The Never-ending Saga of Jadeveon Clowney

tgo

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Take this for what it’s worth, when i broke the Lewan suspension hours and hours before any media members did - the same guy who slipped that to me just texted me and said that Clowney has already agr

Jurrell Casey died for this.

Posted Images

Clowney would be a super luxury for the Titans. If he were to play all year and reach his high end potential the Titans defense would likely be among the best units in the league. The downside is he misses games and plays injured, doesn't finish the season. The Titans defense could potentially be good enough without him but a lot of things in the front seven would have to go right. 

21 minutes ago, OILERMAN said:

Clowney would be a super luxury for the Titans. If he were to play all year and reach his high end potential the Titans defense would likely be among the best units in the league. The downside is he misses games and plays injured, doesn't finish the season. The Titans defense could potentially be good enough without him but a lot of things in the front seven would have to go right. 

The good news is that even if he missed some games due to injury they would still be “good enough” during his absence. But they have to sign him to have a chance at being elite.

1 hour ago, japan said:

I mean, all it could take is for a team to offer him more than we are.  And the fact that NO has a star edge rusher would only make Clowney’s job easier. 

With Landry and Beasley here, it would also be a good situation as far as making his job easy. Pass rushers love playing fresh.

9 minutes ago, Starkiller said:

The good news is that even if he missed some games due to injury they would still be “good enough” during his absence. But they have to sign him to have a chance at being elite.

Exactly.  There is no one other there that fits their scheme and offers a different skill set (most of the Titans' edge rushers are faster/lighter types) than Clowney and they have the cash to sign him.

4 minutes ago, Face said:

Exactly. But trust me, anyone who “doesn’t care” anymore, will turn around about .002 seconds after signing him, if we do.

That argument, well I would have cared if he signed in March, makes me laugh.

6 minutes ago, socaltitan said:

Simmons is going to be that guy. I'd be happy with signing Clowney, but I think he's a tad overrated. Still a pretty good player when on, but he's not the elite guy he thinks he is.

I think he could be elite considering how Vrabel wants to use him all over the line.

Now the only real impediment has been removed from Clowney signing somewhere (team physical) it is going to be interesting to see if Clowney continues to slow play making a decision so he can avoid participating in training camp or if he signs in the next few days, Rapoport on a recent radio appearance suggested Clowney could wait till training camp is winding down before signing somewhere.

If I was a GM/HC there would have to be some level of concern about his motivation for this season if he deliberately avoids signing just so he can miss training camp.

20 minutes ago, socaltitan said:

Simmons is going to be that guy. I'd be happy with signing Clowney, but I think he's a tad overrated. Still a pretty good player when on, but he's not the elite guy he thinks he is.

Clowney doesn’t have the sack numbers of a guy like LT or the Freak. But he still is a great player who generates a lot of pressure and disruption.

Also, adding one more disruptive guy on the front makes it that much harder for the offense. I want to see a passing down front 4 of Landry, Clowney, Simmons, and Beasley.

43 minutes ago, socaltitan said:

Simmons is going to be a stud but imagine how much better he would be if he had Clowney playing next to him. Clowney hasn’t put together some crazy all pro season to put him in that top tier but teams still game plan him like he is one of those guys. That’s almost just as valuable as a guy that gets you 15 sacks. 

1 hour ago, CaliTitan3518 said:

Simmons is going to be a stud but imagine how much better he would be if he had Clowney playing next to him. Clowney hasn’t put together some crazy all pro season to put him in that top tier but teams still game plan him like he is one of those guys. That’s almost just as valuable as a guy that gets you 15 sacks. 

Oh I agree. He'd benefit from Clowney. Same with Landry. I just don't see Clowney as the elite guy he thinks he is. He's still a very good player who would be an asset. I'd be reluctant to pay him long-term, but on a 1 yr deal its worth the shot.

• Jonboy locked this topic