IrishTitansFan

Texans trade DeAndre Hopkins to the Cardinals for David Johnson

Back to reality, it was clear that he wanted a new contract and was going to holdout.  The same thing AB did last year.  Incumbent teams are not going to re-do deals with 3 years left whereas a new team can justify it because they don't have the signing bonus hit from the original deal on their books.

This is going to happen more often when players foolishly sign deals that put them under contract for 6 or 7 years.  The smart players sign 3 and 4 year deals to mitigate the market changes.

19 hours ago, BudAdams said:

Back to reality, it was clear that he wanted a new contract and was going to holdout.  The same thing AB did last year.  Incumbent teams are not going to re-do deals with 3 years left whereas a new team can justify it because they don't have the signing bonus hit from the original deal on their books.

This is going to happen more often when players foolishly sign deals that put them under contract for 6 or 7 years.  The smart players sign 3 and 4 year deals to mitigate the market changes.

Plenty of players make these claims every year and GMs don't drop their pants and bend over to move the player. This is what happens when you have someone like BoB playing at being GM. I agree with you on the shortening of long term contracts though, good point. 

3 minutes ago, oldschool said:

Plenty of players make these claims every year and GMs don't drop their pants and bend over to move the player. This is what happens when you have someone like BoB playing at being GM. I agree with you on the shortening of long term contracts though, good point. 

Right. He had 3 years left on his contract. What is he going to do retire? Not a chance. There is simply no justification for the trade unless it acquired a first and multiple draft picks. 

The problem is the precedent that Rosenhaus and Antonio Brown made last year to get out of deals not anywhere close to ending.  

From a team standpoint, it’s horrible if every star wants a redo every couple of years. 

4 minutes ago, BudAdams said:

The problem is the precedent that Rosenhaus and Antonio Brown made last year to get out of deals not anywhere close to ending.  

From a team standpoint, it’s horrible if every star wants a redo every couple of years. 

That also went terrible for the player in the end and he was elite level.

2 minutes ago, NashvilleNinja said:

But the two clowns at the bottom, Bozo and Psycho, are hardly what I'd call "men".

Hard to take a guy who looks like he's dressed as a nurse seriously.

1 hour ago, NashvilleNinja said:

Ok, the top 2 are bad ass. It's Iron Man and John Wick.

But the two clowns at the bottom, Bozo and Psycho, are hardly what I'd call "men".

that was one hell of a bad ass Joker. Butt chin has the biggest explosion behind him.

4 minutes ago, Tex in a Can said:

that was one hell of a bad ass Joker. Butt chin has the biggest explosion behind him.

Ever since someone pointed out that his chin looks like a butthole it's the first thing I notice now whenever I see a picture/video of him.

It's a good thing he's got an extra one given how full of shit he is.

9 minutes ago, NashvilleNinja said:

Ever since someone pointed out that his chin looks like a butthole it's the first thing I notice now whenever I see a picture/video of him.

It's a good thing he's got an extra one given how full of shit he is.

Did you read the rumor about how even the guy who handles the Texans cap is sick of Butthole and wants to quit?