Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
AussieTitanFan08

Raiders close to signing Mariota

Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, rns90 said:

 

Replying to Mariota’s comment: What a stupid mother fucker. How many QB’s that haven’t played well get 5 true shots at the job? Very few. This weak bitch will wilt under the temper of Gruden. The Titans organization believed in you, you just shit the bed with crappy play and injuries over and over again. 

Edited by AvgJoe

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

LESSER PRODUCTION

Marcus Mariota, Las Vegas Raiders

Old team: Tennessee Titans

Anything is going to be better than what he had to go through in Tennessee -- with four offensive coordinators in five years, from Jason Michael (2015) to Terry Robiskie (2016-17) to Matt LaFleur (2018) to current OC Arthur Smith. I know the position Mariota is in, as a top draft pick who went through a lot of change and ultimately was never the organization's guy. But then I went to New York, sat behind Eli Manning, learned a ton and had a blast. Of course, I would have loved to play, but there's one quarterback on each team, unlike most other positions.

I do think Mariota can have a great experience in Las Vegas, but it might not be as a starter. Putting Mariota in Jon Gruden's pro style offense isn't a great pairing schematically. Mariota's at his best when he can use his legs and athleticism, not when he sits in the pocket. If Gruden doesn't try to make Mariota into something that he's not, I believe the young passer can be effective in a Taysom Hill-like role. He is dynamic as a passer and runner -- he can still probably run a 4.4 or 4.5 40 -- and could elevate the Raiders' offense by being involved in certain packages.

 

Carr once again throwing the organization under the bus and discussing the mythical offense in which Mariota will be good.  

 

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000001107500/article/quarterback-relocations-tom-brady-philip-rivers-set-up-to-thrive

Edited by abc2330

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, abc2330 said:

 

LESSER PRODUCTION

Marcus Mariota, Las Vegas Raiders

Old team: Tennessee Titans

Anything is going to be better than what he had to go through in Tennessee -- with four offensive coordinators in five years, from Jason Michael (2015) to Terry Robiskie (2016-17) to Matt LaFleur (2018) to current OC Arthur Smith. I know the position Mariota is in, as a top draft pick who went through a lot of change and ultimately was never the organization's guy. But then I went to New York, sat behind Eli Manning, learned a ton and had a blast. Of course, I would have loved to play, but there's one quarterback on each team, unlike most other positions.

I do think Mariota can have a great experience in Las Vegas, but it might not be as a starter. Putting Mariota in Jon Gruden's pro style offense isn't a great pairing schematically. Mariota's at his best when he can use his legs and athleticism, not when he sits in the pocket. If Gruden doesn't try to make Mariota into something that he's not, I believe the young passer can be effective in a Taysom Hill-like role. He is dynamic as a passer and runner -- he can still probably run a 4.4 or 4.5 40 -- and could elevate the Raiders' offense by being involved in certain packages.

 

Carr once again throwing the organization under the bus and discussing the mythical offense in which Mariota will be good.  

 

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000001107500/article/quarterback-relocations-tom-brady-philip-rivers-set-up-to-thrive

 

It's so funny ... do you know how many different angles on "how to best utilize Mariota" 

 

- Make him run

- Don't make him run

- Make him stay in the pocket

- Don't make him stay in the pocket

- West Coast Offense

- Spread offense

- Play action offense

 

LMAO the list goes on. The fact nobody can figure it out speaks VOLUMES.

Edited by big2033

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, headhunter said:

Mariotas arm lost everything which I think made him hold onto the ball so much last year. He just knew he couldnt make alot passes. 

I think that he lost his balls.  He looked pretty damn good against Atlanta when he was being decisive and driving it.  Maybe he did physically lose some arm, though that doesn't really make sense given his age and the relatively few number of throws that he's made at this point.  But his lack of confidence and willingness to pull the trigger pretty much reduces him to a one-read game manager QB , and maybe not even a very good one.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
38 minutes ago, big2033 said:

 

It's so funny ... do you know how many different angles on "how to best utilize Mariota" 

 

- Make him run

- Don't make him run

- Make him stay in the pocket

- Don't make him stay in the pocket

- West Coast Offense

- Spread offense

- Play action offense

 

LMAO the list goes on. The fact nobody can figure it out speaks VOLUMES.

Xfl is the best answer

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Many people are saying Mariota never had a fair shot so far.   Many people are saying Mariota's wins were all his doing on a poor team.   Many, many people.  Many people are saying 40% of you will agree. 

 

 

 

 

Edited by 9 Nines

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You could tell Mariota was trying to man up a bit and talk a little more assertively, but yeah it did come off as whining. Very VY like.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The last pass he threw in Denver basically summed up Mariota's passing ability.  Don't ever force him to throw deep to get back in a game.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Number9 said:

The last pass he threw in Denver basically summed up Mariota's passing ability.  Don't ever force him to throw deep to get back in a game.

 

One of the recent breakdowns posted showing in throwing downfield outside the hashmarks was pretty startling. I've pretty much though he totally sucks and was one of the worst starters in the league for a few years now and it actually surprised me how bad he was in that regard.

 

I haven't seen videos showing how bad he was like that since nine was posting all the breakdowns trying to defend him!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.



Titans Report Footer Logo

Titans Report is a fan operated website for the Tennessee Titans. The site includes a message board, blog, podcast, organized fantasy games,and a mobile site. The podcast has had on many prominent members of the media covering the Titans. Some names include John McClain of the Houston Chronicle, Jim Wyatt of the Tennessee Titans official website, Paul Kuharsky of 104.5 The Zone, Phillip B. Wilson of the Indy Star, Jonathan Hutton of the Titans Radio Network, Sal Capaccio of the Buffalo Bills Radio Network, Scott Wright of Draft Countdown, and others.

Official Website

Kuharsky's Blog

ESPN NFL Nation

104.5 The Zone

102.5 The Game

TITANSLINKS

×
×
  • Create New...