Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
AussieTitanFan08

Raiders close to signing Mariota

Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, abc2330 said:

If you watched his tape the first 2 years, I could see a coach accepting that challenge.  But his accuracy was so bad during the past 2, and his efficiency so bad the season before that, I would have to pass. 

 

Not to nitpick, but his completion rate in 2018 was 68.9%.  In 2019, up until the Denver game, it was 61.7%. His worst season up until that point, accuracy-wise, was 2016.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, The Toddster said:

 

Not to nitpick, but his completion rate in 2018 was 68.9%.  In 2019, up until the Denver game, it was 61.7%. His worst season up until that point, accuracy-wise, was 2016.

 

 

Completion percentage and accuracy are not the same thing.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, abc2330 said:

And AJ McCarron was the presumed starter in Buffalo, and Josh Allen the #3 QB.  Seattle obviously realized that they had a dud when Flynn entered camp, just as Buffalo did, and went with the cheaper and more gifted young player.  Any team would do the same.  Different with Mariota who was considerably younger and had basically the same track record as the QB behind him.

 

It's also ridiculous to suggest that Carroll has power that Vrabel doesn't.  He can make personnel changes whenever he wants, which is exactly what he did.  McDermott started Peterman over the highly drafted Allen in his second year as a coach.  Any coach can make that call, as long as they are willing to answer for it.  Robinson clearly involves Vrabel extensively in the personnel decisions, the draft, etc.  He's not unilaterally making decisions for him.

 

Wrong.

  1. Josh Allen was a first round pick they traded up for.  It was merely a matter of time before he became the starting QB.  Peterman started 5 games in Allen's rookie year before Allen took over.  Not the 2nd year.....
  2. No it's not ridiculous to say Pete Carroll has more power than Vrabel because he does.......Carroll has final say over everything football in Seattle even though the GM and he work collaboratively.  Vrabel nor McDermott do not have final say as they report to GM's.  That doesn't mean that Robinson dictates every thing to Vrabel or he doesn't get input.  Still, if you cannot see that difference, that's on you.
  3. If you don't think Mariota making 10 times what Tannehill did wasn't a factor, LOL. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Lombardi dished out some hate on Robinson when he was first hired. But it doesn't apply to this Mariota situation. If Lombardi had an axe to grind he'd be ripping Robinson for keeping Mariota in the line up so long, instead he said he agreed with it. You can't exactly say he's reporting it was Robinson because he doesn't like him if he's in agreement with the move. 

 

And @japan your favorite thing to do is attack the messenger, When you were defending Mariota at every turn every time someone like Cosell, Orlovsky or any other reasonable analyst was critical of Mariota you attacked them. You also do it any time it's negative about Robinson.

 

Robinson is a very good GM imo, he screwed up the QB situation last year. It worked out and he got away with it. We got a franchise QB now. 

 

All is right

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
44 minutes ago, Pok'e said:

giphy.gif


What Raiders forum are you posting on? How have they been compared to us? 😇

Edited by Titans279

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, OILERMAN said:

 

It hurt watching Tanny take that offense to unseen charts didn't it? 


Unseen like the dark bottom of a well...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, OILERMAN said:

Lombardi dished out some hate on Robinson when he was first hired. But it doesn't apply to this Mariota situation. If Lombardi had an axe to grind he'd be ripping Robinson for keeping Mariota in the line up so long, instead he said he agreed with it. You can't exactly say he's reporting it was Robinson because he doesn't like him if he's in agreement with the move. 

 

And @japan your favorite thing to do is attack the messenger, When you were defending Mariota at every turn every time someone like Cosell, Orlovsky or any other reasonable analyst was critical of Mariota you attacked them. You also do it any time it's negative about Robinson.

 

Robinson is a very good GM imo, he screwed up the QB situation last year. It worked out and he got away with it. We got a franchise QB now. 

 

All is right

I just think it’s laughable to see Bud, who ripped Robinson nonstop last season, singing a different tune.  Like we all forgot the nonstop, mind numbing bashing.  We heard that Robinson/Vrabel sucked unless they could best Mularkey’s output.  Bud was even ripping his drafting as average!  He can’t even give him credit for the Tannehill trade that gave us a franchise QB.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, japan said:

I just think it’s laughable to see Bud, who ripped Robinson nonstop last season, singing a different tune.  Like we all forgot the nonstop, mind numbing bashing.  We heard that Robinson/Vrabel sucked unless they could best Mularkey’s output.  Bud was even ripping his drafting as average!  He can’t even give him credit for the Tannehill trade that gave us a franchise QB.  

Wrong!  That’s not anywhere close to the truth.  You dolts got mad because I refused to say Robinson was a great genius.  I also pointed out that they had some pressure to live up to what they had promised- i.e do better than what wasn’t good enough before.   I also pointed out that the good of the Tannehill trade was mitigated some by handcuffing him to be the backup as opposed to an open competition.
 

All reasonable takes and none of it was bashing as you claim.  


Big difference from your fictional version of the facts.......

Edited by BudAdams

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Outside looking in on this discussion ... seems like we're nitpicking right now ... 

 

We really arguing over whether Robinson is Good or Great?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, big2033 said:

Outside looking in on this discussion ... seems like we're nitpicking right now ... 

 

We really arguing over whether Robinson is Good or Great?

Essentially.  It’s ludicrous but fan boys, whether it’s for the GM or the QB, are laughably dumb.......

 

God forbid I had valid criticism over a decision that the GM made that nearly sabotaged the season.......Easier to deflect By fabricating things.

Edited by BudAdams

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Titans279 said:


What Raiders forum are you posting on? How have they been compared to us? 😇

I already answered this question with number9, go back pages if you want to know. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, OILERMAN said:

Lombardi dished out some hate on Robinson when he was first hired. But it doesn't apply to this Mariota situation. If Lombardi had an axe to grind he'd be ripping Robinson for keeping Mariota in the line up so long, instead he said he agreed with it. You can't exactly say he's reporting it was Robinson because he doesn't like him if he's in agreement with the move. 

 

And @japan your favorite thing to do is attack the messenger, When you were defending Mariota at every turn every time someone like Cosell, Orlovsky or any other reasonable analyst was critical of Mariota you attacked them. You also do it any time it's negative about Robinson.

 

Robinson is a very good GM imo, he screwed up the QB situation last year. It worked out and he got away with it. We got a franchise QB now. 

 

All is right

 Lombardi agreed with Robinson because he'd look like a Monday Morning QB and a dick otherwise.  It doesn't give credibility to anything that he said.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.



Titans Report Footer Logo

Titans Report is a fan operated website for the Tennessee Titans. The site includes a message board, blog, podcast, organized fantasy games,and a mobile site. The podcast has had on many prominent members of the media covering the Titans. Some names include John McClain of the Houston Chronicle, Jim Wyatt of the Tennessee Titans official website, Paul Kuharsky of 104.5 The Zone, Phillip B. Wilson of the Indy Star, Jonathan Hutton of the Titans Radio Network, Sal Capaccio of the Buffalo Bills Radio Network, Scott Wright of Draft Countdown, and others.

Recent Posts

Newest Topics

Official Website

Kuharsky's Blog

ESPN NFL Nation

104.5 The Zone

102.5 The Game

TITANSLINKS

×
×
  • Create New...