Sign in to follow this  
AussieTitanFan08

Keeping an eye on the potential 2021 comp picks

Noticed that there a multiple discussions going on in multiple threads about how the early FA losses (Conklin/Mariota) and gains (Beasley) affect possible comp picks, Over the Cap is the most reliable source in predicting future comp pick and have an excellent track record, so I thought it would be a good idea to post links to their comp picks charts.

First chart straight up assigns team/round comp picks

https://overthecap.com/draft/

Second chart is the cancellation chart which shows which signings/losses cancel each other out.

https://overthecap.com/compensatory-draft-picks-cancellation-chart/

As things stand right now we would get a 2021 3rd round pick for Conklin and the Mariota and Beasley moves would cancel each other out.

Comp picks are nice but it shouldn't drive the actual moves.  In all likelihood they get a couple of them if things go to plan.

Just now, Jonboy said:

Did the Mariota contract details get released?

Not that I've seen.  That's usually ominous because if it's a great deal, the agent wants it out there pronto.....

3 minutes ago, Jonboy said:

In one of the stories they did say there was more than one team interested and the Raiders wanted to lock him down right away. 

12 minutes ago, Jonboy said:

I'm guessing he'll be getting paid roughly $7-8M per, whatever the length of the deal. Maybe even a little more. Seems commensurate with what the top backups were making last year and how quickly the Raiders wanted to get him signed.

Edited by NashvilleNinja

4 minutes ago, NashvilleNinja said:

I'm guessing he'll be getting paid roughly $7-8M per, whatever the length of the deal. Maybe even a little more. Seems commensurate with what the top backups were making last year and how quickly the Raiders wanted to get him signed.

12-15 million was my guess on a yearly basis. 

I really think he gets a contract similar to Brissett which I think was something like 2/30

4 minutes ago, kyle021 said:

I really think he gets a contract similar to Brissett which I think was something like 2/30

I can see $9-10M, but $12-15? Mayock/Gruden must really be close to all-in if they're willing to pay that much. It probably will be a camp competition.

Edited by NashvilleNinja

6 minutes ago, kyle021 said:

Not unless they are stupid enough to plan on him being the starter.

Let us hope...