The Never-ending Saga of Jadeveon Clowney

tgo

JRob better find his K this offseason.  It is unlikely the Titans will have a stretch and be as efficient in the Red Zone scoring TDs like they did at the end of the year.  K misses early in the season cost us games but at least they did speed along the QB change.

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Take this for what it’s worth, when i broke the Lewan suspension hours and hours before any media members did - the same guy who slipped that to me just texted me and said that Clowney has already agr

Jurrell Casey died for this.

Posted Images

16 hours ago, AussieTitanFan08 said:

DeMarco Murray was a very good acquisition by JRob and was an absolute steal for moving back 13 spots in the 4th round of the 2016 Draft.

I was just pondering if JRob can find another low cost trade like the Murray/Tannehill trades that go on and make significant contributions.

Hmmm...what about Cordy Glenn from the Bengals?  They will get rid of him and he isn't expensive (for OT anyway) and they won't be forced to start a rookie and they could still draft an OT within the first 3 rounds.

Doing some prospecting to get some perspective.  I am watching Colts@Titans. Second game 2019 season.

Titans first drive.  1-10  MM to DW over middle, incomplete.  Walker has beaten his man with room to run well pass 10 yards. Pass behind target/tough catch if made, no yac possible.  2-10 DH tackled for -2.  3-12  MM nice pass to DW, two yards behind 1st dn marker.  Punt

Colts score 0-7

Titans 2nd drive  1-10 DH inside run gain 3yds  2-7 MM fake to DH pass to DH who has to jump up tp catch it-incomplete  3-7  MM hits AJB with a 2yd pass, AJB unable to get 1st down.  Punt. 

SIGN Ryan Tannehill

Edited by Number9

On 1/26/2020 at 6:26 AM, JoelinBellevue said:

What happened to Roberson? He flashed for a few games then disappeared.

I wouldn't dump anyone in the secondary until we get new coaches. Maybe Byard even starts earning his money. We get Butler back too. The only obvious problem is Ryan. Sims isn't even a good backup now. Brock flashed but disappointed in the Chiefs game. I would keep Johnson and hope Walker develops. 

Offense is worrisome. After watching Henry decimate two teams, Smith just assumed we could do that to the Chiefs. He had no answer for being shut down. If not for Humphries it would have been worse. I would dump Sharpe and Davis. Not enough production for what we are paying. Jonnu isn't a great blocker. We are only getting a few plays per game from him. Need to get him more touches. Is he fast enough to replace Sharp? Compliment to AJ? Draft a big guy like Kittle/Kelce. Keep Henry but find a versatile back that can run and be a legit receiver. Kelly is ok but replaceable. Terrible in pass protection. Blasingame was good but no help at the Chiefs. I still don't believe in Smith as OC. Lot of trick stuff but not a smooth running offense. When Henry can't produce he's lost. Other teams will now see the results of stopping him and copy. Keep Pruitt and Firsker. Need a viable backup for the front 3 and the tackles. Can Pamphile do it all?

I hate how underused Smith is... I wish we would split him out wide and put him in the slot on NB’s and target the hell out of him. He is a mismatch nightmare. 

On 1/26/2020 at 6:26 AM, JoelinBellevue said:

What happened to Roberson? He flashed for a few games then disappeared.

What do you mean 'what happened to him?'  He's an UDFA who flashed in a game.  He'll probably turn out to be a stiff like Finch.

On 1/23/2020 at 5:18 PM, SleepingTitan said:

Best? LMAO how many 10 sack seasons does he have under his belt? That mofo avgs 5.33 sacks per year. "best"

Do you not read before you post?  I said "best edge run-defenders", you moron.  In response to a stupid post that we sign him and use him only on  3rd downs.

Edited by sunworshipper

I'd be curious what the Saints are going to do with Taysom Hill.  He's a RFA, so he'll likely cost a draft pick if they were to tender him.  Would be an interesting back-up quarterback just for the fact all the ways he can be utilized instead of holding a clipboard.  Not sure if he's shown enough to be relied on to actual win games if he had to start at quarterback.  You'll probably have to keep a 3rd quarterback stash if you were to bring him in.

6 minutes ago, Guts said:

I'd be curious what the Saints are going to do with Taysom Hill.  He's a RFA, so he'll likely cost a draft pick if they were to tender him.  Would be an interesting back-up quarterback just for the fact all the ways he can be utilized instead of holding a clipboard.  Not sure if he's shown enough to be relied on to actual win games if he had to start at quarterback.  You'll probably have to keep a 3rd quarterback stash if you were to bring him in.

He's basically a Tight End. He plays very little QB

3 minutes ago, IrishTitansFan said:

Ya but imagine the 2 times a year we line up in split back wildcat with henry, tanny and hill all lined up in shotgun behind center.............

2 minutes ago, IrishTitansFan said:

Does a little bit of everything, he's seen plenty of reps at Quarterback in the preseason.  It's just an interesting concept to have a back-up Quarterback that can contribute to the game outside of a clipboard.  

Just now, JoelinBellevue said:

He's essentially a twin to Tanne, since he was a converted WR. Probably doesn't have the arm Tanne does. Ironically (or coincidentally to keep others happy) we took a former QB and converted him to WR. 

A huge common misconception about Tannehill. He was a high school QB who competed for the starting QB spot every year in college. He didn't win the starting QB job for his first 3 years before taking over midway through his Junior year. He played WR in the meantime to use his athleticism. He was a QB playing WR, not a converted WR.

1 minute ago, Guts said:

Does a little bit of everything, he's seen plenty of reps at Quarterback in the preseason.  It's just an interesting concept to have a back-up Quarterback that can contribute to the game outside of a clipboard.  

He isn't a QB at the NFL level. I don't think you could start him. Any team that signs him will have a true starter and a backup

• TitansGuru changed the title to The Never-ending Saga of Jadeveon Clowney
  • Jonboy locked this topic