Keeping an eye on the potential 2021 comp picks

Noticed that there a multiple discussions going on in multiple threads about how the early FA losses (Conklin/Mariota) and gains (Beasley) affect possible comp picks, Over the Cap is the most reliable source in predicting future comp pick and have an excellent track record, so I thought it would be a good idea to post links to their comp picks charts.

First chart straight up assigns team/round comp picks

https://overthecap.com/draft/

Second chart is the cancellation chart which shows which signings/losses cancel each other out.

https://overthecap.com/compensatory-draft-picks-cancellation-chart/

As things stand right now we would get a 2021 3rd round pick for Conklin and the Mariota and Beasley moves would cancel each other out.

12 minutes ago, Jonboy said:

Did the Mariota contract details get released?

I'm guessing he'll be getting paid roughly $7-8M per, whatever the length of the deal. Maybe even a little more. Seems commensurate with what the top backups were making last year and how quickly the Raiders wanted to get him signed.

4 minutes ago, NashvilleNinja said:

I'm guessing he'll be getting paid roughly $7-8M per, whatever the length of the deal. Maybe even a little more. Seems commensurate with what the top backups were making last year and how quickly the Raiders wanted to get him signed.

12-15 million was my guess on a yearly basis. 

I really think he gets a contract similar to Brissett which I think was something like 2/30

4 minutes ago, kyle021 said:

I really think he gets a contract similar to Brissett which I think was something like 2/30

I can see $9-10M, but $12-15? Mayock/Gruden must really be close to all-in if they're willing to pay that much. It probably will be a camp competition.

6 minutes ago, kyle021 said:

Not unless they are stupid enough to plan on him being the starter.

Let us hope...

Archived