Barnwell grades Tannehill signing as C-

Titans279

Barnwell is a Tom Brady suck up.  And likely thinks that the Titans not pursuing Brady (even though he wants Brady to remain on the Pats) is foolish and therefore our non-Tom Brady signing is a foolish signing.

Sour grapes fan boy.

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

In 2019, Mahomes regressed big time from his 2018 season.  And ended up winning the Super Bowl.

Barnwell actually really knows the game which is why his take was especially shocking in its stupidity.  To say that we're a running team based around Henryas being the main reason this is a bad deal

Damn.  

Think the deal was damn near perfect for our situation. Light money the first year to make moves. Enough money to show him he important. And i dont think a regression is coming. He is accurate and got heart, all traits that carry over season to season. He might not be as efficient...but his play should be around the same. And to top it all off, we can wack em in 2 years and be done with it if he does not produce.. Jrob twerked the hell out that deal.

9 hours ago, Titans279 said:

Tannehill's baseline performance and talent level is likely nowhere near Mahomes'.

Overall I disagree with C- though. It's the best move we could have made in this situation IMO.

We could certainly win a Super Bowl with him, and given the alternatives I have no problem with the contract. We have to shoot our shot now. If it fails then we rebuild around a rookie in 2-3 years, which is what we'd be doing now anyway so why not give this core another chance?

KC averaged 25 PPG without Mahomes last year vs 2 top 10 defenses and playoff teams.  Our PPG was halved with Tannehill out of the lineup.  KC would survive without Mahomes, we wouldn't without Tannehill.

11 hours ago, Titans279 said:

I still don't understand the love affair for Tannehill? Without Henry, this team would've been 7-9 maybe at best. I think another couple traveling veterans of the past helped the Titans to the playoffs and 9-7 season, too in Collins and Hasselbeck. Rich Gannon took th

10 minutes ago, siamesedinasour said:

Counterpoint: This team was *actually* 2-4 with Henry but without Tannehill.

Counterpoint: 1-2 with Kelly blocking for Mariota without Lewan.

Counterpoint 2-2 with Kelly blocking for Mariota without Lewan

Counterpoint 2-3 with Lewan returning for Mariota vs surging Bills 14-7

Counterpoint: 4-5 with Lewan, Henry, Tannehill.

Counterpoint: See vs Chargers vs Bucs vs Carolina

So which chicken came before which egg and vice versa but beat New Engalnd and Baltimore before running outta steam in Kansas City??? And if Tannehill returns to his former self at 32, 33, 34 being backed by the likes of Blaine Gabbert, Matt Moore, Logan Woodside??? Not an easy thing to get to the AFC Championship and job well done, but we've also seen this in the NFL in years past in and out of Nashville. Jake Locker and Zach Mettenberger sucked. I'd rather have the best possible backup just in case. 

31 minutes ago, SuperTitanic said:

Counterpoint: 1-2 with Kelly blocking for Mariota without Lewan.

Counterpoint 2-2 with Kelly blocking for Mariota without Lewan

Counterpoint 2-3 with Lewan returning for Mariota vs surging Bills 14-7

Counterpoint: 4-5 with Lewan, Henry, Tannehill.

Counterpoint: See vs Chargers vs Bucs vs Carolina

So which chicken came before which egg and vice versa but beat New Engalnd and Baltimore before running outta steam in Kansas City??? And if Tannehill returns to his former self at 32, 33, 34 being backed by the likes of Blaine Gabbert, Matt Moore, Logan Woodside??? Not an easy thing to get to the AFC Championship and job well done, but we've also seen this in the NFL in years past in and out of Nashville. Jake Locker and Zach Mettenberger sucked. I'd rather have the best possible backup just in case. 

What are these counterpoints?

5 hours ago, JoelinBellevue said:

This team was a clusterfuck without Tanne. You do realize when he replaced Mariota that he was working on a 7 QBR. Tanne brought stability to the offense and the line we were all bitching about became very productive. He is also a great competitor and teammate. I remember a play where Douglas missed a block and he was talking to Tanne afterwards. Tanne said something then bumped helmets with him.  I thought right then this is the guy. Kelly whiffs on a block and he takes a sack, losing our 2nd and goal from the 3. Gets right up and throws a TD next play. This is one of his greatest assets. Nothing seems to rattle him. He stands in the pocket and gets lit up to give the receiver one more second to come open. Anyone would go to war with this guy. 

I'd like to nod my head in agreement with that understanding on a consistent basis rather than another Carson Palmer, Case Keenum, Nick Foles, Sam Bradford, Kerry Collins, ect, ect, from football past to prove that great of differential for the supposedly quiet Marcus vs the outspoken and determined Tannehill. You really think I'm cheering against Tannehill and his progression to continue? I'd love to see this continue and do this for the next three years realistically. I also think it's obvious to state just how overly inflated the bullshit we hear about from the national media and those who publicate certain players rubbed the wrong way or unmotivated by the softness of Marcus. There are plenty of Dolphin fans in Miami who are laughing their asses off about what they still consider the greatest mirage in making the AFC Championship game of all time. We'll see.

15 minutes ago, SuperTitanic said:

I'd like to nod my head in agreement with that understanding on a consistent basis rather than another Carson Palmer, Case Keenum, Nick Foles, Sam Bradford, Kerry Collins, ect, ect, from football past to prove that great of differential for the supposedly quiet Marcus vs the outspoken and determined Tannehill. You really think I'm cheering against Tannehill and his progression to continue? I'd love to see this continue and do this for the next three years realistically. I also think it's obvious to state just how overly inflated the bullshit we hear about from the national media and those who publicate certain players rubbed the wrong way or unmotivated by the softness of Marcus. There are plenty of Dolphin fans in Miami who are laughing their asses off about what they still consider the greatest mirage in making the AFC Championship game of all time. We'll see.

Miami just signed Ereck Flowers to $10M per year.  Their team sucks for so many reasons other than Tannehill.