The Never-ending Saga of Jadeveon Clowney

tgo

37 minutes ago, AussieTitanFan08 said:

JRob is going to have a tough decision on his hands regarding Clowney it now looks like the 2021 cap will be $175 million which is $23.2 million less than this year, the Titans are currently projected to have cap spending of $186.2 million in 2021, if JRob does sign Clowney that significantly eats into how much cap space he can roll over from 2020 and would lead to an even deeper roster purge next season.

If they are trying to win now, it’s not a tough decision

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Take this for what it’s worth, when i broke the Lewan suspension hours and hours before any media members did - the same guy who slipped that to me just texted me and said that Clowney has already agr

Jurrell Casey died for this.

Posted Images

14 minutes ago, AussieTitanFan08 said:

Going to be some real tough decisions that need to be made after this season Butler will be gone and guys like Saffold/Humphries/Vaccaro/Ben Jones all become possible cap casualties, also makes it tough to bring back a guy like DaQuan Jones.

I think out of all those guys, Saffold has the biggest impact but also would be the most "overpaid" for his position other than Humphries. Assuming Fulton develops well anyway. 

I’m all about smart, long-term planning when it comes to building the roster, but if JRob feels like we’ve got a shot this year for the SB (which I’d agree) - he has the responsibility to go for it as opportunities don’t come around too often (unless you’re the Pats lol). 

38 minutes ago, AussieTitanFan08 said:

Signing Clowney for this year probably means you lose a couple of extra starters next year it is a tough decision between right now and the near future.

That's the exact argument I've been making.  Clowney feels like Kevin Carter all over again.

43 minutes ago, AussieTitanFan08 said:

Signing Clowney for this year probably means you lose a couple of extra starters next year it is a tough decision between right now and the near future.

Maybe. Or you just renegotiate a couple of big contracts to free up the money now in exchange for less free space down the road.

2 hours ago, tgo said:

At minimum, Butler is a goner and Lewan's deal gets re-done. 

But how do you fit in Jayon or Jonnu? Would have to sign them to really bizarre back loaded deals. 

I can see Jayon not being signed. 

2 hours ago, tgo said:

I think out of all those guys, Saffold has the biggest impact but also would be the most "overpaid" for his position other than Humphries. Assuming Fulton develops well anyway. 

Isn’t Saffold old also? 

2 hours ago, AussieTitanFan08 said:

You think we sign Clowney for more than 1 year?

• Jonboy locked this topic