The Never-ending Saga of Jadeveon Clowney

tgo

7 minutes ago, titanskick8851 said:

While this wouldn’t be necessarily ideal, signing him at that point would allow for his deal not to count against us in the Comp pick formula. 

If this is true I would just pass, and move on to getting a guy like Golden and signing a DL like Jernigan or Shelby Harris. 

A rotation of Landry, Beasley, Golden, Walker, Roberson and Gilbert is a much better group than what we had last year. 

we could then focus on getting a vet CB in FA and drafting a CB in round 1 like Gladney. 

I am really really really high on Gladney and I seriously want him to be in two tone blue. I really think he is the second best corner in the draft behind a Okudah and I think he ahead of Diggs and Henderson. His game fits perfect for the defense we run. 

Then again... I would be just as happy if we got Arnette in round 2 and say we went with someone like Blacklock, or Swift in round 1

I think a dark horse pick at 29 is a WR, and I can see this team covering a WR like Justin Jefferson who also would fit perfectly and would take over Davis spot after this year. He has great measurables and production at the collegiate level and is pro ready. He surprised a lot of people by running a 4.48 fourty

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Take this for what it’s worth, when i broke the Lewan suspension hours and hours before any media members did - the same guy who slipped that to me just texted me and said that Clowney has already agr

Jurrell Casey died for this.

Posted Images

On 3/25/2020 at 4:29 PM, kyle021 said:

Zack Moss or JK Dobbins would be a perfect fit in rounds 2-3

Both are very good in the passing game and both are outstanding runners between and outside the tackles. Moss has more wiggle and speed than Dobbins whereas Dobbins is more physical and also has very good agility and speed and can make plenty of house calls. 

Zack Moss reminds me a lot of Jamal Charles or Alvin Kamara whereas Dobbins reminds me of Kareem Hunt or Mark Ingram

No reason to jump that high for a 3rd down back. Plenty of depth in this draft with guys like Anthony Macfarland (visit) and Patrick Taylor Jr for example. We can find some of these quality pass catchers in the 4th-6th round. 

If, IF, that is true, you move on and sign IMO Harris/Wolfe and Golden and move on with your life. You can’t run the risk of missing out on all these folks for one guy, no matter how good. 

Gut reaction: Clowney wants someone to up their offer and will sign before training camp somewhere. Classic negotiating tactic

7 minutes ago, TWR said:

You just named 12 possible picks for our first round. After you have went through all 32 and we’ve made our first selection you’ll come back to one of those posts lol

Well there’s a ton possibilities at our pick. We could go in several different directions. 

I just named several people at each position that could be available at our pick and that fit our scheme. 

If I had to choose 5 players I would want at 29 it would be

1) Jeff Gladney - CB

2) Austin Jackson - OT

3) Josh Jones - OT

4) Justin Jefferson - WR

5) Ross Blacklock - DT

I think RT could be had in round 2 by going with a guy like Ezra Cleveland who I think is not very far at all behind Jones/Jackson at RT, or someone like Charles or Niang at our pick in 2 that we wouldn’t have to trade up for, and all of those guys would be immediate day 1 starters. 

I am more leaning toward a RT in round 2 and taking a skill player in round 1 with my focus solely on Jeff Gladney. That guy is just a force at CB and would be the perfect guy to matchup with Tyreek Hill and TY Hilton

1 minute ago, AvgJoe said:

If, IF, that is true, you move on and sign IMO Harris/Wolfe and Golden and move on with your life. You can’t run the risk of missing out on all these folks for one guy, no matter how good. 

Gut reaction: Clowney wants someone to up their offer and will sign before training camp somewhere. Classic negotiating tactic

I agree. I’m actually to that point right now. I wouldn’t be upset at all if we took ourselves out of the running for Clowney and signed Golden and added Harris, Wolfe, Jernigan

Not a bad list @kyle021

Mine at this stage would be: 

1. CB Jeff Gladney

2. OT Josh Jones

3. OLB AJ Epenesa

4. DL Ross Blacklock

5. CB Jaylon Johnson

Btw - I think Ezra Cleveland is being overrated by a lot of people. 

33 minutes ago, SleepingTitan said:

I did a draft sim that allowed me to get needs AND find some CB depth special teams. 

image.png.6c4bb67dd81b98a7b591bd7b888ef6f7.png

Getting Blacklock and Johnson would be wins, lol, on paper at least. 

Edited by GLinks

49 minutes ago, AvgJoe said:

With the season on the line it would be a really stupid move if he means it. I imagine if rumblings start happening that the season is getting canceled he’ll take whatever he can get. 

11 minutes ago, IsntLifeFunny said:

With the season on the line it would be a really stupid move if he means it. I imagine if rumblings start happening that the season is getting canceled he’ll take whatever he can get. 

Really it is.  His leverage will decrease after the draft.  Teams will have drafted their guys and Ngakoue will be traded and or other interested teams will simply sign the remaining edge guys (like Griffin or Golden).  I like Clowney but he isn't great enough as he thinks he is.  There are no OTA's this year which probably decreases the chance of injuries too.  So the odds of some team getting an injury in OTA and scrambling to sign him are lower.

1 hour ago, kyle021 said:

Well there’s a ton possibilities at our pick. We could go in several different directions. 

I just named several people at each position that could be available at our pick and that fit our scheme. 

If I had to choose 5 players I would want at 29 it would be

1) Jeff Gladney - CB

2) Austin Jackson - OT

3) Josh Jones - OT

4) Justin Jefferson - WR

5) Ross Blacklock - DT

I think RT could be had in round 2 by going with a guy like Ezra Cleveland who I think is not very far at all behind Jones/Jackson at RT, or someone like Charles or Niang at our pick in 2 that we wouldn’t have to trade up for, and all of those guys would be immediate day 1 starters. 

I am more leaning toward a RT in round 2 and taking a skill player in round 1 with my focus solely on Jeff Gladney. That guy is just a force at CB and would be the perfect guy to matchup with Tyreek Hill and TY Hilton

Kyle, good job! I like the mock but, I already told JRob I want the kid from Memphis!!!

26 minutes ago, thor said:

Kyle, good job! I like the mock but, I already told JRob I want the kid from Memphis!!!

I wouldn’t be mad at all if we went Antonio Gibson in round 3, BUT

I would be fucking pissed if we took him over JK Dobbins in round 2 or 3

I actually like Dobbins more than Swift and Taylor... I just think Dobbins is a cant miss RB prospect. 

Call me whatever you want, but I think he is every bit as good as Elliott and likely the second best RB to come out of Ohio State in the last decade outside of Elliott

Edited by kyle021

• TitansGuru changed the title to The Never-ending Saga of Jadeveon Clowney
  • Jonboy locked this topic