Raiders close to signing Mariota

9 hours ago, wiscotitansfan said:

Huh? Unless he historically fucks up and plays an entire season of Mariota, you'd still see how well Tannehill played. Mariota was bad enough the past 2 years where it was never a question of if he will be pulled.

In any realistic scenario, there is no way you don't get to see a good portion of Tannehill even if we wouldn't have made playoffs.

It was a mostly sarcastic/funny post that seems to have failed miserably. Haha. 

• Replies 603
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Las Vegas is the funniest American city to imagine Mariota living.

Look at this disgusting fuckweasel.

Posted Images

12 hours ago, IrishTitansFan said:

I highly doubt it was solely Jon Robinsons decision to start Mariota. JRob was never tied to him, has shown time and time again he doesn't make emotional decisions, and would always look like a genius if Tanny turned out. I believe them when they say it was an organisational decision, and was based on the feeling of the locker room and Tannehills terrible play in 2018. I don't think it was necessarily a mistake at the time to start Mariota, the mistake was not pulling him during the Jags game

"On the flip side, think about Ryan Tannehill. A terrific athlete? Absolutely. Naturally instinctive for the position? No. The faster the game becomes, the more instincts take over — and that’s when Tannehill gets into trouble. Look at his career numbers on third down: He’s thrown 26 interceptions, averages a half yard less per attempt than his overall average, and completes just 58 percent of his passes. The faster the game, the less you like Tannehill."

Those words literally came from Michael Lombardi years ago.  Oilerman and Bud Adams act as if supporting the decision to start Mariota proves that the statement about the FO's involvement is true.  It's because Lombardi wouldn't have a leg to stand on by criticizing Robinson, and would be the butt of a joke yet again by being an incompetent dimwhit.

Remember Vrabel downplaying Tannehill's contribution during the first few games before he literally saved the season vs KC?  Yeah, that really sounded like a coach who was in love with him or thought that he should have been starting all along.  Get real.   If they really felt like Tannehill was going to preserve their jobs and Mariota was going to get them fired, they would have done something before the 3rd quarter of game 6.  They had no idea he'd be that much better.  Vrabel  said as much, as he was being questioned about waiting so long to make the change.  Because he's the coach, the guy whose job literally is to start the best player.

Edited by abc2330

1 hour ago, rns90 said:

Replying to Mariota’s comment: What a stupid mother fucker. How many QB’s that haven’t played well get 5 true shots at the job? Very few. This weak bitch will wilt under the temper of Gruden. The Titans organization believed in you, you just shit the bed with crappy play and injuries over and over again. 

Edited by AvgJoe

LESSER PRODUCTION

Marcus Mariota, Las Vegas Raiders

Old team: Tennessee Titans

Anything is going to be better than what he had to go through in Tennessee -- with four offensive coordinators in five years, from Jason Michael (2015) to Terry Robiskie (2016-17) to Matt LaFleur (2018) to current OC Arthur Smith. I know the position Mariota is in, as a top draft pick who went through a lot of change and ultimately was never the organization's guy. But then I went to New York, sat behind Eli Manning, learned a ton and had a blast. Of course, I would have loved to play, but there's one quarterback on each team, unlike most other positions.

I do think Mariota can have a great experience in Las Vegas, but it might not be as a starter. Putting Mariota in Jon Gruden's pro style offense isn't a great pairing schematically. Mariota's at his best when he can use his legs and athleticism, not when he sits in the pocket. If Gruden doesn't try to make Mariota into something that he's not, I believe the young passer can be effective in a Taysom Hill-like role. He is dynamic as a passer and runner -- he can still probably run a 4.4 or 4.5 40 -- and could elevate the Raiders' offense by being involved in certain packages.

Carr once again throwing the organization under the bus and discussing the mythical offense in which Mariota will be good.  

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000001107500/article/quarterback-relocations-tom-brady-philip-rivers-set-up-to-thrive

Edited by abc2330

3 hours ago, abc2330 said:

LESSER PRODUCTION

Marcus Mariota, Las Vegas Raiders

Old team: Tennessee Titans

Anything is going to be better than what he had to go through in Tennessee -- with four offensive coordinators in five years, from Jason Michael (2015) to Terry Robiskie (2016-17) to Matt LaFleur (2018) to current OC Arthur Smith. I know the position Mariota is in, as a top draft pick who went through a lot of change and ultimately was never the organization's guy. But then I went to New York, sat behind Eli Manning, learned a ton and had a blast. Of course, I would have loved to play, but there's one quarterback on each team, unlike most other positions.

I do think Mariota can have a great experience in Las Vegas, but it might not be as a starter. Putting Mariota in Jon Gruden's pro style offense isn't a great pairing schematically. Mariota's at his best when he can use his legs and athleticism, not when he sits in the pocket. If Gruden doesn't try to make Mariota into something that he's not, I believe the young passer can be effective in a Taysom Hill-like role. He is dynamic as a passer and runner -- he can still probably run a 4.4 or 4.5 40 -- and could elevate the Raiders' offense by being involved in certain packages.

Carr once again throwing the organization under the bus and discussing the mythical offense in which Mariota will be good.  

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000001107500/article/quarterback-relocations-tom-brady-philip-rivers-set-up-to-thrive

It's so funny ... do you know how many different angles on "how to best utilize Mariota" 

- Make him run

- Don't make him run

- Make him stay in the pocket

- Don't make him stay in the pocket

- West Coast Offense

- Spread offense

- Play action offense

LMAO the list goes on. The fact nobody can figure it out speaks VOLUMES.

Edited by big2033

4 hours ago, headhunter said:

Mariotas arm lost everything which I think made him hold onto the ball so much last year. He just knew he couldnt make alot passes. 

I think that he lost his balls.  He looked pretty damn good against Atlanta when he was being decisive and driving it.  Maybe he did physically lose some arm, though that doesn't really make sense given his age and the relatively few number of throws that he's made at this point.  But his lack of confidence and willingness to pull the trigger pretty much reduces him to a one-read game manager QB , and maybe not even a very good one.

38 minutes ago, big2033 said:

It's so funny ... do you know how many different angles on "how to best utilize Mariota" 

- Make him run

- Don't make him run

- Make him stay in the pocket

- Don't make him stay in the pocket

- West Coast Offense

- Spread offense

- Play action offense

LMAO the list goes on. The fact nobody can figure it out speaks VOLUMES.

Xfl is the best answer