Titans Sign Vic Beasley

tgo

2 minutes ago, thor said:

Has Clowney signed with anyone yet?  or at least been linked to any team?

Giants last I saw

i can see Indy getting him and pairing him with Buckner as they just signed Rivers to try and make the SB with him this year

• Replies 283
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

TR: We need a pass rusher! Pass rush helps the secondary! Pass rush sucks!    Jrob: *signs pass rush*   TR: meh. Honestly don't like it. He's a guy who can only rush the passer. Wh

I actually do like this pick-up better than most.   It will be interesting to see the details, but he was always miscast as 4-3 hand in the dirt DE. He showed in 2016 he has all the ability.

I’m alright having two Landry’s. 

Posted Images

Just now, kyle021 said:

Giants last I saw

i can see Indy getting him and pairing him with Buckner as they just signed Rivers to try and make the SB with him this year

Thank you for response... Appreciate it Kyle...

When is a mock coming?? You holding back or something???

Great players often get put in bad scheme fits or don’t mesh with coaching staffs and spend way to much time with that team trying to fit in and it kills the perception of the player by the league and the players confidence. 

Every player can be great, but 80% of players that are high caliber players are playing at a high caliber bc of the scheme and staff and surrounding environments. 

JJ Watt and Von Miller and Aaron Donald’s beast everywhere and in any scheme, but you have guys like Logan Ryan who are amazing in one scheme and the best NB in the league and can go to a different team or scheme and then just flat out fail and be out of the league in a few years if they don’t recover. 

I think Beasley is the kind of player that if you put him in the right scheme and environment that he will live up to his traits and ball and give you a high return of investment. 

3 minutes ago, thor said:

Thank you for response... Appreciate it Kyle...

When is a mock coming?? You holding back or something???

I’ll put some out toward the end of March and a few in April

nothing like I used to. Not gonna flood the board with them. I want to spend more time studying these guys than I normally do and that’ll take time away from mocks. Plus I work a shit ton. 

I will put something out when the FA dust settles 

I don't know squat about rushing the passer from a def perspective other then the usual --- seems Beasley is a clone of Landry --- I would think Titans want a big physical presence opposite these guys at times... Seems to me the kind of player Clowney is/or someone along those lines...

Edited by thor

36 minutes ago, kyle021 said:

If anyone can turn an edge rushers career around its the Belichick sand Vrabels and Carrols of the coaches in the league. I’m talking about a guy who at first shined his first couple seasons and then went into a bad fit scheme wise and suffered. Now he is coming to a team with a great and respected coach who has a scheme that fits the player. It’ll rejuvenate the player and be the type of change of scenery he needs. 

I like this about Vrabel.  He'll go to the player and teach him technique on a one on one basis.  He's like a position coach at times.

18 minutes ago, rns90 said:

I like this about Vrabel.  He'll go to the player and teach him technique on a one on one basis.  He's like a position coach at times.

Agree. I credit a lot of Brown, Evans, Landry’s success and even Correa who was a bust and now a solid edge defender to the one on one work Vrabel does with them. 

D’Andre Walker has a load of potential and I likened him to Justin Houston coming out of Georgia. They are literally cut from the same cloth, school and athletic ability. Walker could be big time for us this year and a major surprise when he takes the field. He has so much potential and was regarded as a first round talent the year he entered the draft and missed some games and had a disappointing year based on the hype he had entering it. 

I fully expect Vrabel to take Walkers game to heights we would love to have opposite Landry, and I fully believe he is the perfect coach to resurrect Beasley career

13 hours ago, Callidus said:

I wason the football future forum and a falcon was saying he was more of a all around guy now than a pure pass rusher.

I personally think they tinkered with him too much. I hate saying this because fans always try to rationalize signings by saying the guy was in the “wrong scheme” or was misused, but in this case he had a very good 2 years at left end. Then they decided to play him at OLB on early downs & move up to edge on passing downs. Which is fine, that’s what guys like Von Miller & Khalil Mack did. But VB did it after 2 good years so had to focus a good bit on developing off ball LBer stuff.  From there they just kept trying other shit. This is a team that also just traded a 2nd rounder

for Hayden Hurst.

Beasley had one of the insane combines in recent memory....4.53, 41 inch vertical, 130 broad, 6.91 3 cone.

And it shows. His burst is incredible. I’d play him solely at LOLB so he can line up against slow footed RT’s. Pure nickel rusher, keep it simple & he’s the type who could really impact games with only 20-25 snaps...