Raiders close to signing Mariota

1 hour ago, BudAdams said:

Oh yes I did.  So did others.  The All-22 was very conclusive that he sucked.  Remember the clips that @nine posted to try to defend Mariota?  It actually showed in detail all of the late throws, poor footwork (sometimes even just wrong - 4 step drop on a 3 step throw), not throwing it to an open receiver, running into pressure - things that didn't even show up on a stat sheet.  Those things, in year 4, are not fixable.  In year 5, of course it stayed the same......

Greg Cosell knew.  The people in Sando's QB survey knew.  The fact you didn't is why you are still sitting here trying to defend your asinine and completely wrong take.

It wasn't hindsight.  Tannehill was better than Mariota ever was.  He can actually play the position.

There are literally thousands of posts on here blaming the coaches, the scheme, the personnel spanning from 2015 THROUGH 2019.  There's also plenty of posts saying that Mariota actually was playing well despite the poor production - @scine09 and @Face @titanruss and even you......

Mularkey broke him. End. Of. Story.

Shit scheme. Rushed him. Tried to make him into slash. Mariota does what he's told. He's not a freelancer. Mularkey is out of the league and at least one team thinks he's worth giving a big shot to. He'll get more shots after this if Carr holds on to his job as well. 

Wiz was right when he said "have you SEEN the talent on this team?" Wiz was good for him... Mariota was a better dropback passer under Wiz than he ever was under others.... but Mularkey got the luck of Jrobs GM skills and a running game that was actually a threat. 

Quit your revisionist bullshit. 

• Replies 603
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Las Vegas is the funniest American city to imagine Mariota living.

Look at this disgusting fuckweasel.

Posted Images

14 minutes ago, titanruss said:

Mularkey broke him. End. Of. Story.

Shit scheme. Rushed him. Tried to make him into slash. Mariota does what he's told. He's not a freelancer. Mularkey is out of the league and at least one team thinks he's worth giving a big shot to. He'll get more shots after this if Carr holds on to his job as well. 

Wiz was right when he said "have you SEEN the talent on this team?" Wiz was good for him... Mariota was a better dropback passer under Wiz than he ever was under others.... but Mularkey got the luck of Jrobs GM skills and a running game that was actually a threat. 

Quit your revisionist bullshit.

Mariota sucked.  End of story.  The fact Mularkey, the only Titans coach to do so BTW, was able to have a functional offense for a period of time with dumb dumb at the helm.  The best stretch of play Mariota ever had was under the guy you dolts hate.  In hindsight, the comparison to Kordell may have actually been an insult......to Kordell.

The revisionist BS is from you about Whisenhunt.  Each week under Whiz was progressively worse and resulted in losses, fewer points, and injuries for Mariota.  If AAS had not stepped in, Mariota would have been killed in Whiz's offense. 

As for MM and the Raiders, he got a pretty decent backup QB contract at a time when any good QB would be getting a 100 M contract.  Similar to what Bridewater and Tannehill had in terms of contracts last year.  Big shot?  LOL. 

Edited by BudAdams

I still maintain the injuries took their toll on him. No one can disagree that he was much more aggressive with the football in 15 and 16 than he was in 17-19. By 19 his arm looked completely shot. Remember that TD pass to Davis against the Falcons? That ball should have been on a rope. Instead he had to perfectly time it to lob it just over the defender’s fingers, and that was with him throwing on his platform. 

Those aren’t excuses, as he was likely never going to take the next step, but he didn’t look like the same guy out there his last few years in terms of at least unleashing the ball. He was a lot lore hesitant and he rarely threw the ball with any velocity. 

The unexpected development to me was that Mariota actually appeared to be capable of potentially becoming a franchise QB for a short stint, not that he failed to become one. 

For all of the criticism that Mularkey gets, the offense looked pretty damn good when Mariota showed.  They diced up Jacksonville and Seattle at the beginning of 17, and the offense averaged over 30 PPG during the first 4 full games that he played (he had 4 TDs and 2 INTs).  But I think the Pittsburgh game was the tipping point, when he started recording a barrage of 100 yard , sub 70 QB rating games and the offense became plodding.

Edited by abc2330

2 hours ago, BudAdams said:

The why he started piece has been beat to death and it obviously wasn't about on the field play.   The idea that Mariota was considered anything more than one of the worst starting QB's in the NFL in every place besides Nashville and Oregon heading into 2019 is wrong.  Anyone who doesn't believe that Tannehill would have won an open competition with Mariota is just retarded. 

I agree completely I'm just saying the prevailing thought coming into the season by a huge amount of people (GMs, scouts included) was Mariota was at least as good or had better potential than Tannehill who was regarded as a bad QB

11 minutes ago, IrishTitansFan said:

I agree completely I'm just saying the prevailing thought coming into the season by a huge amount of people (GMs, scouts included) was Mariota was at least as good or had better potential than Tannehill who was regarded as a bad QB

Not once preseason rolled around though

im sure those opinions didn’t change in terms of any article written but there was enough  to see that it was a conversation by more than just the addicts on this board

Edited by wiscotitansfan

8 minutes ago, wiscotitansfan said:

Not once preseason rolled around though

im sure those opinions didn’t change in terms of any article written but there was enough  to see that it was a conversation by more than just the addicts on this board

Agreed. I just think its off-base to suggest it was obvious Tannehill was a better QB before the season. They were both seen as bottom tier QBs That's why Tanny won comeback player of the year

3 hours ago, SNAPHISANKLE said:

I gave many reasons why I believed he’d fail. Lack of decent deep ball. Fragile. Pussy. 

all proven to be true 

suck it 

Russell Wilson can't throw deep?

3 hours ago, Callidus said:

No shit he could turn it around. That just is not likely. He is in the same boat as david carr at this point. He may have ability but his mind is shot

This is the kind of hot take stuff that just gets my brain ping-ponging around inside my skull. Even IF someone on this forum happened to be a mental health professional, there is no possible way they can truly know that. And I'm fairly certain at least 99.5% of the people on this forum are not mental health professionals. In fact, I doubt most of you fungus of the bunguses are even mental health amateurs.

1 hour ago, IsntLifeFunny said:

I still maintain the injuries took their toll on him. No one can disagree that he was much more aggressive with the football in 15 and 16 than he was in 17-19. By 19 his arm looked completely shot. Remember that TD pass to Davis against the Falcons? That ball should have been on a rope. Instead he had to perfectly time it to lob it just over the defender’s fingers, and that was with him throwing on his platform. 

Those aren’t excuses, as he was likely never going to take the next step, but he didn’t look like the same guy out there his last few years in terms of at least unleashing the ball. He was a lot lore hesitant and he rarely threw the ball with any velocity. 

It was all of it. His mind, and possibly his body, was worn down. But whether or not he ever takes that next step remains to be seen.

1 hour ago, BudAdams said:

I’m sure it was obvious that Tannehill was better that Mariota once they had OTA’s.  Probably why there were reports that the coaches wanted to play Tannehill.......

Then why didn't they?  It's crazy to think that Arthur Smith was seriously going to make the call to bench Mariota, and Vrabel showed little respect for Tannehill until he saved his ass and the season against KC.  You're putting way too much stock into some he said/she said unnamed source bullshit from a bitter failed GM.  

Weren't you questioning the decision making that Vrabel was doing during the season?  Yet somehow got this right, and the FO who traded for a starting caliber QB and wouldn't even entertain the thought of an extension for Mariota didn't let him make the call?

Edited by abc2330