Browns Sign Conklin

Jonboy

1 minute ago, NashvilleNinja said:

Eww... fuck that. We only have 6 picks as it is. If we trade anywhere I hope it's down, not up. As nice as it was to get Evans and Landry in the same draft I'd like to see us bring in more players, not less, especially now that the virus shit is affecting how teams try to find their next rookie class.

We need starters or guys who can come in and play. We don't have a lot of holes.  We can sign some undrafted guys to cut after training camp.

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Wow, shockingly cheap and low risk deal. 14M per year APY.    Obviously the Titans didn't want him back. 

I think in one of the pressers at the end of the year, someone asked about improving the offensive line. Vrabel said something like: "Well we definitely can't spend anymore money on it." 

Conklin is from Michigan. Also I'm so tired of Nashville citizens thinking the rest of the country is dogshit. Guess what, Conkkin is going to live in an upscale neighborhood you couldn't even gain ac

17 minutes ago, Number9 said:

Conklin will pay $500,000 State income tax Plus $360,000 Cleveland City income tax.  That's just an estimate on 18M income.  Throw in the cost of moving, sell home, buy new home.

JRob could have offered him 36 Million and he makes almost the same.  I'm sure JRob made some type of offer.  I think I would also add living in Nashville vs Cleveland.

I won't say he won't be missed because he will.  Still, he can be replaced.  Looks like they plan to develop a draft pick, maybe a second for a player JRob thinks will still be around that has potential, like Davis.  I imagine JRob knew all about Davis before the Senior Bowl.

If Austin Jackson or a similar guy falls I could see JRob getting active in round two.  We don't have a lot of picks, but we could trade a player.

Conklin is from Michigan. Also I'm so tired of Nashville citizens thinking the rest of the country is dogshit. Guess what, Conkkin is going to live in an upscale neighborhood you couldn't even gain access to. It's the same all over the country. The idea players give a shit about crap like this is laughable.

5 minutes ago, oldschool said:

Conklin is from Michigan. Also I'm so tired of Nashville citizens thinking the rest of the country is dogshit. Guess what, Conkkin is going to live in an upscale neighborhood you couldn't even gain access to. It's the same all over the country. The idea players give a shit about crap like this is laughable.

I know, but it sounds good.  The truth is Nashville is just nicer than Cleveland, that's why a lot of people with money have homes here.  The Browns suck.

I listened to Floyd talk about the tax incentives he used to explain to players.  He says he showed Roos how he would make the exact same money to sign with the Titans.  He said players just like that big figure.

12 minutes ago, oldschool said:

I found this for you.  If you mention my name you get to pay full price.

https://www.visitmusiccity.com/plan-a-trip-to-nashville/discounts-deals

SAVE IN MUSIC CITYDISCOUNT & DEALS

Experience more of Music City for less with these special offers, coupons, and incredible deals from Nashville.

11 minutes ago, WVTITAN said:

Well fuck, I hoped he would get more.  What is this a 4th round comp pick? Only signing scrubs to get anything.  

According to Over the Cap it falls into the 3rd round comp pick category, I was also concerned the length of the deal mightn't of been long enough to get a 3rd rounder.

Whether it stays as a 3rd round comp pick will depend on what else happens in free agency.

42 minutes ago, oldschool said:

OMG, the obsession with Nashville and thinking it's some elite unfathomable City for these millionaires is so ridiculous

32 minutes ago, Number9 said:

I found this for you.  If you mention my name you get to pay full price.

https://www.visitmusiccity.com/plan-a-trip-to-nashville/discounts-deals

SAVE IN MUSIC CITYDISCOUNT & DEALS

Experience more of Music City for less with these special offers, coupons, and incredible deals from Nashville.

I've been to Nashville numerous times.. 

8 minutes ago, wiscotitansfan said:

OMG, the obsession with Nashville and thinking it's some elite unfathomable City for these millionaires is so ridiculous

Cleveland has a stigma from the 80’s of being a shithole when that river caught on fire. It’s a good city these days and has been for awhile. But it just goes to show that it’s hard to shake some images ingrained in people’s heads.  

7 minutes ago, japan said:

Cleveland has a stigma from the 80’s of being a shithole when that river caught on fire. It’s a good city these days and has been for awhile. But it just goes to show that it’s hard to shake some images ingrained in people’s heads.  

Of course Cleveland is a shithole (the city itself relatively speaking, not where Conklin will be living) but that doesn't mean that Nashville is anywhere as great as people here seem to believe

Edited by wiscotitansfan

1 minute ago, japan said:

The bigger issue is the yokels acting like Nashville is some paradise with all kinds of better things compared to other NFL. cities.  Wrong.  

You can argue about benefits of no state income tax but the same applies to Florida, Texas, Washington. and now Nevada.

4 hours ago, oldschool said:

Lebron lived in a penthouse with a helicopter pad on top.