Titans Trade Casey

tgo

• Replies 433
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Patriot way. Get rid of players a year early rather than a year late. I would have expected a better pick though, maybe a 3rd or 4th. a 7th is kind of insulting.

Wow I’m actually sad to see him go. One of my favorite players. Always gave full effort even when we were the worst team in the league.    I’ll never forget him chasing down a WR (TE?) from beh

Lot of cap ignorance in this thread....

Posted Images

3 minutes ago, BudAdams said:

They had 28.6 M in cap space per OTC prior to Kelly/Beasley and the Casey trade.  Kelly/Beasley probably take up $ 14 M of that and Casey frees up $ 10.2 M so they should have somewhere around 24-25 M in cap space

Yeah, so maybe can add two veteran players, including a Clowney or Chris Jones type if that's the direction they want to go. 

Or you could bring back Correa and Logan Ryan and sign a veteran DL. 

Edited by tgo

13 minutes ago, Callidus said:

If we have roughly 20mil. And we drop 10 for rookies and possible needs. We have 10. But even with what you are saying if you prorate the bonus and add that to his base anyone who gets a big bonus and costs a good amount wont work.

The original 29M number includes the rookie pool, so that's already factored in. 

so you take the 29M, subtract 9.5-11 for Beasley (I doubt all 2.5M in incentives are LTBE incentives), and subtract about 5-6M for Kelly, then subtract Casey's base salary and roster bonus and you have somewhere around 23-25M in space. 

So you could add Clowney on a huge deal with a lower first year cap number like 13-15M if you really wanted to, and then sign a veteran DL or nickel corner for around 5M in year one cap, and still have about 5 or so million left over for emergencies. 

Edited by tgo

3 minutes ago, OILERMAN said:

With the Ravens getting Brockers and Campbell I wonder if the Ravens would deal Brandon Williams who the Titans loved a few years back???

Not sure, he's still slated to be their nose tackle but they may want to dump the salary. 

I’ll see what they do with the money saved before getting bashing them over this.  I understand it. And Casey has been playing for a long time.  He started when he was 20.  One of the rare Webster picks that were great.  The NFL is cold and this is why you root for the front and not the back.  I wish they’d gotten more back.  But it is what it is.  They have to spend some of the cap space.  Otherwise it will not go over well in the locker room.

It would be kind of funny if this is the year that they finally sign Suh.

6 minutes ago, OILERMAN said:

With the Ravens getting Brockers and Campbell I wonder if the Ravens would deal Brandon Williams who the Titans loved a few years back???

I don't see it as the money is roughly the same as what Casey was making and he's the same age as Casey. 

6 minutes ago, OILERMAN said:

He has a high cap

number as well and it feels kinda strange to trade for another run stuffing NT/space eater.