It is an over pay. It is a huge risk. JRob was smart to do it.

At no point in his career did MM ever earn this.

RT earned the deal. And while it is a huge contract today, Prescott then Maholmes will soon get deals that make this look small.

the best part is that jrob now can work with Henry and Conklin or franchise as needed. 

smart. Risky. Next.

9 minutes ago, BudAdams said:

Pay Mariota $ 28 M in hard cap money (Tannehill is $ 22.5 M on this deal), add Brady at whatever he'll get, sign Henry, and you would have tons of money to add pass rushers.

JFC.  Even for TR, this is just wow.....

Obviously you don't understand a lick of economics.

17 minutes ago, Makaveli said:

I would have signed Henry, franchise tagged Mariota then persued Tom Brady. Signed Brady to a 2 yr deal then allowed Mariota to learn under Brady while drafting a guy. That would give Mariota time to learn, while grooming a guy and using all the extra Casholla for edge pass rushers to stop that Mahommes.

Exactly what cash would be left if you franchise MM (cap this year of about $30 M), signed Brady (reports were that would take another $30 M), and signed Henry?  

Even if you think you want to pay MM that much money to be a backup, what makes you think he would "learn" under Brady who is famous at NOT being a tutor?

And with our draft position, where do you think a QB comes from?

And how much money do you think Henry will accept?

I can't see what you or working on any level.

8 minutes ago, Makaveli said:

Obviously you don't understand a lick of economics.

Yes I guess so!  Explain how paying Mariota $ 28 M to sit and learn behind Tom Brady (making a starter's QB salary mind you) as well as paying Henry a new deal makes any logical sense Milton Friedman......

But on the serious side. I'm glad we got it done. I think if Tanney doesn't get complacent and can build off what he did last year he will be worth it. We need to get Henry under contract. I really couldn't careless if we resign or let Conklin walk. His position is deep in this year's draft, and if Kelly is still on the roster he could definitely be just as effective.

1 hour ago, Makaveli said:

I would have signed Henry, franchise tagged Mariota then persued Tom Brady. Signed Brady to a 2 yr deal then allowed Mariota to learn under Brady while drafting a guy. That would give Mariota time to learn, while grooming a guy and using all the extra Casholla for edge pass rushers to stop that Mahommes.

Setting aside the fact that was never going to happen, you fail to consider that maybe Mariota wouldn't want that. You think he wants to sit behind someone to "learn"? IF there's an opportunity to start somewhere he's going to want to take that. But beside that, even if he knows he's going to be a backup next year no matter what, why would he want to come back to the team that just paid him $20M to take a fraction of that holding Brady's jock? He'll go somewhere else and save a little face.

Seriously... I'm rooting for Mariota as hard as most anyone on here, but he's not going to be a Titan anymore. You need to let that shit geaux.