The Never-ending Saga of Jadeveon Clowney

tgo

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Take this for what it’s worth, when i broke the Lewan suspension hours and hours before any media members did - the same guy who slipped that to me just texted me and said that Clowney has already agr

Jurrell Casey died for this.

Posted Images

8 minutes ago, AussieTitanFan08 said:

Clowney and his Agent are going to be even more difficult to deal with after that massive Joey Bosa extension, clearly Bosa is a more productive player than Clowney but that won't stop Clowney stubbornly sticking to his elevated asking price.

Doesn’t matter. No one was offering him that kind of deal. And teams aren’t going to dramatically up their offer to Clowney based on Bosa's new deal.

1 minute ago, Starkiller said:

Doesn’t matter. No one was offering him that kind of deal. And teams aren’t going to dramatically up their offer to Clowney based on Bosa's new deal.

Agree but it might lead to Clowney digging in further and holding out longer hoping to get his number.

Edited by AussieTitanFan08

16 minutes ago, AussieTitanFan08 said:

Agree but it might lead to Clowney digging in further and holding out longer hoping to get his number.

His agent "should" be smart enough to tell him that the longer he waits to sign will result in the offers getting smaller and smaller

11 minutes ago, cshumak2 said:

His agent "should" be smart enough to tell him that the longer he waits to sign will result in the offers getting smaller and smaller

That is the problem when big egos get in the way of commonsense decisions the best offer Clowney got was reportedly from the Dolphins back in March.

8 hours ago, Jonboy said:

LOL at the video!

You know I think I may revisit my prior stance towards some of the posters who are "over Clowney". Originally I thought it was just shortsighted frustration. But now reading this it's obvious that teams are tiring of his schtick as well.

He isn't Walter Jones. He isn't a good enough player to get the unwritten privelage of missing camp.

I still really want to sign him though.

2 hours ago, AussieTitanFan08 said:

Clowney and his Agent are going to be even more difficult to deal with after that massive Joey Bosa extension, clearly Bosa is a more productive player than Clowney but that won't stop Clowney stubbornly sticking to his elevated asking price.

I doubt this factors in at all, though it appears JC is a bit delusional about his current value. In a way I get it, it is baffling how little interest the league has in him. He's not Joey Bosa but he was never considered THAT far off from him. 

But the market dictates value & he was only traded for a 3rd rounder last year & isn't being offered big contracts now. The quicker he comes to terms with the fact that he isn't seen as a star, the better for him.

19 minutes ago, Face said:

The quicker he comes to terms with the fact that he isn't seen as a star, the better for him.

Totally agree with this but like I posted above when big egos are involved it often leads to poor decision making, there has been zero indication that Clowney is willing to drop his asking price and meet his current market.

10 hours ago, Face said:

You know I think I may revisit my prior stance towards some of the posters who are "over Clowney". Originally I thought it was just shortsighted frustration. But now reading this it's obvious that teams are tiring of his schtick as well.

He isn't Walter Jones. He isn't a good enough player to get the unwritten privelage of missing camp.

Yeah, the excitement wore off for me around post-draft. I mean, it would be nice if we did, but I’m not holding my breath. If we sign him - great. if we don’t - oh well. 

13 hours ago, Face said:

I forgot about Walter Jones.  Haven’t heard that name in years.

• Jonboy locked this topic