52 minutes ago, CaliTitan3518 said:

Reports are California is going to extend shelter in place order to May 1st. Potentially up to 12 weeks. 

I'm down. This is kinda fun!

3 hours ago, abenjami said:

I'm down. This is kinda fun!

I’m kinda getting bored. I drove around for about an hour today doing nothing. I miss sports. My kids are getting bored with training and not playing games or even having a game on the calendar. I hate being expected to teach my kids all the bs schoolwork they have to do. 

I'm fortunate that I work in tech support for the healthcare industry.  My wife does medical equipment purchasing.  My son, who recently graduated college, was just hired by the same company that I work for and is in his room all day doing online training so we've not missed a beat.  In fact, since we don't have to purchase fuel for the cars, we're financially doing better.

2 hours ago, MadMax said:

I'm fortunate that I work in tech support for the healthcare industry.  My wife does medical equipment purchasing.  My son, who recently graduated college, was just hired by the same company that I work for and is in his room all day doing online training so we've not missed a beat.  In fact, since we don't have to purchase fuel for the cars, we're financially doing better.

Seems to be the hospitality industry is the only one that is taking an overall hit. Even with a shelter in place majority of the trades, tech, education, agriculture etc. jobs are still business as usual. 

1 hour ago, CaliTitan3518 said:

Seems to be the hospitality industry is the only one that is taking an overall hit. Even with a shelter in place majority of the trades, tech, education, agriculture etc. jobs are still business as usual. 

Legal profession is definitely taking a hit due to court being closed but I expect it will be made up with tons of work when things calm down and courts reopen.

34 minutes ago, abenjami said:

Legal profession is definitely taking a hit due to court being closed but I expect it will be made up with tons of work when things calm down and courts reopen.

Ya but they are still providing legal services. My buddy is a lawyer and he said he’s gunna be backlogged with more work than ever once the courts open back up. 

5 minutes ago, CaliTitan3518 said:

Ya but they are still providing legal services. My buddy is a lawyer and he said he’s gunna be backlogged with more work than ever once the courts open back up. 

Yeah that's kind of what I meant.  The past 2 weeks were really slow and the next 2-4 weeks will be even slower.  But after that it's going to be a ton of catch up work.

3 hours ago, CaliTitan3518 said:

The best part are all the idiots who don't know to use zoom and webex. I use them everyday so its second nature to me. 

13 minutes ago, oldschool said:

The best part are all the idiots who don't know to use zoom and webex. I use them everyday so its second nature to me. 

Even better are the crazies who are hacking into net meetings being used by schools and exposing themselves to the kids in the virtual classroom.

Just now, abenjami said:

Even better are the crazies who are hacking into net meetings being used by schools and exposing themselves to the kids in the virtual classroom.

They aren't hacking in. Teachers are publishing unsecured meeting links on facebook and other open forums. Local and state governments are doing it too...

12 minutes ago, oldschool said:

They aren't hacking in. Teachers are publishing unsecured meeting links on facebook and other open forums. Local and state governments are doing it too...

Hacking or not, it's still the best part!

32 minutes ago, abenjami said:

Hacking or not, it's still the best part!

image.png.e91fe12dbcc0bf1e2c5afefd80fb0449.png

When fucking with a retard's head you need to learn from a master. Hey Touched The Tard, when Sarah saw this pic she told me that basically it's another prime example of "you plant corn and you get corn." She said that there's no way that Lardass Heart Attack Waiting To Happen isn't your biological father. I still think you have to be adopted. Give us a hint.

1 hour ago, abenjami said:

Yeah that's kind of what I meant.  The past 2 weeks were really slow and the next 2-4 weeks will be even slower.  But after that it's going to be a ton of catch up work.

Real estate attorneys are about to be busy as fuck

8 hours ago, oldschool said:

Schools are being ridiculous during this lockdown.  Leadership is mandating insane amounts of homework in some of the districts.  A friend of mine has to video conference with each child once a day...The fact is the second semester in every system is fucked and there isn't anything on an online program that will fix it.  The TCAP/EOC's are canceled, school most likely is done for the year, and to be honest most teachers have already covered all the standards anyways--this time period is usually set aside for reviewing material for the end of the year exams.  It's just busy work all around. 

I think recording content for the students to engage with the teacher is much more intriguing an option than constant video conferences with 3rd graders and sending them worksheets via Google Classroom.  Let the kids work on their creativity and other skills that aren't part of the curriculum at most/all public schools these days.

Also, all schools are still providing lunches in the worst possible scenario for this virus to spread.  I watched a video the other day of 20 or so cafeteria workers, all 50+, shoved into a tiny kitchen making lunch kits.  If even one of those people contract the virus it will spread like wildfire, from the lunch ladies to the recipients of the lunches.  Schools are firing from the hip for publicity sake, but at this point it's gotten dangerous and stupid.  I find it sad that a lot of parents are THIS reliant on school lunches.  If anything, providing lunches should be solved by the community at much safer locations.