The Never-ending Saga of Jadeveon Clowney

tgo

4 minutes ago, TitansAB said:

Follows all Titans, goes back to Seahawks....

This has happened many times in the NFL and different sports too.  Is it trolling?  Bluffing in a negotiation?  Who knows.

I do think it's either the Titans or the Seahawks that signs him.

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Take this for what it’s worth, when i broke the Lewan suspension hours and hours before any media members did - the same guy who slipped that to me just texted me and said that Clowney has already agr

Jurrell Casey died for this.

Posted Images

6 minutes ago, AussieTitanFan08 said:

Wouldn't get too excited about the Brian Bell connection as he was a former Texans strength and conditioning coach and previously worked with Clowney at the Texans.

So, I'll play devil's advocate:

Odd that he waits over a year to follow the dude and it coincides with the Titans being linked to offering him a deal.

I actually feel the same as you...I'm just bored and really ready for football to start

Edited by Titan8425

21 hours ago, Starkiller said:

Meaning they already have their 2 top OLBs. Adding a 3rd in Clowney is expensive.

Unless Vrabel has a plan to use all 3 of them more than normal that’s a waste of money.

JR is trying to load up on pass rushers to beat Mahomes. That's how I'm seeing it. Beasley would play Wake's role. It's a lot for a bench guy, but it is 1 yr. Beasley should not be starting.

Edited by socaltitan

4 minutes ago, scine09 said:

Adding pass rushers is never a waste of money.  You can never have enough.  I’d be fine if they gave big money to 5 edge rushers to be honest.  One or two will wear down or get hurt.  And then come January if you don’t have the depth you’ll have a very difficult time stopping elite QBs like Mahomes.

If you can’t get a pass rush you have no chance against him.  I’m pretty sure Robinson knows that.

Yep. I wouldn't be surprised if he doubles down too. Add Beasley and Clowney as OLB. Then draft DL at 29. An interior pass rusher to pair with Simmons. Nickel CB in round 2. Then RB and developmental OL can be addressed.

If we're going to go deeper, we HAVE to find a way to get past Mahomes. It won't be the last time we run into him.

Edited by socaltitan

12 minutes ago, scine09 said:

Adding pass rushers is never a waste of money.  You can never have enough.  I’d be fine if they gave big money to 5 edge rushers to be honest.  One or two will wear down or get hurt.  And then come January if you don’t have the depth you’ll have a very difficult time stopping elite QBs like Mahomes.

If you can’t get a pass rush you have no chance against him.  I’m pretty sure Robinson knows that.

Yeah, one thing that's apparent to me is that Robinson gets "it" on how to build a football team.  I mean, yeah all of the moves don't work out.  By there is a sound philosophy in how to build a team.  I mean he's just not randomly signing guys and dumping them on the roster.

• TitansGuru changed the title to The Never-ending Saga of Jadeveon Clowney
  • Jonboy locked this topic