Raiders close to signing Mariota

27 minutes ago, freakingeek said:

I agree. He totally lost his confidence. When he was decisive, he was good but when he lost it, it snowballed so badly he was unrecognizable from his early time. His decision making went to hell along with his arm strength. But it wasn't that he sucked from the day one. He may have covered his flaws better but he did have some good games that gave people hope. He was never the same after the injury. What is really going to be interesting is to see what Chuckie is going to be able to do with him. Gruden does have the rep of being the QB whisperer.

Actually Gruden’s reputation is of a guy who collects quarterbacks and consistently plays them off against each other. His success has been with veteran quarterback’s that were developed far before he got his hands on him

Edited by BudAdams

• Replies 603
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Las Vegas is the funniest American city to imagine Mariota living.

Look at this disgusting fuckweasel.

Posted Images

8 hours ago, AvgJoe said:

I watched the Titans vs Packers yesterday from 2016. Mariota looks completely unrecognizable from what he became. Decisive throws in tight windows and confident. I will always maintain that he never was the same after that leg injury and became scared and soft. 

I had a thread last year with 2015-2016 vs 2017-2018 highlights.  Huge difference.  I think he took a big hit even before then in 2016, the Jags sealed the deal.  He still would do reckless things, but his instinct was "let me GTFO."

Just now, Number9 said:

I had a thread last year with 2015-2016 vs 2017-2018 highlights.  Huge difference.  I think he took a big hit even before then in 2016, the Jags sealed the deal.  He still would do reckless things, but his instinct was "let me GTFO."

Those INT clips of him are brutal to watch in retrospect.  Half the time it's like "where the fuck are you throwing the ball".

I remember back in 2016 MM talking about during the streak how the coaches finally got him to pull the trigger and let it rip. 

Two things

He didn't keep on letting it rip and defenses adjusted to his limited ability and made him make 2nd reads more often 

Speaking of defenses.  Talking head on the radio said Mahomes didn't know how to read defenses when he came to Kansas City.  Says he finally started to be able to midseason 2019.  He added that the Titans threw a defense at him they couldn't figure out in the first half.  Interesting if true.  Mahomes may have the best arm talent ever in the NFL, if he gets even smarter it will take more than talent to beat him.  It will take luck.

1 hour ago, Number9 said:

Speaking of defenses.  Talking head on the radio said Mahomes didn't know how to read defenses when he came to Kansas City.  Says he finally started to be able to midseason 2019.  He added that the Titans threw a defense at him they couldn't figure out in the first half.  Interesting if true.  Mahomes may have the best arm talent ever in the NFL, if he gets even smarter it will take more than talent to beat him.  It will take luck.

That's a complete out of context remark he made and the last year was referring to 2018.......

https://chiefswire.usatoday.com/2020/03/13/kansas-city-chiefs-hc-andy-reid-qb-patrick-mahomes-reading-defenses/

15 minutes ago, StephenIsLegend said:

I'll be honest:  my biggest surprise was that he even still wanted to play football.  Any time they showed him while Tannehill was balling out, he looked disinterested and defeated.  

Maybe his agent urged him to try one more time?  I have no clue.  

A few million dollars is hard to turn down regardless of how happy you are not starting...

Lets not act as if Mariota wasn’t having an MVP stretch in 2016 similar to the hot streak Tannehill went on this last season and looked as if he was going to be a star QB in this league for years to come. 

that injury really did do him in, and I honestly didn’t think it would be that big of a deal but it took its toll on him. 

That was it for MM and he never recovered. I hope he finds similar success with Las Vegas