The Never-ending Saga of Jadeveon Clowney

tgo

9 minutes ago, OILERMAN said:

The connection to Vrabel and the need for an edge rusher make it possible imo

And the Suh stuff was real, he just chose the Rams 

I think it's funny how everyone discounts the Suh stuff just because he signed with us. It was real, he just chose the Rams. Won't the last time a FA chooses another team over us.

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Take this for what it’s worth, when i broke the Lewan suspension hours and hours before any media members did - the same guy who slipped that to me just texted me and said that Clowney has already agr

Jurrell Casey died for this.

Posted Images

The Titans had 4 DL up for game day last year.  Two of those, Casey and likely Johnson, are gone.  So unless the Titans are happy with guys like Mack, Ivie, and  Dickerson, then DL is a huge need. I personally think help will come via a day 1 or 2 draft pick.

Unless JRob is ready to start converting base salaries to bonuses to generate cap space, Clowney will eat up all or virtually all of the Titans remaining 17M in cap space.  In addition, there are going to be some bargain players on the market after the draft and after camp cuts.  JRob will want the flexibility to sign some of those guys.

Edited by ctm

37 minutes ago, ctm said:

The Titans had 4 DL up for game day last year.  Two of those, Casey and likely Johnson, are gone.  So unless the Titans are happy with guys like Mack, Ivie, and  Dickerson, then DL is a huge need. I personally think help will come via a day 1 or 2 draft pick.

Unless JRob is ready to start converting base salaries to bonuses to generate cap space, Clowney will eat up all or virtually all of the Titans remaining 17M in cap space.  In addition, there are going to be some bargain players on the market after the draft and after camp cuts.  JRob will want the flexibility to sign some of those guys.

I've been assuming its RT or maybe corner in the first.... but wonder if they'd look at NTs.

2 minutes ago, reo said:

I've been assuming its RT or maybe corner in the first.... but wonder if they'd look at NTs.

I think it's probably CB.  They usually like to draft positions where they don't add anyone in FA.  Could be a year where it's truly BPA at either CB, RT,RB or Interior D line.

Just now, rns90 said:

I think it's probably CB.  They usually like to draft positions where they don't add anyone in FA.  Could be a year where it's truly BPA at either CB, RT,RB or Interior D line.

I think the most obvious position at this point is RT but corner is a close 2nd.

I'd like a good nose though. That'd be pretty interesting. 

6 minutes ago, reo said:

Wouldn't be looking at pure run stopping NT in the first round, to take an IDL that early they would need to offer some pass rushing ability.

With this upcoming season likely to be Butler's last with the Titans taking the best CB available at #29 makes a lot of sense.

Edited by AussieTitanFan08

11 minutes ago, AussieTitanFan08 said:

Wouldn't be looking at pure run stopping NT in the first round, to take an IDL that early they would need to offer some pass rushing ability.

With this upcoming season likely to be Butler's last with the Titans taking the best CB available at #29 makes a lot of sense.

With all our other needs, I don’t see how a DL can be drafted early. 

We have too many holes right now and it is problematic. 

So far the team is much worse overall than last year exactly how it stands now, but hopefully we make some moves in FA to at least partially mitigate that. 

4 minutes ago, tgo said:

So far the team is much worse overall than last year exactly how it stands now, but hopefully we make some moves in FA to at least partially mitigate that. 

Too many holes, and not enough draft picks. More free agent signings on the way this week

8 minutes ago, tgo said:

DL is one of those needs right now...

6 minutes ago, tgo said:

They traded Logan Ryan for Malcolm Butler.  They signed Vic Beasley and got rid of Casey because they felt he wasn’t good enough anymore to justify the cost.  Yes they lost Conklin but the most important thing is they have Tannehill going into the offseason program (if there is one) and training camp starting. Not someone who is coming off the bench playing 10 games with an offense geared toward someone else.

In addition, you’ll have young guys like Hooker and Davis that much better.

Not sure how they’re worse than last year.

15 minutes ago, tgo said:

Yeah so far overall we're a worse, more expensive roster lol

1 minute ago, Titans279 said:

Yeah so far overall we're a worse, more expensive roster lol

I’m hoping the counter move to losing out on Clowney is signing Wolfe or Harris for DL pass rush and then re-signing Correa or signing Golden at OLB. 

29 minutes ago, rns90 said:

CB makes a lot of sense for a couple of reasons. The nickel CB is essentially a starter who plays about 70% of the snaps and going by the salary cap, Butler is a likely cut in 2021.  They could really use 2 CBs this year.

Don't think it will be an OT.  Kelly will get a shot at starting and a rookie would be unlikely to get enough snaps to justify the 1st rounder unless he's clearly BPA.

To me the 1st 3 picks are CB, RB and DL. Order to be determined.

2 minutes ago, ctm said:

CB makes a lot of sense for a couple of reasons. The nickel CB is essentially a starter who plays about 70% of the snaps and going by the salary cap, Butler is a likely cut in 2021.  They could really use 2 CBs this year.

Don't think it will be an OT.  Kelly will get a shot at starting and a rookie would be unlikely to get enough snaps to justify the 1st rounder unless he's clearly BPA.

To me the 1st 3 picks are CB, RB and DL. Order to be determined.

No edge?

• TitansGuru changed the title to The Never-ending Saga of Jadeveon Clowney
  • Jonboy locked this topic