Just now, Starkiller said:

It’s like Trump with that NBC News reporter's softball question...

Lol yep, that was something else. 

42 minutes ago, tgo said:

It’s the Trump strategy! 

How to win enemies and not influence people. 

In your case, more like the Biden syndrome.

On 3/17/2020 at 3:32 PM, kyle021 said:

I thought it was based on the position and money, not amount of players and money?

Educate me...

I thought if we let Conklin walk and didn’t sign a FA RT then we would be awarded a complete pick, but what you’re saying is we let Conklin walk and we had more players leave than we signed that we still hold onto the comp pick?

I thought it was a money and position deal. If that’s not the case then I feel like we should go after Cordy Glenn at RT on a one year contract since he was release by the Bills for a cap saving of 9.5...

It is based on the contract and the number of FA signings vs FA losses.  Their position is irrelevant. 

33 minutes ago, ctm said:

In your case, more like the Biden syndrome.

At least I wasn’t stupid enough to be a Bloomberg supporter! 

4 minutes ago, tgo said:

At least I wasn’t stupid enough to be a Bloomberg supporter! 

I voted for Biden.  But I'm also smart enough to recognize his limitations and that includes not knowing what he just said posted.

Bloomberg is a fuming POS but at least he knows what day it is.  Picking between those two is a tough one.  You know the Dems are a bunch of losers when Bernie Sanders looks like the smartest guy in the room.  

43 minutes ago, Starkiller said:

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/28958770/2020-nfl-free-agency-five-value-signings-steals

There's a pretty decent chance that the Falcons' secondary was the real culprit behind Beasley's low sack totals over the past couple of seasons. He had eight last season, and five in each of the previous two, after recording 15.5 in 2016.

But Beasley's pass rush win rate (PRWR) -- an ESPN Stats & Information metric powered by NFL Next Gen Stats player tracking -- ranked 15th among qualified edge rushers last season, just one spot below Yannick Ngakoue with a very similar double-team rate. A year ago, Beasley ranked fifth in the same category (while Ngakoue was 27th).

To me, this says a one-year, high-upside $9.5 million risk flier on Beasley is absolutely worth it. While the situations aren't exactly the same -- Beasley is a former first-round pick with a 15.5-sack season under his belt and is being paid more -- if anyone is most likely to pull off a Barrett-style breakout on a one-year deal this season, it's Beasley.

Obviously I didn’t get analytical in my post, but my rationale for why he had such a big dip in sacks was due to their secondary 

So assuming sacks don't matter and things like PRWR is a key stat why did we only sign this guy to a one year prove it deal?  

10 minutes ago, Soxcat said:

So assuming sacks don't matter and things like PRWR is a key stat why did we only sign this guy to a one year prove it deal?  

Because he’s only flashed that ability in the year the Falcons win the Super Bowl and for the second half of last year.  

All reports out of Atlanta also indicate that he displays questionable effort. I would assume that that would change if you’re in a contract prove it year but who knows

Edited by BudAdams

27 minutes ago, Soxcat said:

Perhaps that’s what he wanted after he saw he wasn’t getting a big deal this year