The Never-ending Saga of Jadeveon Clowney

tgo

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Take this for what it’s worth, when i broke the Lewan suspension hours and hours before any media members did - the same guy who slipped that to me just texted me and said that Clowney has already agr

Jurrell Casey died for this.

Posted Images

3 minutes ago, Soxcat said:

Could bring back Ryan once his asking price comes down and he isn't getting the deals he expected.

Not much left out there that would be more than depth type players.  

I doubt they want to bring him back, he was a huge coverage liability despite his close range production near the LOS and his leadership. He also lead the team in missed tackles. 

Having a nickel who can blitz and racks up tackles is great, but the number one job of a corner is to cover. 

24 minutes ago, tgo said:

I doubt they want to bring him back, he was a huge coverage liability despite his close range production near the LOS and his leadership. He also lead the team in missed tackles. 

Having a nickel who can blitz and racks up tackles is great, but the number one job of a corner is to cover. 

If the price is right we’ll bring him back. He’s still a weapon out there. We just need to draft our speedy nickel. Ryan would play our nickel against base sets and would see some action at third safety in 3 safety type sets. 

Edited by IsntLifeFunny

3 minutes ago, IsntLifeFunny said:

If the price is right we’ll bring him back. He’s still a weapon out there. We just need to draft our speedy nickel. Ryan would play our nickel against base sets and would play in as the third safety in 3 safety type sets. 

What you're describing here sounds more like the role Hooker would play at least in terms of the third safety. I'm not ruling out Logan Ryan re-signing on the cheap, but I've just seen nothing to indicate that they want him back. 

So it's all just conjecture at this point. I know I'd be happy about them bringing him back for the short term due to his strengths and the fact that we're going to lose most of the offseason to get a rookie ready, so I definitely wouldn't object. 

Edited by tgo

Just now, tgo said:

What you're describing here sounds more like the role Hooker would play at least in terms of the third safety. I'm not ruling out Logan Ryan re-signing on the cheap, but I've just seen nothing to indicate that they want him back. 

So it's all just conjecture at this point. I know I'd be happy about them bringing him back for the short term due to his strengths and the fact that we're going to lose most of the offseason to get a rookie ready. 

Hooker is going to get snaps as the 3rd safety and likely even some at dime. He isn’t the field general that Ryan is though. Ryan is a top end DB at basically any position inside and out as long as he isn’t asked to cover speedsters man 2 man. That has value. If his asking price comes down to the 5 mil a year range I would hope we could find a place for him. And he would also be excellent depth at any position, including SS or 3rd safety. He could plug in at any position besides FS. That holds quite a bit of value in my book. 

42 minutes ago, tgo said:

I didn't realize that Ryan became the worst nickle corner in the league last year.  At least that seems to be the narrative these days on here.

2 minutes ago, japan said:

I didn't realize that Ryan became the worst nickle corner in the league last year.  At least that seems to be the narrative these days on here.

Not at all, he just is a little over-rated. He's a top nickel in plenty of areas, but his weakness is one that may keep us from being able to win a championship competing with the top teams like the Chiefs with speed receivers and great QBs. 

Like I said, I'd be happy to have him back due to what he brings to the table, but we've seen no indication that the Titans want to re-sign him. 

Edited by tgo

6 minutes ago, tgo said:

Not at all, he just is a little over-rated. He's a top nickel in plenty of areas, but his weakness is one that may keep us from being able to win a championship competing with the top teams like the Chiefs with speed receivers and great QBs. 

Like I said, I'd be happy to have him back due to what he brings to the table, but we've seen no indication that the Titans want to re-sign him. 

I mean, his weakness has always been his weakness since we signed him.  Not like he's really slowed down.  Who could forget his first preseason game with us where he was burned by Robbie Anderson for a deep TD.  I could see them bringing him back if the price is right.  And I'm not convinced that he was the big reason we lost to the Chiefs.  If we improve the pass rush, guys like him look a lot better.

Edited by japan

We should sign some veteran player at some of the positions of need. We can’t fill all the roles with rookies. 

We need a starter (and depth) on DL and a nickel. There are just holes at those spots right now. 

OT hopefully can be upgraded with a rookie who can take over and we need a good running back. Lewis played like nearly 45% of snaps. 

I wonder if we’ll just bring Correa back. 

The best bet for backup QB is clearly a vet FA. If Tannehill goes down we are screwed so just get someone who we can run similar offense with at least (so someone with some mobility). 

It’s been pretty obvious to me that our interest is real. The connections are there. We haven’t spent any money since essentially cutting Casey with a tiny rebate. Of course we are interested. I think we have a pretty good shot at signing him if he takes anything other than a one year deal. 

Robinson isn’t done with the roster and we clearly have someone (Clowney) that we have money saved for potentially. Sign Clowney and Lamar Miller, and draft one of Gladney/Winfield/Diggs at 29.

1 hour ago, tgo said:

Wyatt just said on the radio that the Titans have interest in Clowney, but the question is the pricetag. 

This is from Wyatt's mailbag today.

Jim: Hello Rahim. Good to hear from you. And I hope you can make it to Nashville one day. Clowney is the big-ticket item left out there, and I know a lot of Titans fans are keeping their fingers crossed. It makes sense for a number of reasons. The Titans need a pass rusher, and Clowney could make a difference. Mike Vrabel knows him from their days together in Houston. The move would give Clowney a chance to come back to the South and play closer to home. But it also has to make sense from a financial standpoint, and I'm not sure what Clowney and his agent might be thinking about now. He's shown that he's willing to wait. I'll say this: I'm not ruling it out, but I also won't be surprised if he ends up back in Seattle. Stay tuned.

• TitansGuru changed the title to The Never-ending Saga of Jadeveon Clowney
  • Jonboy locked this topic