Rivers Finalizing Deal With Colts

Dinx81

30 minutes ago, bizzyeddie said:

It is apples and oranges...cause tannehill and Watson are not the same.  No one in their right mind would take tannehill over Watson.

Even with tannehill being in his "prime"

I'm not talking about contracts or economics

Which QB is better?

I'll help you out

It's Watson.

Actually, you probably shouldn't be lecturing anyone on QB evaluations given your history on here........

If you don't think age, contracts, and systems don't apply in these evaluations, that only reinforces your lack of knowledge on the subject.

BTW the love for Watson becomes dramatically different as a player once he's on a second contract.  He has some real flaws as a pure passer and has a tendency to be either great or poor. 

1 minute ago, bizzyeddie said:

that wasn't the point....all I said was that Watson was the best QB in the division.  It's not debatable. 

Yet here we are.  In 2020, Tannehill WAS better and that's with Watson playing with Hopkins.  You also said he was FAR better.  Who says so?  The actual production stats.  PFF (RT was ranked 4th, Watson 9th).   

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I welcome Phillip.  He can lose a game in the last two minutes in the most exciting ways.

Nevermind LaCanfora said it too so its not happening     

Not sure why Titan fans are excited for this. Rivers definitely upgrades the Colts. Plus partnering him with an offensive guru.

Posted Images

Just now, rns90 said:

It is debatable, going forward without Hopkins and whether or not Tannehill can sustain (or even get better).

no need to put all the various factors in

who would you want to be our qb...watson or tannehill

of course Tannehill may perform better on the Titans than Watson does on the Texans.  teams matter but again all I said was that Watson was the best QB in our division.

1 minute ago, bizzyeddie said:

no need to put all the various factors in

who would you want to be our qb...watson or tannehill

of course Tannehill may perform better on the Titans than Watson does on the Texans.  teams matter but again all I said was that Watson was the best QB in our division.

If both guys perform like they just did in 2019 would you still think that?

I think your opinion is based on you expecting Tannehill to come back to Earth.  But what if he doesn't?  What if he is the same QB that we saw in 2019?

Just now, scine09 said:

If both guys perform like they just did in 2019 would you still think that?

I think your opinion is based on you expecting Tannehill to come back to Earth.  But what if he doesn't?  What if he is the same QB that we saw in 2019?

yes I would

good lord people...I love the Titans and I think Tannehill is going to be good for this team but seriously??

43 minutes ago, bizzyeddie said:

yes I would

good lord people...I love the Titans and I think Tannehill is going to be good for this team but seriously??

Tannehill was flat out unbelievable in 2019.  My hesitation with him is that I still think of him as Miami Dolphins Ryan Tannehill.  But if he plays like that again, no way is Watson better.

9 hours ago, Number9 said:

I welcome Phillip.  He can lose a game in the last two minutes in the most exciting ways.

Rivers greatest accomplishment was having his team be the final victim of the Patriots before they ended up going 18-1 after losing SB 42.

3 hours ago, bizzyeddie said:

that wasn't the point....all I said was that Watson was the best QB in the division.  It's not debatable. 

I'm sure most of the experts out there would rate Watson above Tannehill. Although all the Titans fans here would debate which QB is better.

The only real debate in the AFC South is whether or not Philip Rivers is still a better QB at this point of his career than Gardner Minshew (or Nick Foles).

A lot of those off script plays Watson makes were based on Hopkins coming open late for big plays; it'll be interesting to see if can replicate that without him. He takes way too many sacks for a guy so mobile, but Tanny does that at times also.

Between Rivers, Watson, Tanny, and whoever the Jags field....how do you not take Tanny right now?  Watson lost his best receiver, and AJ is a fucking stud...shit Corey is a fucking stud but we run the ball so much that he doesn't get the looks he should.  

JRob has put our offense in a position to be a top 5 in the league.  I actually think that we might score more if we moved away from Henry, despite liking that dude more than I thought I could like a RB after Eddie.

18 hours ago, bizzyeddie said:

yes I would

The homers on here are seriously retarded.  No one outside of the Titans is taking Tannehill over Watson.  None of them even watched him in Miami.