3 minutes ago, IsntLifeFunny said:

He’s a one trick pony who has actually beefed up his run stopping prowess. I think he’s an excellent signing. 

Hopefully the one trick turns out to be a hell of a trick. 

I have a feeling that he's going to post our highest single season sack numbers since Jason Babin. 

7 minutes ago, tgo said:

I have a feeling that he's going to post our highest single season sack numbers since Jason Babin. 

Hopefully he posts our highest single season sack numbers since Harold Landry in 2020... and hopefully Landry posts the team's highest sack total since the Freak.

It's crazy to think it's been 20 years and Kearse's rookie year still hasn't been surpassed by anyone since. And he narrowly missed tying or setting the franchise record for sacks then.

Landry needs to come into his own and wreak havoc on the AFCS this year. With Beasley and maybe Clowney he'll do it.

7 minutes ago, tgo said:

The difference is during his time in Atlanta he’s been forced to become a more well rounded player. Atlanta obviously fucked up his development. They moved him to OLB his second year and he led the league in sacks. They moved him back to DE and he’s struggled. He put together a decent year last year, and through the rotations has become at least decent at setting the edge. Put him back at OLB and let him wreak havoc. 

He has short arms and needs an angle on the tackle. He isn’t a pure burner either. He’s a guy that wins based on his ability to bend, much like Landry. Give me two healthy Landry types who aren’t constantly gassed and I say you have a damn solid pass rush from the front four with Simmons and DQ. 

3 minutes ago, NashvilleNinja said:

Hopefully he posts our highest single season sack numbers since Harold Landry in 2020... and hopefully Landry posts the team's highest sack total since the Freak.

It's crazy to think it's been 20 years and Kearse's rookie year still hasn't been surpassed by anyone since. And he narrowly missed tying or setting the franchise record for sacks then.

Landry needs to come into his own and wreak havoc on the AFCS this year. With Beasley and maybe Clowney he'll do it.

Our failure to find a good pass rusher is pretty underrated.  I mean we all know about the QB misfires but the revolving door at DE/OLB have been pretty bad.  And yeah I know Orakpo and Morgan were good/passable.

2 hours ago, rns90 said:

Our failure to find a good pass rusher is pretty underrated.  I mean we all know about the QB misfires but the revolving door at DE/OLB have been pretty bad.  And yeah I know Orakpo and Morgan were good/passable.

They were really only solid/serviceable. And I feel the same way. We generally do well when it comes to RBs, but the two areas I wish we were better in is QB and pass rusher. Which are the two most important positions. Lol

6 hours ago, tgo said:

Don't hold your breath on Clowney @NashvilleNinja

Shit... not even Aquaman could hold his breath this long.

In Ivan Drago's voice, if we sign him, we sign him. But I'm good either way. I'd just like to see Landry get some help. Maybe Beasley will be enough, but I'd feel a lot better if we drafted someone (assuming we don't sign Clowney).

11 hours ago, tgo said:

Clowney does have value, especially as a movable piece or as a 4-3 end, but not anywhere near what he's asking for. He is a dominant run player and does wreak havoc, but the production isn't quite there for the price tag. 

The Titans obviously thought Beasley was a better fit for the money and with the defense they're wanting to run this coming year. 

Didn't you want him for de/olb b4? If I am wrong I am sorry.

11 minutes ago, Callidus said:

Didn't you want him for de/olb b4? If I am wrong I am sorry.

Yes, obviously. I made an entire thread about it. 

I’d be psyched if we got Clowney, but I don’t see it happening and the NFL clearly isn’t valuing him at the level he expected. 

He’d be a great chess piece for the defense if the money was right.  

Just now, tgo said:

Yes, obviously. I made an entire thread about it. 

I’d be psyched if we got Clowney, but I don’t see it happening and the NFL clearly isn’t valuing him at the level he expected. 

He’d be a great chess piece for the defense if the money was right.  

He's being valued exactly where he should be. He has talent that would suggest dominance, but I don't think he's ever been as good he could or should be. Add injury concerns and questionable intangibles and I can see why his market isn't so hot.

On 4/1/2020 at 12:03 AM, socaltitan said:

He's being valued exactly where he should be. He has talent that would suggest dominance, but I don't think he's ever been as good he could or should be. Add injury concerns and questionable intangibles and I can see why his market isn't so hot.

Yes, athletically, physically he is Lawrence Taylor.  But not close to that level on the field.  

On 4/2/2020 at 3:03 AM, Somedude said:

They were VERY similar players coming out of college except for the fact that Landry is MUCH better vs the run and that Beasley is a little more explosive. I think Beasley is going surprise a lot of people in our system. We will have to find a way to solidify our edges vs the run though.Teams surely come after us that way.

On 3/31/2020 at 4:53 PM, IsntLifeFunny said:

The difference is during his time in Atlanta he’s been forced to become a more well rounded player. Atlanta obviously fucked up his development. They moved him to OLB his second year and he led the league in sacks. They moved him back to DE and he’s struggled. He put together a decent year last year, and through the rotations has become at least decent at setting the edge. Put him back at OLB and let him wreak havoc. 

He has short arms and needs an angle on the tackle. He isn’t a pure burner either. He’s a guy that wins based on his ability to bend, much like Landry. Give me two healthy Landry types who aren’t constantly gassed and I say you have a damn solid pass rush from the front four with Simmons and DQ. 

Beasley had a freakish combine as well. Like, an all time freakish combine. He’s the definition of twitched up.

In fairness to the Falcons in his 2nd year he only really played OLB in the base, he was still a defensive end 2/3 the time. That said, what was the point? He still had to spend the offseason working on off ball LBer stuff for what? To play SAM on 1st down so a bigger DE can set the edge? Then just rest him on 1st down.

If I were the DC I’d line him up on the left side on every pass down & let him run around the slower RT’s. That’s it. If he develops more great.