Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
AussieTitanFan08

Raiders close to signing Mariota

Recommended Posts

43 minutes ago, BudAdams said:

 

Right............So some made up rift exists because some people on TR say so!  By all accounts, BB is way closer to Lombardi than he ever was to Robinson.  The real issue is that ANY criticism of Robinson is met with hatred by the fan boys, not unlike how criticism of Mariota was met with hatred by his fan boys.  

 

In the issue at hand, Lombardi DEFENDED the Titans FO's decision to give Mariota one more shot.   If Lombardi was such a Robinson hater, one would think that he'd take the easy opportunity to criticize him for forcing the issue when the coaches disagreed. 

 

I thought it was ludicrous but I can at least understand how the FO went down that rabbit hole.......

 

The FO botched the situation last year as RT >>>>> MM.  It almost cost a legitimate contender the season.  The bright side is that the team discovered that RT was the answer and JRob did the right thing in giving him an extension.  End of story. 

 

 

  He said that to give himself some credibility as an unbiased source with people like you who can't see that he's completely full of shit.  

Edited by abc2330

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, big2033 said:

I mean ... he's a first round pick and no matter what some think he was projected by most as a first round pick. It's to be expected someone else was going to take a chance. Good for him.

 

I'll be shocked if it works out for him.

Funny

7.5 mill kinda feels like it already worked out for him😁

But I get what your saying

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, abc2330 said:

  He said that to give himself some credibility as an unbiased source with people like you who can't see that he's completely full of shit.  

 

wrong the west wing GIF

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
43 minutes ago, rns90 said:

This shit is laughable.  A shitty and mediocre QB receiving a “proper farewell”.   For what?  It’s akin to that Seinfeld where Kramer “wins” a Tony award.

Idk, I would be ok if they had a thank you now gtfo parade in nashville for him.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, BudAdams said:

 

Right............So some made up rift exists because some people on TR say so!  By all accounts, BB is way closer to Lombardi than he ever was to Robinson.  The real issue is that ANY criticism of Robinson is met with hatred by the fan boys, not unlike how criticism of Mariota was met with hatred by his fan boys.  

 

In the issue at hand, Lombardi DEFENDED the Titans FO's decision to give Mariota one more shot.   If Lombardi was such a Robinson hater, one would think that he'd take the easy opportunity to criticize him for forcing the issue when the coaches disagreed. 

 

I thought it was ludicrous but I can at least understand how the FO went down that rabbit hole.......

 

The FO botched the situation last year as RT >>>>> MM.  It almost cost a legitimate contender the season.  The bright side is that the team discovered that RT was the answer and JRob did the right thing in giving him an extension.  End of story. 

 

 

Ask your buddy Oilerman.  He commented on Lombardi a bunch in the past.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, Callidus said:

Idk, I would be ok if they had a thank you now gtfo parade in nashville for him.

Will he be tarred and feathered and ridden out of town?  If so, I'd be down for that.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, japan said:

Ask your buddy Oilerman.  He commented on Lombardi a bunch in the past.

 

Oilerman agrees with me that Robinson was the one responsible for Mariota playing the first six games.....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, BudAdams said:

 

Oilerman agrees with me that Robinson was the one responsible for Mariota playing the first six games.....

Like I said 6 pages ago, your opinion doesn't matter anymore on this as no one will remember it, we went to the AFCCG, Robinson is being hailed as being brilliant (Tannehill trade, Simmons pick along with his great track record as a drafter) and that he is one of the most secure GMs in the league (and was never close to being on the hotseat.)

 

You've wisely pivoted away from trashing Robinson and are now left to just digging amongst the scraps.

Edited by japan

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

And barring injury there was no way Mariota wasn't going to be given a shot.  These clowns can try and say they knew Tannehill would light it up and they are full of it.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, japan said:

Like I said 6 pages ago, your opinion doesn't matter anymore on this as no one will remember it, we went to the AFCCG, Robinson is being hailed as being brilliant (Tannehill trade, Simmons pick along with his great track record as a drafter) and that he is one of the most secure GMs in the league (and was never close to being on the hotseat.)

 

Wrong.  As usual, you try to deflect your idiocy by misrepresenting and exaggerating any valid criticisms of your beloved JRob.  You did the same thing with Mariota until the last year.   The end result of the AFCC loss doesn't mean that the self inflicted error was a good decision.  All it means is that Vrabel's snapping point and Tannehill's elite play saved them from having it cost them a promising season.

 

The idea that Robinson and Vrabel would not have had heat on them in 2020 (which is what I said) if they missed the playoffs in a year where Indy lost Luck to a sudden retirement, the Texans were in some disarray, and the Jags imploded is absolutely true.  Missing the playoffs would have been a massive underachievement - the kind of thing that puts regimes under a microscope.  The fact that it would have been self inflicted would have been incredibly stupid.

 

Same with the looking at the Tannehill trade - the move to trade for him was great (and long overdue given the Cassel and Gabbert debacles) but handcuffing him as the backup with no valid competition was dumb as the team had no long term commitment to either guy.  It still is dumb in hindsight.  Mariota started for reasons beyond production - salary certainly was a big factor.

 

14 minutes ago, Soxcat said:

And barring injury there was no way Mariota wasn't going to be given a shot.  These clowns can try and say they knew Tannehill would light it up and they are full of it.

 

 

It was obvious that Tannehill was better than Mariota in TC.  Tannehill playing elite was one thing but he was worlds better than Mariota when side by side.  Giving dumb dumb six games was way too much.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, bizzyeddie said:

Funny

7.5 mill kinda feels like it already worked out for him😁

But I get what your saying

 

It worked out for him when he was drafted. He's been a millionaire since.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

@BudAdams More BS from the idiot.  Maybe we could agree Tannehill should have been in there sooner but Mariota was going to start game one.... period.  TC doesn't mean crap.  Mariota was a 5th year QB making $20 mil and it was his job to lose.  Also, Mariota had a 133 QB rating in our first game.  93.5 the second and 81.7 the 3rd (Jags) but bounced back with a 130 in the 4th game.  No he didn't play great but this idea they should have pulled him based on his play has no merit.  Remember they didn't know Tannehill would look so good.  You don't play musical chairs with the QB in the NFL.  Soon as he imploded against Denver they made a change.  

Edited by Soxcat

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

He wasn't playing great or good by any means. But you had to wait until he was racking up turnovers and completely imploded. That's the only way to leave no doubt to the uninformed fans and owner.  Or, you'd have a fanbase wondering if you would've won more games with wonderboy even if Tannehill went 13-3.

 

This is how it works with QBs drafted high. You hold on for dear life until the rope snaps.

Edited by big2033

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.



Titans Report Footer Logo

Titans Report is a fan operated website for the Tennessee Titans. The site includes a message board, blog, podcast, organized fantasy games,and a mobile site. The podcast has had on many prominent members of the media covering the Titans. Some names include John McClain of the Houston Chronicle, Jim Wyatt of the Tennessee Titans official website, Paul Kuharsky of 104.5 The Zone, Phillip B. Wilson of the Indy Star, Jonathan Hutton of the Titans Radio Network, Sal Capaccio of the Buffalo Bills Radio Network, Scott Wright of Draft Countdown, and others.

Recent Posts

Newest Topics

Official Website

Kuharsky's Blog

ESPN NFL Nation

104.5 The Zone

102.5 The Game

TITANSLINKS

×
×
  • Create New...