IrishTitansFan

Texans trade DeAndre Hopkins to the Cardinals for David Johnson

18 minutes ago, scine09 said:

Best WR in football.  Glad her's out of the division.

Not for Long  AJ is coming quickly

1 minute ago, scine09 said:

There has to be more to this that we don't know about as far as something behind the scenes with Hopkins.

Schefter alluded to Hopkins wanting a new contract.  He's currently under contract through 2022 when he's 30. 

Regardless, trading him for a 30 year old RB making 11.5 M in guaranteed money to negate cap savings at least and swapping a 4th for a 2nd is just astoundingly dumb. 

7 minutes ago, scine09 said:

There has to be more to this that we don't know about as far as something behind the scenes with Hopkins.

Right, I know Hopkins had injuries last year. But a hobbled Hopkins is worth at least a late 1st round pick LOL.

3 minutes ago, BudAdams said:

Schefter alluded to Hopkins wanting a new contract.  He's currently under contract through 2022 when he's 30. 

Regardless, trading him for a 30 year old RB making 11.5 M in guaranteed money to negate cap savings at least and swapping a 4th for a 2nd is just astoundingly dumb. 

That may be all true, but you'd have to think he could have gotten more.

I think had AZ given up their first round pick no one would have blinked an eye and as Titans fans we'd still be thrilled.

All 30 other GMs in the league temporarily halted negotiations to collectively read and re-read about this trade in disbelief. It should start back up shortly.

Hopkins is gone and Fuller can’t stay healthy. Plus have to think Obtien trying anything to get a draft pick in this years first two rounds.  But this is just crazy for Texans. 

Just now, scine09 said:

That may be all true, but you'd have to think he could have gotten more.

I think had AZ given up their first round pick no one would have blinked an eye and as Titans fans we'd still be thrilled.

I wasn't defending the deal.  It's laughably bad.  I do think there's more with Hopkins here - probably he wants to renegotiate a deal with 3 years left and nobody wants to set that precedent.

Theoretically Speakin-If the Henry tag upsets sum of our guys or whatever we were alluding to earlier with the tweets etc.Woukdnt this cause fraction within the Texans organization and the players also.What kinda message does that send?Personally I’m thrilled and hope they completely collapse.