With Tannehill signed, what do we do for backup QB?

Denali

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

PJ Walker

They still have time to franchise Mariota!

Posted Images

3 hours ago, JoelinBellevue said:

Stop being an idiot. I told you all Woodside would be the backup. He's a talented guy and just might develop. You and the rest always think the grass is greener.....

I just think you’re obsessed with backup QBs. I don’t really see the upside with woodside, but he knows the system. 

3 hours ago, Callidus said:

I could live with that.

Same here. I'd take Fitzpatrick as a backup in a heartbeat.

Before some person said he has already played for Tennessee there are players that go back for a second stint on teams.

Fitz isnt near as bad as some make him out to be. Also what most folks dont understand he did well despite being on stuck on Buffalo and Tennessee teams that were not good at the time averaging six wins a season between '09 and '13. He had 8 game winning drives and 7 fourth quarter comebacks along with over 15,000 yards and 93TD's during '09-'13.

From '14 thru '19 he threw for over 16,000 yards and 104 TD's along with 8 game winning drives and 5 fourth quarter comebacks he actually played on winning teams with the Jets and Texans but fell short of the playoffs both times and then set career records in 2018 playing with some good talent in Tampa

Overall Fitzpatrick has been an NFL Player of the Week on eight seperate occassions. 17 game-winning drives and 12 fourth quarter comebacks along with throwing for nearly 33,000 yards and 210 TD's completing 60% of passes.

He has set several NFL Records like throwing for 400 yards or more in three straight games, Had 4 TD passes of at least 50 yards or more in his first two games of the '18 season, Had 2 straight games with 400 yards passing and 4 TD passes. Threw a 98 yard TD pass to Terrell Owens while with Bills. Threw 6 TD passes in one game while with Texans. Had 31 TD passes in one season breaking the Jets record.

NFL Records

First QB in NFL history to throw 400 yards or more in three straight games

Most touchdown passes of at least 50 yards through a team's first 2 games – 4

Most consecutive games of 400 yards passing and 4 touchdowns to begin a season – 2

Most consecutive games of 400 yards passing – 3

Bills franchise records

Longest touchdown pass by a Bills player: 98 yards (against Jacksonville Jaguars on November 22, 2009)

Texans franchise records

Most passing touchdowns in a single game: 6 (against Tennessee Titans on November 30, 2014)

Jets franchise records

Most passing touchdowns in a single season: 31 (2015)

Buccaneers franchise records

Only QB with consecutive weeks of 400 yards passing: Weeks 1–3, 2018

Only QB to pass for 400 yards multiple times in a season: 4 (2018)

Most consecutive weeks of having a passer rating of at least 140.0 in a season: 2 (2018)

Most touchdown passes in the first three weeks of a season: 11 (2018)

Most games with at least 4 touchdown passes in a season: 3 (2018)

Woodside is a total unknown. Considering how important next season is, I would really hate to put it on a total unknown. I would've said Keenum, but since he's gone Flacco seems like the best option to me based on resume. Maybe Bortles as younger option. It's unlikely we'll hit on another Tannehill.  I don't see Winston or Newton coming here.

1 hour ago, socaltitan said:

Woodside is a total unknown. Considering how important next season is, I would really hate to put it on a total unknown. I would've said Keenum, but since he's gone Flacco seems like the best option to me based on resume. Maybe Bortles as younger option. It's unlikely we'll hit on another Tannehill.  I don't see Winston or Newton coming here.

I rather the titans sign me than flacco. At least that way I make some money as I watch the titans season turn to shit.