was a backup for a few years, wouldn't he count as best ever?  

18 minutes ago, CreepingDeath said:

Maybe I was too young to notice - but was he really decent?  This guy QB'd a team that was 12-4 to 2-14.  Granted, many of the early losses were close (and bullshit - like vs the Cowboys with "I didn't hear the whistle" after destroying Bucky on a stopped play.  

McNair was a backup for a few years, wouldn't he count as best ever?  

The Oilers gutted the team in 1994 - jettisoned a bunch of veterans including Moon.  Carlson played in only 5 games.  He got hurt in week 1, came back a few games later, and then got hurt again and again.....He never played another season.

I'd say Carlson was probably the best backup - he had his moments as he was the backup to Moon for 6 years and won some big games.

3 hours ago, rns90 said:

Seahawks don't have as much money to spend since they have a lot of "hidden costs".   They still haven't factored in the Irvin signing and they need to set aside money for injury payouts.  Outside of a Russell Wilson restructure, we have a lot more ways to create cap space than them, be it for a multi-year deal or a one year pact with Clowney.  Seahawks have also been mentioned as a possible team for Logan Ryan now.

It's not super expensive, but Seattle constantly churns the bottom of their roster, that's their modus operandi; competitive, hard practices and keep bringing in new people to push the people ahead of those above them if they feel they aren't being pushed enough.

4 hours ago, BudAdams said:

The Oilers gutted the team in 1994 - jettisoned a bunch of veterans including Moon.  Carlson played in only 5 games.  He got hurt in week 1, came back a few games later, and then got hurt again and again.....He never played another season.

I'd say Carlson was probably the best backup - he had his moments as he was the backup to Moon for 6 years and won some big games.

I don't think I've ever seen a team so poorly managed then the '94 Oilers. It was almost like they didn't prepare for the salary cap. Besides Moon they lost William Fuller & Sean Jones, followed by Lamar Lathon in '95. Who lets 3 elite defensive ends walk out the door?

Didn't Carlson struggle too in 1993 or did he get injured?  I remember Moon got benched then Carlson either struggled or got injured and Moon got the starting nod back.  Also, I had totally forgotten how bald Carlson was in the early 90s with the Oilers.  Jeez.

3 minutes ago, rns90 said:

Didn't Carlson struggle too in 1993 or did he get injured?  I remember Moon got benched then Carlson either struggled or got injured and Moon got the starting nod back.  Also, I had totally forgotten how bald Carlson was in the early 90s with the Oilers.  Jeez.

I was 5 idk

25 minutes ago, rns90 said:

Carlson pulled his hammy in his first start in the NE game.  Moon came off the bench abd the Oilers won starting an 11 game win streak.  Moon did not play all that great that year but the defense came on and destroyed teams.

8 minutes ago, BudAdams said:

Carlson pulled his hammy in his first start in the NE game.  Moon came off the bench abd the Oilers won starting an 11 game win streak.  Moon did not play all that great that year but the defense came on and destroyed teams.

The defense was awesome that year and just shutting down offenses.  And that's what made the loss vs KC disappointing.  I thought that the 93 team would go to the Super Bowl.

12 minutes ago, BudAdams said:

Losing Robertson was a big loss but those Oilers teams just had a knack for folding in clutch situations 

If that bills fan sees this he will have 2 jerk off with his tears

How do we get these 200 page threads about signing players?  The big FA who will take us to the next level.  Suh. Brady.  Clowney. If we don’t sign him, where does it leave us?  Wait. He violated social distancing and shook JROB hand. Photos?

• TitansGuru changed the title to The Never-ending Saga of Jadeveon Clowney
  • Jonboy locked this topic