The Never-ending Saga of Jadeveon Clowney

tgo

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Take this for what it’s worth, when i broke the Lewan suspension hours and hours before any media members did - the same guy who slipped that to me just texted me and said that Clowney has already agr

Jurrell Casey died for this.

Posted Images

Gotta keep the mother of all threads active right?

Anyway, here’s a video from a year ago (I don’t think it has been posted) before the trade to Seattle that shows how versatile he was in Houston as well as how much he improved over time. And it prominently includes both Vrabel and Lewan, too.

1 hour ago, Soxcat said:

This is hilarious.  Talks about Clowney not having more than 2 moves and one sucked, no flexibility around the edge, it was amazing if he could get a sack.....  Guess we know why he only had 3 sacks last year.....  

I actually hope we get Clowney because he will help the team but I've not liked the guy since his last year at SC.  I watched a bunch of their games and the guy played the entire season at half speed scared of getting hurt.  He had only 3 sacks that year after having 13 the year before.  

The video made it clear how he is a way better player now than back in his SC days.

3 hours ago, Soxcat said:

He probably is but you look at a few plays where he looks dominant.... my question is why we don't see that more often?  

He is great against the run, versatile and can play inside 3 or as a standup inside blitzer but he is s till missing something as a truly elite pass rusher.  

I'm all for signing him to a one year prove it contract and seeing if he can break through and improve on his dominating 3 sacks.

I'm starting to think it's a mental thing, like he might be a window licker. He's just out there doing random shit and sometimes it works. 

8 minutes ago, SleepingTitan said:

I'm starting to think it's a mental thing, like he might be a window licker. He's just out there doing random shit and sometimes it works. 

He is what he is. He is a great chess piece. But he is a queen who can only move 3 spots not the whole board. He can do damn near anything you ask. He just is not as good at any of it as other players do 1 thing. He is the logan ryan of the front 7. 

8 minutes ago, Soxcat said:

@SleepingTitanYou might have a point.  It worded three times last year.  

Yeah I don't give a shit what anybody says about this "freak athlete." He's been in the league long enough to get more than 9.5 sacks. Different systems and coaches: solid 3-4th round production. Wants $20mil. I'll pass. 

• TitansGuru changed the title to The Never-ending Saga of Jadeveon Clowney
  • Jonboy locked this topic